• July 16, 2019, 12:06:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68

Author Topic: The fix for your GT650 charging issues  (Read 164902 times)

DATaylor

• Training Wheels
Re: The fix for your GT650 charging issues
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:56 AM »

Thanks to all for this post.......I know what I am testing this weekend!!!!

That being said, I get no flickering of lights, no sputtering or stalling when driving.  It just seems that every 2 weeks it won't start.  Put a charger on the battery for a short period and I am good to go for a few more weeks.  Battery is fully charged and less then 1 year old.

A

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

djd2211

• Learner rider
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »

hi have done the job yesterday it works thanks for this post because was having charging problems if any one else do this mod dontt forget to fuse the wire

djd2211
GT 650 shorty pipe
naked all black
rejetted ASI block off
Street Monster

jcdomini

• Regular rider
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 04:20:21 AM »

If anyone is having trouble finding a MOSFET regulator, I found a brand new third-party MOSFET regulator designed for the 2007 Yamaha R1 here: http://www.ragingmoto.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=14043

Just select the correct model - I believe the price is about $143 with free shipping, and they're very nice folks there!  It's the same people as ragingparts (who stock hyo parts), but in a different name.

TLTCR

• Regular rider
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:40 AM »

i had some weak charging issues with my GT650.  this fix was exactly the fix i used. i am a motorcycle mechanic and i work at a hyosung dealer in florida so i deal with all sorts of problems on a daily basis.  very easy to do. the pic shows it all. there was over a 2vdc drop in the harness between the reg/rectifyer and the battery. charging was around 12.3 at idle and then 12 when reving(yes it went down) . now its 13 at idle and 14.5 reving.  
Professional motorcycle technician
currently employed at a hyosung dealer
own and extensively modifying a GT650
(stay tuned for dual exhaust, cams, raise compression, and head porting) if i ever have time...

jcdomini

• Regular rider
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 04:09:26 AM »

I replaced my regulator, as it was fried, and put in a nice '07 Yamaha R1 Mosfet regulator (same as I linked to two posts above).  I'm now getting in-spec readings on the battery for charging etc.

Should I still do the wiring mod or will it be alright as is? I'm worried as to how the harness will handle this increased voltage since people have been having issues with it - I'd hate to have the bike erupt in an electrical fire on the interstate!  :P

TLTCR

• Regular rider
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2010, 02:26:44 AM »

it is posible that you will never have a problem or you may burn up tomarow.  i know that the wire harness on my bike was warm to the touch before the mod and now it has no temperature increase.  its also posible that we are suffering from different issues. there was deffinetly some voltage drops happening within my harness that where causing the reg/rec to freak out and undercharge when reving.  the bike actualy would be dead after long trips but would be fine if left sitting and idling.
Professional motorcycle technician
currently employed at a hyosung dealer
own and extensively modifying a GT650
(stay tuned for dual exhaust, cams, raise compression, and head porting) if i ever have time...

bucketchem

• Learner rider
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »

I have got a few PMs asking how to fit up the larger Yami R1 rec/reg.

I cut some 1mm metal to size. bolted it to the original regulator mounting point and bolt on the new regulator. It was a snug fit. I don't think it looks too out of place, and there is plenty of ar flow for the bigger regulator :)

Poulsen8r

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 12:49:13 AM »

Oh no, You beat me. I picked up a FH010 off a ZX14 on eBay a few days ago and I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Looks great, and I bet it beats the crap out of the stock reg for charging. At least now I know I need to go and get a bit of metal plate to mount it on. I was hoping it would fit on the stock bolts but as always it's never that easy...
2008 GT650 Project

trailridingman

• Regular rider
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »

i just did this update. very easy, just need a inline fuse, a little wire, a scotch block, and a 1/4" crimp eye. my headlight actually holds a steady beam for once, charging is up a bit. this is a great thread.
2007 UM v2s-650 Naked.
LC Jet Kit
Custom Short Can
AIS Block-Off
Lowered 1.5 inches

ronsha

• Training Wheels
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »

i had the same problem with battery not charging, replaced battery and still did not charge properly

after checking CDI unit and alternator started checking wiring, eventually opened the wiring loom and found that the crimps connecting about half way beneath the tank in the loom were dodgy and some wires not connected properly or burnt out of the crimp, took me about 6 months to resolve this problem, no luck trying to get Hyosung involved as the warranty period had run out!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 68