• September 21, 2014, 09:04:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New GV650 Owner  (Read 827 times)

zman2800

• Training Wheels
New GV650 Owner
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »

Hello all, new 2008 GV650 owner from Fort Worth, Texas.

First wanted to mention how happy I am with my new GV. My previous bikes were a Shadow 750 and a VTX1300 and quite honestly I would have to compare this to the VTX1300 not the Shadow. I had been looked for a good deal on a used bike but then started researching the GV and no good used bike could beat the deal of the GV. This is even more true when the dealer knocked of 200 dollars and I was still able to take advantage of the Hyosung 500 off of the 2008 650 models!!!

At first was a little leery because I started with finding just bad reviews, but then again look at anything out there bikes, cars, boats, computers, anything and you have people that have had bad experiences and then proceed to bash that product. I had a 2005 Mustang GT that had every single first gen issue. Yes it was a nuisance, but I did not bash the Mustangs or Ford over it.

I am glad I went with the GV and if anyone every asked about a bike I would just say “Have you looked at a Hyosung?”

I do have a question that I have searched on and did not find anything on yet on the GV. I know I am still in the break in period but is it normal on takeoff, in first of course, to have a bit of gear clatter under light to medium load? It sounds as if it goes away after reaching 15 or so mph. My other two bikes had straight shots on them when I got them so I could not tell if they were doing that. Hell, you could not tell if a semi was taking off next to you either.

Just wanted to check if this is normal during break in or normal for the bike overall or if I should have it looked at.

Thanks!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
Re: New GV650 Owner
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »

I have a GT650R - same fish, different smell  ;)

Gear clatter - nope, what your hearing is a bit of clutch chatter and some do that.  Check your oil level (bike held upright and both wheels on the ground).  Also, check what oil has been used at the PDI.

1st service should be at 600 miles - but I changed the oil at 300 and again at 3000 miles, then every 4000 miles.  Use dino 10W40 for the 1st - 3rd changes and then semi syth after that. 

Happy cruising (don't use that term in the UK  ;) ) and ride safe - keep yer arse off the asphalt     
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

Foehammer

• Beacon, NY, USA
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:23:48 PM »

Wecolme to the fold bro!  Make sure to post pics when you get the chance.
I am Santini, The Great Santini.  I come at night, from behind the moon, through the clouds, unannounced, watch out, watch out!
2007 UM V2S 650R
Redneck upgrades

madtheswine99

• Scraping the pegs
    • http://madtheswine.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »

Welcome,and ride safe/ ;D

Pages: [1]