• October 20, 2017, 12:44:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Letter to Korider from HYO President!  (Read 17872 times)

BradCCM

Letter to Korider from HYO President!
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:15:08 AM »

This letter was sent to me from Tony Kim, President of Hyo USA, to post on Korider addressing some of the recent posts...

August 12, 2009

Dear KoRider Participants,

First of all, we are very appreciative of you interest in Hyosung Motors’ activities.  There have recently been a lot of rumors regarding the status of Hyosung Motors America, Inc.  I want to begin by refuting any such rumors that exist.  Hyosung Motors America is not going out of business.  We, like every other motorcycle manufacturer and every other business in America, for that matter, have had our share of difficulties in this tough economic recession.  We have been forced to face difficult decisions in reducing staff and cutting our budgets, just like every other hard-hit business in America.

However, instead of declaring bankruptcy, requesting government bailout monies, or going out-of-business, we have chosen to look for alternate solutions to the economic crisis.  The fact is that S&T Motors Co., Ltd., our parent company and the Korean headquarters for manufacturing, has been giving Hyosung Motors America, Inc. greater authority to transact business on its behalf.  Hyosung Motors America, Inc. is now expanding its efforts not only in America, but also to Central and South America, and will be the liaison to our Canadian distributorship, National Motorsports.

Hyosung has been researching expansion in the parts and accessories line-up and have released our first Accessories catalog to dealers as of June, 2009.  The warehouse staff of Hyosung have been preparing for a massive parts department expansion in preparation for the Central, South and North American distributorships.  In that preparation, they are also analyzing issues with our current systems and coming up with new, more effective methods of assisting our customers.

We understand there have been delays in our parts department in the past and that there are even some issues currently.  We are striving to improve those.  We also know that there are still several parts on backorder with S&T Motors.  We are working to resolve those back-orders and consistently making orders on those products in an effort to increase production of the needed parts.  We are making our best efforts to solve all the current difficulties and achieve better customer satisfaction.

Please be assured that though we have had our share of struggles with this economy and with specific parts issues, Hyosung Motors America is not going anywhere and, last of all, out-of-business.  It is our sincere hope that this economic downturn will begin to subside and that the motorcycle industry, as a whole, will turn around in the coming months.  As we await that upswing, know that we are also still looking for alternate solutions such as increased retail financing options, increased production of parts from the Korean manufacturing office, better organizational systems in the parts department, and territory expansion to keep Hyosung Motors America as strong as it can be.  We are looking forward to a brighter future for Hyosung and hope that you will keep looking forward with us.

Sincerely,

Tony Kim, President

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
  • No, I have not seen your cat :)
Re: Letter to Korider from HYO President!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »

Hopefully all that is proclaimed will come true. Write back and tell him to register on Korider! Then we can get his Aussie counterpart and get them sorted out also  ;)

alphamerik

• classic
  • Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »

Seems like a reasonable enough letter.  Even if the company were in the midst of death throes do you expect for them to advertise that?  In fact it surprises me that they acknowledge that there are stock issues and working on resolving it, good for them!  The market may be tough but people who already own and ride Hyosungs shouldn't have to suffer from that.  At least they try to adjust to the market rather than pretending nothing is happening and driving themselves into the ground.  Keep on keepin' on!
just my 2¢
My pistons go 3e10m/s, my sparks are measured in gigawatts, and my oil is made from the dried tears of newbs.

EbAgS

• BrUnSwIcK wEsT. aUsTrAlIa.
  • Grinding the pipes
  • For some it's therapy, the rest it's motorcycles.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »

I agree with you Alpha.

It dawned on me last night, engaged in conversation with BradCCM, what bike could you possibly ride that would allow you direct conversation with the guys that race and develop them, and you recieve letters ( albeit not directly but still ), from one of the companys Presidents.

If you can name any, it wont be a very long list.

