• September 22, 2018, 07:41:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 1/4 Mile time for a 250  (Read 10161 times)

Nick Pana

• Training Wheels
1/4 Mile time for a 250
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:08:40 AM »

Hi all,

just wandering what the quickest 1/4 mile time anyone has posted with a hyo 250??

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

fatrat2

Re: 1/4 Mile time for a 250
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:50:57 AM »

I'd guess 14-14.5.
Pass Time is one of my favorite shows.
What's your guess?

Mike on the Rock

• Forum Addict
  • Mesa Arizone where it nevers snows
    • www.seaies.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 05:41:48 AM »

My guess is 17.5 sec for the 1/4, maybe 75/80 in the trap.
Ride safe Mike on the Rock
All my Rides are Naked.

http://seaies.com
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford

Nick Pana

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »

Yea i would of thought around the 14 mark with jet kit, air filter etc.

RayLee

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 07:12:43 AM »

After reading these replies all of a sudden I feel like my bike's slower.. :(

I thought the jet kit/filter didn't do much for the 250's.

Dream of Flight

• Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 08:28:03 PM »

you're seriously asking about 1/4 mile times on a 250? You could have bought and older gsxr or ninja for the same money and gone so much faster. These are starter bike...

But I guess if it's all in good fun... I'll go faster than all of you cuz I have the r6 mod that's popular on gsxr's so I can get wide open throttle without breaking my wrist... i can concentrate more on the clutchless sifting  ;) Plus a sprocket, air filter and tons more... Plus the custom paint makes me go faster, lol

silentjatt

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 04:02:50 AM »

you're seriously asking about 1/4 mile times on a 250? You could have bought and older gsxr or ninja for the same money and gone so much faster. These are starter bike...

But I guess if it's all in good fun... I'll go faster than all of you cuz I have the r6 mod that's popular on gsxr's so I can get wide open throttle without breaking my wrist... i can concentrate more on the clutchless sifting  ;) Plus a sprocket, air filter and tons more... Plus the custom paint makes me go faster, lol

making a slow bike run to its full potential and beyond is an acquired taste. ;)
08 GT250R FI---- dead! :(
life moves on to 'better' bikes..

Dream of Flight

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 08:44:17 PM »

making a slow bike run to its full potential and beyond is an acquired taste. ;)

I'm just doing some friendly ball busting ;)

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
  • No, I have not seen your cat :)
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 01:00:09 AM »

Perhaps, but there's some really good reasons why the Hyo is a great option besides speed. For me it was looks, physical size, price & the V-twin. The bigger your bike (capacity wise) the higher the rego and insurance goes up and generally it uses more fuel. I commute on it so its all about saving cash. For me the only thing my GT250R lacks is a little HP. Dragging every l0th of a second down the 1/4 mile is important  :)

All that said my guess is the 250R would struggle to run a 14. With someone really light is might but I think one that is stock standard would run a low 15 with the right rider on it.

Dream of Flight

• Learner rider
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 08:55:29 PM »

I love these bikes. They look awesome, and mine looks even better cuz of the mods  8) I commute on mine too. There's nothing better than the look on the face of a rider on a hayabusa who rolls up next to you and asks you if it's a 1000. If I could get some Mag wheels I'd be the happiest guy on the planet  :o

Perhaps, but there's some really good reasons why the Hyo is a great option besides speed. For me it was looks, physical size, price & the V-twin. The bigger your bike (capacity wise) the higher the rego and insurance goes up and generally it uses more fuel. I commute on it so its all about saving cash. For me the only thing my GT250R lacks is a little HP. Dragging every l0th of a second down the 1/4 mile is important  :)

All that said my guess is the 250R would struggle to run a 14. With someone really light is might but I think one that is stock standard would run a low 15 with the right rider on it.

Pages: [1] 2 3