• December 18, 2017, 06:09:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to remove the back rest?  (Read 743 times)

Oidestdroid

• Training Wheels
How to remove the back rest?
« on: September 17, 2009, 12:22:22 AM »

:-[ Can someone help me in how to remove the back rest on my GV650EFI? I've looked into it but can't seem to be able to remove the left hand and right hand pillions! If I need to remove them! I'm very much a novice at this so all the help anyone can give would be much appreciated.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
Re: How to remove the back rest?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 01:17:45 AM »

They should be bolted in through the fender struts. (Those chrome or black arrow shaped pieces of metal on the outside of the fenders).  There are two bolts that go into each strut (14mm Wrench)  remove the bolts from the struts on the left and right side, remove the struts, and you should be good to go.  Place the struts back on and put the bolts back in from the inside of the fender to replace the fender struts. Reach under the fender, and you should be able to feel the bolts as they are at each end of the fender strut, hope this helps
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 01:19:45 AM by krakum1967 »
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

Oidestdroid

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »

They should be bolted in through the fender struts. (Those chrome or black arrow shaped pieces of metal on the outside of the fenders).  There are two bolts that go into each strut (14mm Wrench)  remove the bolts from the struts on the left and right side, remove the struts, and you should be good to go.  Place the struts back on and put the bolts back in from the inside of the fender to replace the fender struts. Reach under the fender, and you should be able to feel the bolts as they are at each end of the fender strut, hope this helps

Thanks Krakum I'll have another go at it. This makes sense I never thought to reach under the fender for bolts...it all makes sense now!  :-[ Cheers.

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 01:52:08 AM »

No worries, I have been doing a lot of work with them with making my own saddlebag mounts, so I have it down by heart, I can pull them in lime 2 seconds now.  Hope that was helpful
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

Oidestdroid

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »

Cheers krakum back rest off.....looking the business now. ;D

Pages: [1]