• June 25, 2018, 10:53:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Adjusting Idle speed on EFI bike  (Read 54024 times)

Dojy_biker

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Adjusting Idle speed on EFI bike
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2017, 12:57:53 AM »

its been a while and i kinda forgot, but heres proof that a efi really can idle at 1k if set up right:

1.14v 2bolt tps set after throttle body sync , de-Cat'd, widebore twin pipes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_yyWU0xTW0

! No longer available

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:50:16 AM by Dojy_biker »
***Solution looking for a problem***

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »

Any job that requires removing the tank I instantly dismiss, but I saw a video where he just lifted the tank, and reading through this thread I thought this might be a much simpler job than I thought and it wouldn't take that much time. So I went at it, sure enough, as always I get to delay everything because of one bolt, I have torx keys, but it wants a torx key with a hole in it  ??? :-\

When I checked the voltage at first it kept bouncing and not giving me a fixed number, but after I saw the bolt and decided to stop everything I think I saw it say 1.04, that is way off. I checked on the green w/ red and a blue w/ green, didn't look yellow to me.
Climb the ladder of success!

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2018, 08:25:55 PM »

Well,

After a quick scan through this, I may have to adjust my tps. Obviously the GV650's don't have a rev counter, but once mine is fully warm the idle deffo appears too low.

As mine is a 2011, can I assume it's likely the Daewoo ecu and the sweet spot is 1.12v?

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket rev counter to a GV?
2011 GV650

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2018, 03:46:49 AM »

I can't answer your question sid, but what i can say with the tps, hot or cold it doesn't matter, the voltage doesn't change and shouldn't.

On the Daewoo ecu single bolt tps aim for = 1.11-1.13 volts.
other things to check is making sure with both releasing the throttle and gently resting the throttle back to 0 that the tps voltage doesn't change, if you can manipulate it to be anything other than the set 0 throttle voltage, the tps is wacked and wants replacing.

Also tps doesn't change the idle speed, the idle is controlled by the ecu at 1400rpm warm, the ecu will try to correct to this regardless of tps position.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:49:32 AM by LX_SS »

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »

I can't answer your question sid, but what i can say with the tps, hot or cold it doesn't matter, the voltage doesn't change and shouldn't.

On the Daewoo ecu single bolt tps aim for = 1.11-1.13 volts.
other things to check is making sure with both releasing the throttle and gently resting the throttle back to 0 that the tps voltage doesn't change, if you can manipulate it to be anything other than the set 0 throttle voltage, the tps is wacked and wants replacing.

Also tps doesn't change the idle speed, the idle is controlled by the ecu at 1400rpm warm, the ecu will try to correct to this regardless of tps position.

Thanks mate.
I thought I read on here though that the idle was better / faster after the adjustment?
2011 GV650

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2018, 10:40:29 PM »

It effects the idle mixture to a point.
When you plug the diagnostic unit in, you can read everything its doing. The ecu (when bike is warm) always wants to set idle at 1400rpm, thats its target. usually it floats 1380-1450rpm.
When you adjust the tps, the base set where it should be is around 1.11-1.13 volts. when it say reads 1.3 or such as a base its rich therefore idles lower but the ecu will always try and compensate with the idle air control valve changing the steps it operates at. so what happens is say default steps are 90, with 1.3 volts when you come back at idle it goes to 90 steps, still rich lower idle and tries to bump itself up but cant adjust quickly and/or the idle air control valve cant add enough air as its the required air is out of its range and can stall etc...

That's just an example of change in tps voltage. its really not a form to change idle speed on these. they are set prefixes sadly.

Give you an example of what actually happened to me, my old tps was set at 1.11 volts, correct for what it needs to be, idled fine at 1450rpm. When you twist the throttle and let off so it snaps back, tps voltage was 1.11v for idle again. However when you gently let the throttle off(slowly twisting back to 0 throttle) the tps voltage would get stuck between 1.11 and 2.10 volts. so the higher towards 2 volts the richer the idle was, richer the idle was, the lower the idle rpm and therefore stalled out at times because it couldn't compensate.

Thats why its best just setting it to the correct tps voltage. Which for single bolt Daewoo's is 1.11-1.13 volts.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:08:00 AM by LX_SS »

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:26 PM »

Thanks LX.
I'll check mine anyway as I read they are often wrong from the factory?
2011 GV650

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2018, 05:57:22 AM »

Just on the whole hear/say thing. ..I heard that the dealers are asked to set new bikes up to 1.08V and then change it to 1.12V at the 1st service.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2018, 06:16:23 AM »

The Hyosung Pre-Delivery Checklist PDF i have says for the tps to be checked and set to 1.11-1.13v, outside this range to re-calibrate to these specs.

Dojy_biker

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »

if the throttle body buterfly valve "closed" gap is adjusted AND the tps adjusted (after) then the idle speed can be adjusted on mine (mitsubishi ECU)
***Solution looking for a problem***

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]