• November 19, 2017, 09:28:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why do people keep baging out Hyo?  (Read 3819 times)

thecptn

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Why do people keep baging out Hyo?
« on: July 21, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »

Isnt every one noticing this trend lately? it appears on certain bike forums and even some certain bike magazines, it obviously stems from the fact that the bike is Korean made, if memory serves me corectly, Jap bike companies experienced a similar thing when they came on the scene, and I think we all know now of there place in the market place, add this in the equation...history repeats its self..doesnt it.. :wink:

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Razeor

• Grinding the pipes
    • http://www.razeor.com
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:20:07 PM »

Well Hyo (in australia at least) didn't start of in the best manner. They had bikes that were of poor quality and from what I hear the service on them wasn't so good. If your trying to break into a new market well, you really need to sort you $hit out first.

So if this was replicated world wide then you can understand these negitive comments... Add this to the fact that people don't like change and I think you have your reasons...

Once Hyo has fixed most of the problems they have and once Hyo becomes more of a household name I HOPE these people will start to appreciate Hyos a bit more...

www.razeor.com - I.T. For All

Mike on the Rock

• Forum Addict
  • Mesa Arizone where it nevers snows
    • www.seaies.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 06:33:29 AM »

Quote from: "Razeor"
Well Hyo (in australia at least) didn't start of in the best manner. They had bikes that were of poor quality and from what I hear the service on them wasn't so good.

My Red GT250 Korean bike was # 173 off the line back in 2000, it was not my first Hyosung and all of the Hyosung bikes I have owned are still running, but they like Hyosung had some troubles, like money to get the bikes built and delivered. The early Importers did a great job and supported the Company as best as possible, this was a new bike and Hyosung just could barely pay for all the material and parts, so spare parts where hard to come by for the importers and what bikes you got never where just what you ordered. Hyosung Motors had been spun off from Hyosung, but that is a deferent story, the Owner had put all the money into the 250 and 650 Bikes.

The present Owner bought into the Company and that made the 650 possible. The down side was that the old importers got left out as the new management wanted new contracts; this is good and bad, most Importers had invested into the testing to get the Bikes ‘legal’ in there market, this is expensive and the new Owners where not to happy about having to cover this cost. Production has been inconsistent with demand and spare parts have not been factored into the delivery equations.

GT and GV 250 Bikes have not been CARB certified yet, five years for the best 250 bike on the market to not be available in the biggest single market in the world just boggles the mind.

UM in the USA is interesting, I do not know if they can sell the bikes under the UM name with out getting them re tested, they claim that they have “designed them”?

The People in OZ forced the new fork and rear shock on Hyosung and AS got the bikes EPA and CARB approved.

I think some people have been watching to many stupid movies and not riding.

Ride safe
Mike on the rock

P.S. I have Three Hyosug Bikes here and one in Korea, so I am invested in this !
Ride safe Mike on the Rock
All my Rides are Naked.

http://seaies.com
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford

deadmeat

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 07:18:17 AM »

:)

psychedelic

• Forum Addict
  • Hyosung's first bagger
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 12:17:12 PM »

I cant say really add much to this. Other than my own exprinces. Never had any problems that wernt rider related. The bike has been flawless. Basicly I belive some of it comes from the usal sorces. Non riders Not happy owners and the hole group of how much darn money Wow I could have got 3 of these for what I paided for mine.
You dont have to like it. But its for the best

Devilish

• Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 07:45:45 AM »

As previously said this happens to every newbie on the market...

There are guys I have ridden with that call it crap and bag it out because it is funny to be negative about the new company bikes in most riding groups. These guys also don't want a ride of it, or sit on it or check it out just incase they are proven wrong...

Other guys I ride with all said the same thing, and that is that they are REALLY impressed by it, specially what you get for the price being a learner legal bike that can turn into a full powered 650, two bikes for the price of one.

I went for a ride one with and a Guy on an R6 wouldn't give my bike back... i was stuck on an R6 all night (poor me! which looked like a bear on a mini bike). He loved how big it was and how comfortable it was with his girlfriend on the back.

So of course people who don't want to know anything about it are going to be negative about it specially because it's new...
Happiness is like peeing your pants! Sure everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth... [size=18]-=BLUE RIDERS COOL=-[/size]

gautier

• Grinding the pipes
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:57:13 AM »

the hyosung is of poor quality compared to the japanese makes.the negative press is mostly deserved .If hyosung wants to stop the bad publicity and bitchin by hyo owners all they need to do is improve quality and customer service.hyosung needs to be grilled for their poor effort in the motorcycle business.now add this deal with UM,looks like they have  more trouble brewing.Having said all this,I am enjoying my gt650s,but I would will not reccomend it to anybody unless you can get a deep discount and have a tenacious dealer that will fight for the customer.
<div>junk bike:.05 gt650s</div><br />

C4_99

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 03:15:16 AM »

Doing a little surfing I found this article.  This guy (Harley rider) seemed deeply disturbed about the coming abouts of the GV 650 and Hyo.  Another afraid of anything new or similar to whats out there today.

Half way down look for the picture of the GV, it all starts there.

http://www.heading270.net/stories.htm

gautier

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »

Hyosung Chief Engineer N.C. Heo said: “It was quite a nice compliment to be told by Harley-Davidson that we got it right!”

I like that honesty.he does not giva shit what harley thinks,and neither do I.way to go hyo chief engineer.
<div>junk bike:.05 gt650s</div><br />

mudduck

• Regular rider
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 04:38:25 AM »

if you really compair the two bikes they are differant,  the gas tanks are made differant and all , in reality i has more of a look about it like a warriour than a v-rod but who cares
Please load BRAIN before shooting off MOUTH !!

Pages: [1] 2 3