• October 21, 2017, 12:16:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Carbon Fiber exhaust  (Read 18886 times)

BradCCM

Re: Carbon Fiber exhaust
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 12:29:00 AM »

i run a pipemaster can wicked note to it no issues , wanted to ask Bradccm what shock you got on your bike couldnt make it out as i think this is my next change

We run the race the race tech shocks. Here are the shocks that we offer. :) We did run the Ohlins for a while, but since we are a race tech service center we decided to work with them and made some shocks for the gt650 and the gv650. :)

http://www.ccmechanics.com/catalog_items.asp?pagenum=1&uTotalRecords=&uLimitPartName=&uLimitPartNumber=&cat=3594-64197-70564-70567&imgview=y

Link is now a dead end
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 06:45:12 PM by newbymick »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

ronsha

• Training Wheels
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »

increase main jets size and put a straight thru pipe on

Akarui

• Noob Extraordinare
  • Regular rider
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »

I know you didn't ask but IMHO the Black simply looks better than the CF and being from the same company. I'm sure the tone is very very similar.

redridinghood

• Learner rider
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »

if we use shorter mufler like this will it affecting our performance? if it does means no more top speed ?

jmann

• Learner rider
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 12:33:21 AM »

Guess I will chime in with my experience with Carbon exhausts with my GT650
I had a screamin demon CF exhaust for three months before I had a large burn circle on the top near the clamp that holds the pipe.
The guys at Screamin Demon sent me a new exhaust for free stating there were issues with the CF wrap.
 After 6 months on the new exhaust the same thing happened, I never had it replaced since I put the stock one back on.

woody101088

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 03:47:07 AM »

MY CF scorpion also started to burn and look awkward.
Contacted Scorpion and got a new Titanium PIPE!!! FOR FREE and i still have my CF can.. I'm probably going to cut and shorten it and make it into a slip on for my buddies R6
09 GV650 - ZX6R master cyl, EBC pads, 4POT calipers
08 GT650 - parting out PM for parts. Runs great no issues

dcheripka

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »

Figured it was time to chime in again........18K miles and my 2 Brothers carbon slip on still looks and sounds like new.

makenzie71

• Regular rider
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »

For the sake of my opinion...to the OP, anyway:  Leo Vance targets low displacement superbikes.  They use thin, very light weaves.  I really wouldn't put them on anything.

I ran Two Bros. and Shotgun carbon fiber exhausts on my TL1000 and never had an issue...and that's a bike whose pulses were hitting nearly twice as hard as the GT's.  The 2-bros pipes were gutted, as well, and held up.
2005 GT650R

Delkevic SS70, Galfer SS lines, '01 GSXR6 master cylinder

runeitemine

• Learner rider
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 03:35:27 PM »

i have a yoshi rs3 carbon fiber system and have for almost three years with no trouble...
could it just be the slip ons?

blackpc

• Training Wheels
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 01:53:22 AM »

Hi guys, not sure if hyo marketed in somewhere else but here in malaysia, we have the Naza Blade (Hyosung GTR) TBR Edition. Bike rolls out of factory with Two Bro's black series CF can, steel braided brake hose and special tbr stickers.

Yes, we already had some problems with the exhaust. A friend of mine had his replaced twice under 10k km. The can seems to rip at the rivets. Most owners are already furious with Naza, and they are demanding the titanium (or even the SS) version for replacement.

What worries most owners is, what happens after 10k km? will Naza still replace it? With scarce number of authorised dealers available, it is even worrying for new owners staying far from the capital city.

As for me, I've the 2013 gt650r running with Ixil CF for almost 8k km...looking good at the moment. Crossing my finger it would last until 20k km at least before it needs repacking.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5