• April 29, 2017, 04:41:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Hydraulic Clutch kit??  (Read 29479 times)

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
Re: Hydraulic Clutch kit??
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 08:32:14 AM »

Yeah will do. It seems to have the 8mm pull needed and hydraulics being hydraulics that kinda suggests it is perfect for the job  :o ... but we'll see. And if not I think the only thing will be the need to change the master cylinder piston dia. in which case I just go down to the local KTM dealer and buy a new master set.

In the meantime, I just bought another two of those sets  ;D ;D ....... thats a crazy price!!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
  • No, I have not seen your cat :)
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »

Why did you buy more????  :o

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »

Why did you buy more????  :o

Several reasons:

1. cos I'm a nut

2. It really looks the goods and I am pretty sure its going to work. Most of the hassle is in the shape of fittings etc. and I have aready worked out how to fit it, a good sign. As I've said before "Hydraulics are Hydraulics" ...... by which I kinda meant there's only somuch you can do with a closedstatic hydraulic system ... so if the end result works ( 8mm pull ) it really doesn't matter whats in between, the lever has to be working pretty right.

3. I can allways use them elsewhere.

4. All of the above taken into account, especially if it works on the Hyo, I thought " ok I haven't busted a lever in say 30 years ....... but you never know " I figure 3 sets givesme another 90 years which will just about see my riding days over  ;D ;D ;D

5. At about $AU38 per set they are somewhat cheaper than the Magura sets, last time I priced a Magura lever ( just to keep as a spare ) they wanted $90 for it  :o ( just the lever !! ) ..... which kinda explains why I don't break levers  :-X ;D

Actually its a pretty impressive little bit of gear.

Heres the Ebay link if anyone else is interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HYDRAULIC-CLUTCH-LEVER-MASTER-CYLINDER-FOR-PIT-BIKE_W0QQitemZ160398667374QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2558816e6e
though as of yet I have not tested it, if you need this assurance ...... wait a few days, I'm a tad busy just for today and tommorrow ...... as tempted as I am to get out in the shed and fit it .... I musn't  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:54:51 AM by hyowhistled »

iwantmore

• Scraping the pegs
    • Hyosung-GTR
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 10:52:56 AM »

just a thought but aint you gonna have to bypass the clutch cutout switch?

not really a problem, just making sure you know.

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »

;D yeah .... no great loss  ;D ;D

though I must admit I have got used to it.   :-\

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »

;D yeah .... no great loss  ;D ;D

though I must admit I have got used to it.   :-\

I know what ya mean. There's a few times when I've gone to start the bike whilst not sitting on it and its been intentionally left in gear cause of a hill or whatever and I've thought to myself... Whoops! Guess all of the switches are working  :-\

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »

Well the funny thing is I have got so used to pulling the clutch in to start it that I do it on just about every bike now, even the kids quad and thats a semi-auto  ;D ;D ;D

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »

Had a spare moment to try a few things.

1st Thing,

a problem. The hose is just too short .... bummer. But I will go down to the brake joint tommorrow and see if they can make me a longer one or extend/splice the short one.

2nd Thing,

I measured the existing clutch lever pull at the half way point, for both engage and disengage ( pull and let go ), slowly and smoothly to get the diference ( the hysteresis ) which in a cable system is caused mainly by the cable.

when the lever hits the finger take a reading:

with this:

anyway

pull in gives 8kg

let go gives 3 kg

mean 5.5kg pull which is what I should be able to expect with the hydraulic system. So it looks like I'll be getting a saving of about 30%. I think thats a worthwhile reason to go ahead. But still the proof will be in the pudding  when I fit it.

bushpig666

• AKA Sir Super Spunk
  • Grinding the pipes
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »

When quoted on a braided brake line for my bike the local bike place quoted $70 per hose!  :o

Hope you have better luck  :)

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 01:57:08 PM »

Well I fitted it.

Couldn't get the tiny banjos like on the slave so had a guy splice 150mm of steel tube in the line.

Fitted it.

Thats the lever what you pull to make the fluid go down the hose.

Thats the cylinder what accepts the fluid coming down the hose

Thats the roddy thingo that goes into the cylinder that accepts the fluid ......

It was easy to fit, except the stuffing around with the hose was a pain in the arse.

The adjustment to get it right is pretty critical ( but I assume I should have to touch it after that )

The lever isn't great, its a bit wobbly and isn't as good a lever ratio as it should be for a 650.

The engagement point is so definite ( cables must wander heaps cos the hydraulics are so positive in where they operate every time )

Its so smooth. and much more linear feeling than the cable.

The feel around the point of engagement is waaaaaay better than cable.

I will leave it on for a while ( hopefully till I can get the magura stuff ). The rod on this little kit is only about 1.8mm so I think the 2.8mm Magura stuff will last longer on this bike.

And I think the Magura levers have a better ratio

Its been a fun exersize, and I found out heaps. But it works well for something that cost less than a new cable  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:02:55 PM by hyowhistled »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12