BradCCM

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »

This letter was not written as "PR" to the general public, but specifically to Korider and the Hyosung owners involved in the forum.  The president is not a member of Korider, so he asked me to post it for him, which I was happy to do.  It was written to inform Korider that HYO is NOT going out of business, is taking care of warranty work, and is sending ordered parts to their dealers in as timely a manner as possible .  I would suggest that if you, as an owner, are waiting for warranty work to be completed or have been told Hyo is not honoring warranty work, you should ask your dealer for a warranty claim # to ensure the claim was indeed filed.  If you have a part on order or tried to order a part from a dealer and they have told you they cannot get it, you need to question them...  Is it on backorder?  Was it ordered?  Did Hyo receive the order?  Is the order on HOLD for some reason?  Manufacturers suffer from dealers who are not getting the job done.  Negative word of mouth spreads 10X faster than positive praise for a dealer doing a good job.

If a dealer is having a legitimate problem, Hyo needs to know about it so they can fix it. They have made huge strides forward in 2009 under their new president, Tony Kim.  It may be quiet from them, but it is quiet throughout the entire industry.  NO manufacturer is without their problems.  We are seeing 2008 R1's with gauges and body work breaking, Honda F1,2,3,4, with bad cam chain tensioners and rectifiers, VFR melting the clip to the front headlight and gauges, GSXRs snapping frames, Kaw KLR with the tensioner arm (dohicky) that has been talked about and never fixed for over 20 years, Yam Varago with starter clutch issues, Honda GL1800 with 20 or so recalls, 2008 recall for the Kaw EX250 on the wiring harness for the rear brakes. Honda XR650 with bad CDI boxes.  From 2000 to 2005 all Japanese manufacturers 450 dirt bikes were dropping valves... oh and on 250 and 450 dirt bikes don't stall the engine or have it shut down cause it will not start if it is hot,  My 2001 GSXR 600 that I raced had every electrical component replaced.  Even Veserha could not figure out what was going on with it.

HYO is certainly not problem-free either, as the letter states.  But they are willing to work on finding solutions to remedy any ongoing problems.  I appreciate Mr. Kim taking the time to write a straight forward letter to Korider.  I believe they have a solid product worthy of praise, and a bright future in the U.S. once we get past this nightmare economy.

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 11:25:06 PM »

Well put Brad,

I was angry at my dealer, but the apology came, and that is mostly what I cared about.
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

RckStrGtr

• Grinding the pipes
  • Hyosung Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 01:48:53 AM »

Hyosung aint going nowhere its probably your dealer trying to make a little more money by telling you hyosung is going under so you will look into purchasing one of their main line bikes.

Most dealerships are full of people that dont know shit. if you really want to know something its best to talk to the people in the back that actually do stuff for a living. But don't be a bother to them because it can be annoying having someone back there in the back while your trying to work on something. Technicaly your not supposed to be back there but we allow certain people back there because they know to stay out of the way and have usually spent alot of money with us, $50,000-$80,000, Me personally i have spent $20,000 in the shop that i work in, over the last 2 years and its all paid off. I am about to spend another $5800.   

i checked my dealer account on hyosung and there is no news to the dealers.

If they fail then they fail if they dont then they dont. My bike runs just fine and if it comes down too it i will get enough stock to hold me over for a while.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:37:55 PM by newbymick »
"Carefull I am a Racist"
"This Aint Mother F@#!ing Checkers, This Is Chess Fool"
"You Really Are That Stupid"
"Bum Asked Me For Change, I Told Him To Go See Obama For Change"

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »

Sticky'd this thread - it deserves it

Nice one Brad

Charus

"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid."
    Jules Feiffer

I see my Hyo for what it is, the dealer for who they are and the importers for what they do - I'm happy  ;) ;)
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

BradCCM

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »

Thanks!  ;D 

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 01:17:02 AM »

Brad, I appreciate what you did, I found the letter to be informative, and I am glad he wrote it, at least he knows we are here.

Thanks

krakum1967
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8