• December 18, 2017, 11:34:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GT250R Dash Problems  (Read 5870 times)

GeordieBiker6

• Training Wheels
GT250R Dash Problems
« on: July 23, 2009, 01:28:02 AM »

Hey guys,

I have a 2006 Hyosung GT250R and had a few issues that i was hoping someone could shed some light on.

Firstly, theres the temperature gauge.  It doesnt work at all.  Doesnt give a reading, doesnt even light up.  Any ideas what the problem may be and how to fix it?

Second,  the fuel gauge.  My bike runs out of fuel while still reading 1/4 full and has left me stranded twice.  Again, any ideas on what the problem is/ how to fix it??

Third,  I noticed that if you look really closely, there is a MP/H option for the speedo and mine is on the KM/H. How can i change this?

Cheers,

GeordieBiker6
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:43:17 AM by GeordieBiker6 »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
Re: GT250R Dash Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:00:36 AM »

Firstly, theres the temperature gauge.  It doesnt work at all.  Doesnt give a reading, doesnt even light up.  Any ideas what the problem may be and how to fix it?

Loose connection - almost certain of it ..  Bitch to get at as you have to strip off the the whole fairing to get a real good look

Second,  the fuel gauge.  My bike runs out of fuel while still reading 1/4 full and has left me stranded twice.  Again, any ideas on what the problem is/ how to fix it??

Haven't seen a post about how accurate the fuel gauge yet.  You should do what we all do - use the trip odometer.  Most on 250's seem to fill up at 200miles

Third,  I noticed that if you look really closely, there is a MP/H option for the speedo and mine is on the KM/H. How can i change this?

Cheers,

There is s post about changing the the digital dash from KPH to MPH
http://korider.com/index.php?topic=12775.0

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=13340.0
Click to the link to alternative cruisers

"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
  • No, I have not seen your cat :)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:21:09 AM »

1. As far as I know no GT250R has come out of the factory with a temperature guage. I can see mine too, its not supposed to light up cause its for the 650's. Someone on here did manage to rig up their own but...

2. Depends on the bike on how good the fuel guage is. Mine works great but others aren't so lucky. I get 25kms from 1 litre very consistently. So theoretically 425kms from a tank. I fill at 350km religiously, I advise you to do the same, like Mick said.

3. Follow Micks advise - I presume whatever country you live in uses miles...?

GeordieBiker6

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

Hey cheers guys,

Wow, your bike is f**king good on gas mate. i do use the trip meter now and get about 300kms to a tank...

Bushpig- im in New Zealand but havnt been for too long. grew up in UK and used to using miles. KMH make you think youre going faster than you are... more numbers...(maybe thats just me??)

Once again thanks guys.

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »

Before I purchased I was actually expecting it to be even better... I use Caltex Vortex 98 and Motul Synethic. Check out Hyowhistled, he's getting even better mileage out of a GT650R. I'm rather jealous  :(

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »

1. As far as I know no GT250R has come out of the factory with a temperature guage. I can see mine too, its not supposed to light up cause its for the 650's. Someone on here did manage to rig up their own but...

D'oh - 250 - oil cooled - what a prat -  I must take more time to read what has been written - 2/10 for me  ;)
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »

D'oh - 250 - oil cooled - what a prat -  I must take more time to read what has been written - 2/10 for me  ;)

Haha lol. I was gonna say somethin but considerin your a nice guy and a proud owner of a 650 I let it slide  ;)

Pages: [1]