• October 22, 2018, 12:59:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Race Tech Drop-in Cartridges  (Read 10159 times)

BradCCM

Race Tech Drop-in Cartridges
« on: May 29, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »

Hi everyone... I am sorry I have not been on the forum at all for the last few months. I have been working still on racing the Hyosung. I have an X AMA pro riding the bike and have been doing test after test making product for the bike. I am very happy to announce that we have been working with Race Tech suspension and are testing 25mm drop-in cartridges for the front forks next month!  We have made a ton of changes to the bike and are testing to get our lap times down to be competitive in AFM (AFM 650 class has over 50 riders in it with SV superbikes, also this class is much bigger and faster than WERA) We are about a month or two away from starting our racing back up. The new  parts we have made lately include, battery box, New rear  ohlins shock and stabilizer, 25mm drop-ins cartridges, wiring harness, pistons, valve springs, ported and polished, and front stay (there is more but i cant think of all of them right now!). The last thing we need to be competitive is a set of rims, the stock rims are very heavy and we do not have the same drive out of the corners as the SVs (After market rims are almost 35lbs lighter, 35lbs of rotating mass is huge). We are in contact with a rim company to make  rims for the bike that are purpose made. We are producing just under 90hp at the rear wheel now!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

bolo4utoo

• Regular rider
Re: Race Tech Drop-in Cartridges
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:50:56 AM »

Brad, check on using cbr900rr rear wheel. I have one on mine and it is alot lighter. The 900 front is 16 inch so i did not try to change it but I do know that other cbr wheels are 17 inch. Another reason for not changing the front is due to not being able to have a speedo but that should not affect a race bike. I have all the specs for the bushings and other parts to fit the wheel if interested.
Good Luck
(I want the piston setup when you get them produced)

BradCCM

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

Thank you....  :) The reason we are going after Carrozzeria is for the magnesium rims, All of the top SVs that we will  be racing against have Marchini rims.  The weight that they are saving on the rims is worth up  to 4 sec per lap. The rotating mass that they are saving makes the bike more snappy out of the corners. We were 5 sec off the fastest lap put down by an SV with a GSXR 750 front end and an engine that was built and producing upwords of 100+ hp.  The way AFM works is during practice if you get within 3 sec of the fastest lap put down at the last race we can start in 12th. If we dont than we start in about 55th. we could work up to about 30th with the lap times we are running but that does not do any good for Hyo finishing in 30th. I am amazed how fast the AFM riders are in this class. Turning lap times that could do about 12th in the 600 class! AFM compaired to WERA to me is like MotoGP VS AMA! The caliber of riders and bikes is so much greater at AFM than what I was used to with WERA! Thank you for the idea but what we are going after is a light as possable to be competitive :). Carrazeria did make rims for the bike at one point. I just have to talk them into making another set for me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:41:04 PM by BradCCM »

BradCCM

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »

I just looked up the difference in lap times at Buttonwillow races... AFM fastest time in the 650 superbike was a 1:55.4 WERA fastest time was a 1:58.9.  So a 3.6 second difference per lap. So the fastest rider in AFM would be 28.8 seconds ahead of the fastest WERA racer at the end of the race! A fast rider on a GSXR1000 superbike is doing really good if they are running high 139s.

bolo4utoo

• Regular rider
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:58:58 AM »

I understand what you are looking for,Those wheels are light and every little bit helps. I raced about 15 years ago "WERA" but alot has changed since then. Good Luck

luis3132

• Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 04:16:36 PM »

How heavy are the gt650 wheels in total?
Also, is the front wheel 3.00" or 3.5" width?

The front wheel on my 2005 is 3" and it is suppossed to be 3.5"

Are you guys selling the cartridges, how much are they?

I started racing my bike up here in Canada and need to start working on my bike "little by little : )"
SI SENOR...

4sage3

• Regular rider
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »

The need for pics, is an understatement.     ;)   

I don't race but I would like to see all the mods you put on a hyo.
09' GV650 (ORANGE & BLACK)

BradCCM

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »

We do not use the stock gauges, we run a tach and water temp on the tripple clamp

We use the stock calipers and rotors, running Galfer brake lines and pads. We do try and keep the bike as stock as possable to keep it a hyosung

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/braparap/bikepic6.jpg
In order to install new Ohlins rear shock we had to get rid of the battery tray and make a different battery box...

41mm flat slide carbs with K&N pod filters running on 110 race gas...

http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/braparap/?action=view&current=0609090944.flv

You can hear the clicking of the flat  slides when the bike is running...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:11:43 PM by BradCCM »

zoran

• Forum Addict
  • the older I get, the faster I was
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 07:40:37 PM »

Thanks for pics, Brad! Great work!

Making progress on the wheel replacement?

zoran
life is too important to be taken seriously...

BradCCM

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »

Not yet... I have been really busy putting the OEM parts catalog on our website. I finished the  gt650r yesterday and it is up and working for all the OEM parts. We are working on getting the 250r and the GVs on there now... but the way I have to do it, it takes about 3 weeks per bike. I hope to have rims next month though... :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5