• August 21, 2017, 05:25:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Disconnecting the side stand switch (GT650)  (Read 10879 times)

hoffmeister

• Learner rider
    • http://
Re: Disconnecting the side stand switch (GT650)
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »

All i did mate was take the left side rear fairing off and unbolt the relay closest to the left, i then just gently tugged on the wire to trace which one it was and found the white connector block, i cut the wires on the bike side of the block joined them together bought a little screw on cover to protect it and electrical taped the hell out of it lol Once you get that relay of its easy to trace as mine was tucked behind the relay. I always cringe when cables are left running through a bike with nothing on the other end.

Yeah... I'll probably look into doing the job properly later on...
"She who must be obeyed" has broken her foot so I'd gone home at lunchtime to check on her. I was just heading back to work when the bike starting playing up so I turned back for home... My 1/2-hour lunch break ended up being about 2 hours! Now I just have to make the time up :(

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

650Comet

• Regular rider
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »

Hey. Head up for anyone with an EFI model.

The sidestand plug is Brown - Black/White from the sidestand to a GREEN/RED - black/white plug. Which is a different colour to a carb model.

hyosungary

• Learner rider
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

My son was looking at trading in his gt250r on anotherbike  and the dealer advised him that he had to get the side stand switch re connected otherwise his bike is un roadworthy and they would not accept it as a trade until the switch was fixed, also his insurance company may not pay out fully if he has an accident as technically the bike is not roadworthy.
My son is not going to take the chance that the dealer is wrong and is going to get the switch reconnected
mum always said watch out for bugs and bumper bars

darren79

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »

Harden up princesses!
Last night at 9pm, in the dark on a freeway on-ramp I had to find and connect the Brown and Black/White wire .....
My side stand switch had rusted\rotted away and dropped off. I think the former owner wrapped a wire round the switch to keep it 'on' ( Hyosungary - the Hyo dealer sold it like that!). Seems like the wire rusted the mounting bolts and the switch body. Agree with all those statements that a dodgy switch causes stalling, lumpy idle, running rough, flat spots etc mine did that for past month, even though its tuned up, nice coils, fat plug leads etc.
GV250 2006......more accessories than that photo!

TRebelo

• Regular rider
Disconnecting the side stand switch (GT650)
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »

Will this work for a kickstand bypass? I just looped the black/white wire with the brown wire and was just going to plug it back into the factory plug

*FYI I have a 2008 GT650R

CurryPuff

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »

It should. I've done a similar thing.

I do not recommend just looping and leaving it though. I've been meaning to put on a new side stand switch.

jakal01

• mao mak mak
  • Learner rider
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 02:30:10 AM »

Was this thread started in response to the bike cutting out due to the faulty switch? I'm on my secong switch and its doing the same thing again. Starting to think its just a shitty Hyosung part.
Dear Anne Frank,
       Two can play at this game.
                                            sincerely,
                                              Waldo

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 05:36:41 PM »

I just bypassed my side stand switch, because I had a couple of 'unexplainable' cut outs, it seemed the most likely fault, especially going into gear at the lights - so far so good, I haven't had it cut out since, and as others have suggested bike seems to be running smoother, less lumpy at low revs.

I know people don't like the blue plastic wire connector/splicers, but you can pop one of these below the connector to join the two wires as a 'trail run' to see that this is the problem before cutting wires and making a more permanent connection.

I must make that more permanent connection...... :o

jakal01

• mao mak mak
  • Learner rider
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 01:11:20 AM »

Well I took it apart today and cleaned the contact inside the switch. Everything seemed to have sufficient spring tension but it was clogged up with road grime. I noticed that the unit was supposed to be "sealed" but there was a small crack where the junk from the road was getting in. If this doesn't fix it then I'll try to splice the wires like described earlier.

My issue with this is that it seems like I'll be buying a new switch every year if I can't find a more permanent fix.
Dear Anne Frank,
       Two can play at this game.
                                            sincerely,
                                              Waldo

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 03:22:50 AM »

Newer switches seem more robust.

Mine is a 2010. SSS has not gone bad yet.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: 1 [2] 3