• August 25, 2019, 12:44:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Having trouble shifting to neutral while the bike is running.  (Read 9167 times)

hyosungrider1981

• Training Wheels
Having trouble shifting to neutral while the bike is running.
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:38:10 AM »

Having trouble shifting to neutral while the bike is running. Bike=gt650r. My problem is it will not shift correctly. The shifter sometimes acts stuck in one gear until I accelerate. The neutral position is impossible to get while running. Anyone else experience similar problems?

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
Re: Having trouble shifting to neutral while the bike is running.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 05:16:20 AM »

I know on the GV's I own the shifters were real sticky, and I could not hit neutral as well.  I would literally have to jerk my foot up to get them into second and third.  This all cleared up after 2000 miles, they loosen up over time.  I was told that the helical gearing setup used by hyo is really tight, and needs to break in.  Unless others have more information, I would tell you to ride it for a while and see what happens, to get into neutral I would slightly relaease the clutch while in first and feel my way into neutral.  Others might be able to help to, mine are pretty broke in now.
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:17:50 PM »

AS the GV uses the same motor as the GT, the finding neutral problem is the same.  Adjust the clutch at the adjuster from the the clutch actuator arm and not at the the handle bar. 

Search "finding neutral" or "The Locko Neutral cure"

Also, idle speed needs to be at around 1800rpm to make finding neutral easy.  My theory is - the isn't enough centrifugal force in the clutch to separate the plates at a lower idle.  Works for me.

Also, replace your clutch thrust bearing at 10,00 miles - makes life easier.

Don't run fully synth oil - I have and have gone back to semi synth (don't give a shit what others say - FS doesn't work for me)

Select neutral when still rolling or select neutral from 2nd gear - it's a gentle tap down when still rolling. 

Mick S   
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

Mike on the Rock

• Forum Addict
  • Mesa Arizone where it nevers snows
    • www.seaies.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »

Hard to get bike into Natural.

1) Bike must be well broken in, 2000k or better.
2) Clutch must be adjusted properly.
3) shift to Natural while bike is still rolling.

4) when all else fails, kill engine, rock bike backwards and shift to 2nd then natural. re-start engine.
Ride safe Mike on the Rock
All my Rides are Naked.

http://seaies.com
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford

Grgic

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
  • Accident waiting to happen...
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »

Following a recent 12000km service, mine is now doing exactly the same thing. Sometimes it is so jammed into first that no amount of pulling up on the lever will get the bike out of first until it is actually moving again. However if I was to turn the engine off, it would slip into neutral easy as pie.
Speeding along a Tuggeranong Parkway near you....

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 03:44:02 AM »

Have youguys been running "car oil" in the bike? The difficult neutral thing is one of the classic symptoms of "car oil" usage in a wet clutch, and the band at which it becomes unale to be adjusted out is too broad..

Only cure .... replace the clutch plates. You can try to wash the gearbox out if its pretty recent contaminationbut otherwise its new plate time.

hyosungrider1981

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:17:13 AM »

No car oil for me. I get my service at the Hyosung Dealer. I think I am falling in the need to break in department. Thanks Guys

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »

That is what fixed mine, it hit my UM, and my Hyosung, they shift great now, I also switched to Lucas Brand Full Synthetic 10 -40 cycle oil, O'reilly sells it by the quart at aroung 9 bucks a jug.  If you aren't running it (or another) now, i would switch, I am going to Amsoild this spring as I distribute it now and get a nice price break on the stuff.

Anywho, I finally saw the pic of the bike, I love that colr scheme, its one of my  favorites, nice bike.

krakum1967
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

Tinwolf

• Training Wheels
    • Tinwolf hi-vis vests that look good
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:58:46 PM »

I  found that my GT250 had a tendency to drop back into neutral from second and there would sometimes be a false neutral between second and third but I found that after a thousand miles or so it`s sorted itself out. I also fiddled with the position of the lever so I have to move my toe up less than originally set up. But sometimes it does seem unwilling to shift up a gear when normally it`s very smooth.

Maybe another thousand miles will sort it   8)
Try a hi-vis vest that actually looks good. www.tinwolf.co.uk
Hyosung GT250
BMW R1150GS (for best)

gw555

• Scraping the pegs
  • 126000km
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 02:33:08 AM »

well after 112000kms mine doesn't stick anymore ;D

actually it freed up at around 45-60000km although I did get it sticking very occasionally

Pages: [1] 2