• December 18, 2017, 11:22:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]

Author Topic: The fix for your GT650 charging issues  (Read 131066 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: The fix for your GT650 charging issues
« Reply #660 on: February 21, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »

You do not have to splice any wire, if you don't want to.

A pair of wires from reg/rec to battery, then another pair from the battery back to the stock connection on the harness.

Zero cutting of wires.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Ghost_Ninja

• Training Wheels
« Reply #661 on: March 01, 2017, 12:26:03 PM »

Aight I just finished doing all this and although this is definitely not a step by step fix guide.... I'm hoping it helps a bit. I'm gonna write this under the assumption you read enough of this thread to kinda know what you need to do...as that's how I went into it.

The new parts I needed were...  Stator $120 from Ebay
Rectifier $85 Ebay,
Rear Ignition coil $43 Ebay, be careful if you's need these, it stated it was for my GTR650 but it wasn't, it was way too big.
Another ignition lead from Team Moto ($120 -_- ) instead as I ceebs waiting again.
New Stator Gasket $24 Ebay.
Auto Mechanic 190. I paid for him to help out twice which was a total of 190 but really.....I found out ALL of the information I needed to fix it myself, he was only called in the early stages as I freaked out and just wanted to throw money at people to fix it but turns out you won't want to lol.
Also, 2 cans of paint and other cleaning stuff was $20
so total cost was like $600....but I think it SHOULD be about 350 - 400 tops (excluding paint)

Apart from the mechanics deducing skills, I did all of the work myself witha friend who helped me with a few things including removing the tank disassembling and painting. I recommend have decent tools as some bolts are softer and become hard to get off, a towel you dont care about due to fuel spillage if/when removing the tank and other general gunk around the chain and inside the stator cap and front chain area cover.

If you need to take the tank off to swap ignition coil, when you undo the Fuel line 1/3 connections under the tank (has a BLUE cap), be ready, or, run it dry first, or have towels lol.
The stator removal is pretty straight forward, just a bunch of bolts and 2 longer ones that you can put aside, it's putting it back in that's the hard bit. I cleaned the shit out of under here. Used alot of degreaser. The result is great, I have minimal gunk on the underneath of my bike now and although you can't see it all, it's the small things that count. The stator acts as a big magnet and it's very fiddly to put it back in WHILST trying to have the gasket in the right position. I struggled with this, you may not though.

There are video's for this on the tubes so have a look, and if you end up in dire straights, I'll find them again if you ask as KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! I watched a few pretty helpful video's and there's 2 manuals online that helped me with general maintenance. I serviced her myself in the downtime and also just for fun and out of f@#$ing boredom, I removed all the silver bits of the bike and painted them black :)  also used a   load of degreaser in between the frames...It had so much gunk in it it would pass for a large dogs fecies.

So I only just put it back together, I haven't checked the resistances yet BUT so far, little amount of heat coming off the wiring area but not at all to be worried about. I am getting smoking issues around the pipe in front of exhaust (downpipe? idk) but I'm thinking that's from the fuel / degreaser, will test. I haven't spliced the red wire back in or added a new one to go back in to the harness...it's pretty much stock again and they are all fresh connections, except for one that runs to the back of the bike with the blue and green wires. This one was still a little burnt but ok. I retaped that connector so it wasn't loose and bam. Also I used original parts so no cutting of the plastic was required...however, I would probably recommend the upgrade to that MOSFET rectifier as was mentioned by UMOP.
ALAS! Now its pretty nice looking with only one screw missing after putting it back together hahaa.

So it took allum keys, ratchets and screwdrivers, a lot of research, youtubes, a lot of frustration, tiiiiiiiiiime, so then you need patience...which I suck at, hence the epic frustration. Anyway, study up, decide on the parts you need, read page 66 for UMOP's post, and go for it.

P.s.  I have only had this bike for 6 months plus the 2 it was off the road. it's killed me not being able to ride it but now, it's a really good thing that I can say I did (moooostly) myself. Makes me feel like I'm finally not a noobie on bikes which is good.

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/tealebot101/The%20Beast/story

here's those manuals
http://www.hyosung.com.au/downloads/manuals/GT250.pdf
http://www.hyosung.com.au/about-hyosung/owners-manual/

UPDATE--

Soooo I left this at my computer before gym lol.....Bit excited.... I rode it to gym and there was minimal smoke coming from the pipes Now I just need to charge the battery overnight as I've been jump starting it today. OH MY GOD I'VE MISSED THE SOOOOUND!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:48:51 PM by Ghost_Ninja »

Rezzy

• Training Wheels
« Reply #662 on: March 18, 2017, 12:45:59 PM »

Finally got some break in this shitty Sydney weather to get to RR and the plug that was once clear is almost black from all the burning it's had . I've looked for the mofset kit from eBay and there is 2 that looks exact same $90 Inc postage from us or $160. Anyway to tell the difference? Don't wanna pay $70 extra for nothing is all

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #663 on: March 19, 2017, 08:31:25 AM »

Would not be genuine Shindengen.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Rezzy

• Training Wheels
« Reply #664 on: March 19, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »

Yeah that's what I thought too. Went with the kit from http://www.roadstercycle.com emailed jack and he was quite helpful. Will be here in a week and I get my license this weekend :-)

fredrikrosen

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #665 on: June 09, 2017, 03:28:09 PM »

Is it a must to have a fuse between the Mosfet rectifier and the battery? I did notice mine has not.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #666 on: June 09, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »

fred,

Yeah, it's a must for any device connected directly to the battery.

almiester3

• Training Wheels
« Reply #667 on: August 31, 2017, 11:40:33 PM »

do have a pic of the work

ariffmusa

• Training Wheels
« Reply #668 on: November 24, 2017, 06:48:35 AM »

hi there!
just wanna say thank you so much (terima kasih banyak!) to usmcobra for such a life saving of my gt650r charging issues.
little intro of my bike.
gt650r delphi efi 2013.
before the fix my bike show voltage drop as rpm increases,stutter engine response when in low rpm,occasionally rpm low or too high in idle(no problem with isc) and so on.
i went to local big bike shop and have been told that my stator went out,my rectifier went out,bla bla went out.
just browsing in the internet looking for the remedies of my bike's problem and stumble to this thread. done the sistering wire of the VR and changed stator to VR connection.
and the result are, instant throttle response, rock solid idle and importantly, voltage when idle 13.5v and tops at 14.5v!
thank you so much to usmcobra and all members that comment on this thread and thanks to the korider.com forum for having this wonderful,helpful forum to all hyosung rider.

till then,safe ride always.
ariff musa
malaysia
24/11/2017

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]