• October 18, 2017, 02:51:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Letter to Korider from HYO President!  (Read 17863 times)

BradCCM

Re: Letter to Korider from HYO President!
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »

With the best will in the world and not to belittle him, Brad's just a dealer that races, he doesn't run Hyosung's Motogp team for chrissake's... Have a look and any one make forum and you'll find find plenty of others that race their bikes...so actually the list is pretty long...

No disrespect taken...  ;D  There are a ton of people out there that know a lot more than me! I still learn something new every time I go to the track, learning never stops!!! Im just trying to get good information to people.  ;D

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

zoran

• Forum Addict
  • the older I get, the faster I was
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 05:48:38 PM »

With the best will in the world and not to belittle him, Brad's just a dealer that races, he doesn't run Hyosung's Motogp team for chrissake's... Have a look and any one make forum and you'll find find plenty of others that race their bikes...so actually the list is pretty long...

Stigger, you're quite right that there are many amateur racers or dealership teams.

However, most of them have all kinds of aftermarket/performance parts available, downloadable injection maps etc. Brad is doing his own development as he goes and deserves recognition for that.
life is too important to be taken seriously...

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 09:33:08 PM »

Second that Zoran -

99% of the blokes out there racing are on their own.  Paying their way onto track, using mates rates for spannering and tuning.  Begging, borrowing (draw the line at stealing - I believe racers are above that) and asking for help.  They turn up at meetings with a battered van, worn leathers and 2nd hand tyres at every meeting.

The best way to support these hero of the asphalt is to get to the race meeting and showing your support by buying a ticket and a program.  Take a walk around the pits and the tent city and take some photos. 

There are so many meetings this time of year and more in your area than you think.  So come on - so your support and love of racing.  Get to a race meeting and have a great day out

BTW - Thundersport GB - Brands Hatch 29th-31st August,  Best racing this side of the BSB  :D ;D
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

BradCCM

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »

Thanks Guys!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I definitely started out with the beat up van, leathers and used tires! I will post pics when I get to my other computer of it!

Racing the Hyo I stepped up to represent the bike.  My new rider has all new gear and goes through 2 sets of tires every weekend! All of us that are racing the bike get looked at and lauphed at sometimes like we shouldent be there! They are just scared of being beat by the bike in my eyes! And after winning the class with WERA they should be!

I might have payments for ever but...

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=13595.0

Show up to represent!

BradCCM

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »

My first race wagon!   :)  It got the job done!!!

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 10:22:08 PM »

Nice, now that racing weather, woohoo Artic Cat
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

zoran

• Forum Addict
  • the older I get, the faster I was
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 11:26:53 PM »

Nice, now that racing weather, woohoo Artic Cat

Hahaha, Kraig - I used to race a Pantera 5000. On Kuskokwim and Hangar Lake - Bethel, AK...
life is too important to be taken seriously...

BradCCM

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 02:16:09 AM »

LOL!! I hated living their! Since i am from a CA with average temp of 80 degrees!  I remember traving 1500 to 2000 miles for track days! Lived in Erie PA going to track days in Florida, Alabama, and So. Carolina  ;D  That was not a good vehicle for snow and ice either! But it got the job done...  ;D  I remember going to a track day that they said that it might snow.  Me being a CA man I emailed them and asked what tires they run when its snowing? Like soft rain tires or something?  Needless to say I got a lot of crap and people laughing when they pointed me out in the riders meeting for asking the question.  Then he said they wouldn't run when its snowing and asked if Im crazy!  I said I didnt care how cold it was! It had been 2mo since I had been on a bike and I  just wanted to ride! LOL  In the long run I ended up being a coach for them, Team Promotion, on the east coast.  Great group of people.  ;D

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 04:34:06 AM »

Hey Zoran you ever here of the Alcan 200?  Used to run the Haines Junction Highway from Mile 40 of the haines Highway, to Haines Junction and back, up over the pass and back, ran an El Tigre 440, and god this dates me, A mercury SnoTwister (3 cylinder lc 2 stroke 440) won that race for my stepdad, man that rail was f***ing fast, he could do 140 on that sled as god is my witness....

I also used to run a Artic Cat 250Z in the oval track races, good times man, good times....god what ever took you to Bethel....that is a way out there that is for sure...guess it cant be too bad, my grandpa lievd on Attu after the war for 5 years, said it was the best place he ever lived, no neighbors
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

psychedelic

• Forum Addict
  • Hyosung's first bagger
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »

To Tony from a comitted Owner of an 04 Hyosung GV 250.
Dear Sir,
Thank You for the time you have used to write us. It dose our harts good to know that some one at Hyosung USA is still running the show. Glad to hear that your plans include sticking around.

Seen the parts After sales catalog on your web site. (its not good) Your floks need to work on pictures. Thay are eather not there or are drawings. Not conduseive for sales... Also your prices seam to be a bit high. a side thought. Our bikes are worth more in parts than as a hole.
But any ways I diegress.
I was wondering sence you have opened up a little bit. I was wondering. More like pleading even begging. Could you please let anther cat out of the bag?
Sir when if ever will HYOSUNG relise the 1000 or 1200cc bikes or is this the only market share your intrusted in. Not to say its a bad thing but I was and some of us other riders where just wondering?
I ve waited sence 08. To see the next gen of Hyosung. Revamping the sport bike line was and is a nessary thing. Better looks means better sales, nothing wrong with that.
But False starts and just plain prayers. will not keep us holding our colitve breaths forever.
I would love to spend my hard earned money on anther HYOSUNG. But I am only human and want and need a larger Bike. Yes I ve seen the GV 650 and at one point had considered it as my next bike but after a wile I got over it. Maily becuse I rode the wifes Savage 650 and was sorely disapointed.
I started and stoped looking at my next bike more times than I can count. But Sir I think I ve found it and its NOT A HYOSUNG. Sorry to say that. So before I run out and buy the next bike could you please let me know if I am waiting for you for nothing OR have I invested the time of waiting hoping and holding my breath correctly...
As an after thought.
 My bike is a HYOSUNG GV 250 I ve added a Fairing and Hard Bags Repainted to Daytona Yellow. I ll just show ya.

You dont have to like it. But its for the best

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8