• December 18, 2017, 11:23:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Disconnecting the side stand switch (GT650)  (Read 11279 times)

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
Disconnecting the side stand switch (GT650)
« on: January 03, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »

This has been asked for as a sticky.  Don't know if it relates to the 125 and 250's though

Remove the seat

Locate the wiring coming from the switch.  Follow it up to a connector block that is under the seat.

Disconnect the block.  Your looking for Brown and Black/White male to Grey and Black/White female connector block

Snip the Grey and black/white wire and connect these together (or make up a connecting loop)

- NO MORE SIDE STAND INTERLOCK -

"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Opty

• Spanish and
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Disconnecting the side stand switch (GT650)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »

Very useful information
Click below to see more pics

paddyn

• Maidstone, Kent, UK
  • Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:23 PM »

I just simply got the switch near the side stand, cut it off and twisted the wires, hot glue gun and cable tie :P
08 GT125 - SV650 K&N Air Filter - Scorpion stainless straight thru exhaust - EBC brakes - ContiSport Attack 110/70-17 and 150/70-17 AMAZING TYRES! - RST Moto jacket and leather bottoms :)

Scotchbo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »

This is such a great piece on information, i did it this excact way and it worked out perfect,

I started by removing the seat, unbolting the censor on the actual side stand and followed the cable right to the connector, pulled on the cable slightly to make sure its the right one, snipped the connector block of the main censor cable and gently pulled it through the bike to completely remove the censor and cable, went back to the connector block twisted the remaining 2 cables together, electrical taped it up and screwed a dead end connector on to it. Now it fires up for me on the stand :D

Great Job NewbyMick a very handy DIY

hoffmeister

• Learner rider
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »

This has been asked for as a sticky.  Don't know if it relates to the 125 and 250's though

Remove the seat

Locate the wiring coming from the switch.  Follow it up to a connector block that is under the seat.

Disconnect the block.  Your looking for Brown and Black/White male to Grey and Black/White female connector block

Snip the Grey and black/white wire and connect these together (or make up a connecting loop)

- NO MORE SIDE STAND INTERLOCK -

[/quote

I've now been caught out by this problem...
Being a complete numpty when it comes to anything to do with electrics(!) is this easy to carry out?
The grey and black/white wires are both out of the female block?
And where will I find the switch?

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:59:16 PM »

Very simple job to do.

Grey and black/white wire - yes female male side of he block

The switch is on the sidestand bracket.  Look for a square box, covered in shit and with wires coming out of it.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:13:32 PM by newbymick »
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

hoffmeister

• Learner rider
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »

Daughter is going to shout at me as I'm using her laptop for the instructions.

I've found the switch and traced the wire back but cannot find where the block is... Is it on the left side of the bike?
It's all very tight for space and with my jumbo sausage-like fingers(!) it is difficult!!

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »

As you sit on the bike - left side between the battery and the side rail of the sub frame.  Look for the loom and the the 2 wires coming from it
Jerry Garcia

hoffmeister

• Learner rider
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »

ALL SORTED!!!

Thanks Mick...

As I said before Electrics and me don't go together. In the end I used PADDYN's idea to remove at the switch end...
Couldn't get at the wires at the other end... All fingers and thumbs!!!

Now I've just got to clean up the little lady's laptop...

... Oh bugger...

... Double bugger!!!

... Any ideas how to get greasy fingerprints off ?? !!!!!!

Scotchbo

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »

All i did mate was take the left side rear fairing off and unbolt the relay closest to the left, i then just gently tugged on the wire to trace which one it was and found the white connector block, i cut the wires on the bike side of the block joined them together bought a little screw on cover to protect it and electrical taped the hell out of it lol Once you get that relay of its easy to trace as mine was tucked behind the relay. I always cringe when cables are left running through a bike with nothing on the other end.

Pages: [1] 2 3