• August 21, 2017, 05:44:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Asking about and following up - Please post on this thread  (Read 15947 times)

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
Asking about and following up - Please post on this thread
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:26:26 PM »

Please post on this thread so that the other threads don't get over bloated with posts and the information gets lost.  

I'll will make sure that each time a new part, recommendation or "how too" is posted, a link to the original thread will be provided and the originator is credited with the information.  By following the link you will more than likely answer your own query.  

Thanks - Mick S
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

iwantmore

• Scraping the pegs
    • Hyosung-GTR
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »

would anyone know of any decent rotors for our bikes.

i know ebc make a pro lite, but its basically a direct replacement rotor and nothing special.

has anyone thought to check the bolt pattern and dimension to see if they are similar to another make of bike. ie suzuki gsxr

this would open up alot more scope for the rotors and lighter more grippy discs would be available for a gsxr.

HyoKilt

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »

Quote from: "iwantmore"
would anyone know of any decent rotors for our bikes.

i know ebc make a pro lite, but its basically a direct replacement rotor and nothing special.

has anyone thought to check the bolt pattern and dimension to see if they are similar to another make of bike. ie suzuki gsxr

this would open up alot more scope for the rotors and lighter more grippy discs would be available for a gsxr.

In a similar query, I think those Wave or Buzzsaw brakes would look the bollocks on a Hyo, if we can find compatable bikes, then we can maybe source Wave discs....

ZEN and the art of trying to get my F$#@NG motor to work - Pass me the Angle Grinder nurse.

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:37:42 PM »

The EBC spreadsheet doesn't throw up any matches when you use the "Find" function.  

I can't believe that Hyosung are using unique rotors  :?
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

iwantmore

• Scraping the pegs
    • Hyosung-GTR
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:03:47 AM »

i too belive they are prob not unique.

the bolt pattern must match another make.

this would prob be easy to fig out, its getting a disc that matches the same dimension and offset from the hub that would be difficult to find.

maybe if we could find someone who works in a parts shop or similar to match up discs by eye, and then get them measured properly. we may get somewere.

anybody out there that can do this?

PrototypePacifist

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:58:46 AM »

Ixil Exhausts!

http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/home.php?cat=32255

For 125, 250, and 650s.
Does NOT require rejet (on 650 at least) :D

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »

Quote from: "head_gt650r"
couldn't you just use some off the shelf brake lines? that a the correct length correct fittings. there a cheap kits that can be cut down to whatever length u like and come with an assortment of fitings.

A lot of the smaller, independant bike shops can or can get brake lines/hoses made up for you.  I had my SS brake lines made by my local Hyosung Dealer - T Northeast, Horley"  (perhaps he deserves a place in the trusted dealers section.)

Mick S
Jerry Garcia

Mowhawk81

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Asking about and following up - Please post on this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »

A list of brake calipers that fit without making a bracket would be nice.
If computer games really affected people, then children of my generation would have grown up bouncing round small dark rooms, listening to repetitive music, munching on small white pills, all the while believing they can see a ghost named 'pinky'!

strange_eye

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • http://www.myspace.com/strange_eye
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »

so are there any good front sprockets that are interchangable with ours? dont really care if the tooth pattern goes up or down. not really wanting a 13t, but just curious.

nicho

• Learner rider
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »

gday to all ,
im trying to chase down where i can get a rear hugger - anyone able to help me out....im getting frustrated..........its for GT650R

cheers

nicho
life is like lesbianism..............<br />its never like how it is portrayed in the movies

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5