• April 24, 2017, 02:17:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: PLEASE READ THIS FIRST - So whats this all about  (Read 6474 times)

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST - So whats this all about
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:28:04 PM »

It's about one place where people can post about none OEM parts that they have found that fit Hyosungs.  

I noticed that members were posting all over the place about bits a pieces that they have used to mod their bikes and I thought it was about time that someone collated these useful bits of information in one place.  

I know that there is a mods and parts section on the home page but, who goes there.  It should also make searching out parts and mods easier.  It is also intended to include "How Too" posts and video's so that we don't have to constantly post "Use the search button" when noobs ask about such things.

As I will keeping an eye out for these sort of posts and moving them here (including searching out old posts) it would be appreciated if, when you see something that you feel needs to be moved here, you can PM me with the forum section and post name.  

It is hoped that eventually this forum will form a useful database of parts that can be sourced from other manufacturers, including the Big 4 or other exotics, that fit our bikes.    

So if you have found a part that fits our bikes, have a or found a "How Too" or even something that will fit after modding, PM me or post it here.  Include any links to manufacturers or suppliers if you can and include any alterations that you have made to make it fit.  Photo's would be good.

Disclaimer time - any non OEM part, modified part, "How Too" instruction or recommendation included in this thread is not endorsed by Korider as safe or deemed fit for purpose.  

If there isn't an appropriate thread already existing, start one and I'll move things if anything is duplicated or appears to be in the wrong place.

Enough for now - start getting the info to me

Mick S
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

locko

• Forum Addict
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 11:20:18 PM »

THANK YOU MICK!!! about time we get this :D!!!
im going to buy the cbr levers and ill post about the need for fitments!

thnx guys for putting this new forum :D!

AmishCrackDealer

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • http://www.outcastcyclesmagazine.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »

would this be the place for posting about my Schwinn cup holder and tail-rack?

What about universal lowering links?

locko

• Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »

YEAS!!!! :D post it up !

HyoKilt

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:45:59 PM »

Mick has a top brainstorming session and comes up trumps !  :cheers:

Top Idea mate.

ZEN and the art of trying to get my F$#@NG motor to work - Pass me the Angle Grinder nurse.

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »

Quote from: "AmishCrackDealer"
would this be the place for posting about my Schwinn cup holder and tail-rack?

What about universal lowering links?

If it's been asked for then this is the place to to put a link  :wink:
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

admill

• Training Wheels
oil filter?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »

ok i think i'm in the right place here, I've got a question.  I'm stationed on Ft Bragg, and the nearest Hyosung dealer to me is in Raleigh.  I'm waaaay overdue for an oil change and I'm tryin to find out if anybody knows if the oil filter in the Hyosung is interchangeable with anything else, like the Suzuki SV650.  I don't really wanna take it apart to find out it's not gonna work.  I also don't wanna make long trips everytime i need an oil change.  Does anybody know if it's possible to substitute any other oil filter that's standard in any bike that a regular bike shop has actually heard of before?  I've got the UM V2S 650R, or GT 650R, they're the same thing just different distributors.  If anybody can help me out I'd apprecite it, thanx.

phantom24

• Training Wheels
  • The only easy day was yesterday! Airborne!
Re: PLEASE READ THIS FIRST - So whats this all about
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 01:51:03 AM »

You can purchase a  "Hi Flo HF681" filter for the bike on Amazon.com I bought mine a while back and it was cheap in price. About $6 with shipping. They are a direct fit for the bike.  Or you can go to Powersports Superstore.com and get them there. Enjoy Bragg abd keep your feet and knees together on Normandy DZ. Airborne!
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

MotoUnion

• Scraping the pegs
  • No officer it's street legal..I promise.
    • Moto Union
Re: PLEASE READ THIS FIRST - So whats this all about
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »

Hi Mick

I guess the obivious one is the Rear Shock, seek alternatives from Suzuki Bandit / GS500 or in the case of our MotoUnion GT250X a GSXR400.

Nice Work Mate, let me me know about what you find out from
Kevin "Ago" Murphy.

Cheers

Mark 
www.motounion.co.uk
 ;)

Pages: [1]