• April 24, 2017, 02:20:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fitting a AIS block off kit on a 06 GT650 with pictures  (Read 12028 times)

Pom

• Learner rider
Fitting a AIS block off kit on a 06 GT650 with pictures
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:04:29 AM »

Tools you will need:

3/8th or 1/4in driver
   8mm socket
   10mm socket
   12mm socket
   14mm socket
   80mm extension
   300mm extension
   8mm ring spanner
   10mm ring spanner (not shown)
   12mm ring spanner (not shown)
   6mm allen key (long is best)
   200mm flat screwdriver
   Small pliers

Now to take stuff off

1)Take off the seats.
2)Take off the petrol tank. 12mm socket. Disconnect fuel level connection. The two fuel lines. Pull the overflow hose
   out. Make sure you don't lose the front tank rubbers.
3)Take off the air filter box. Screwdriver. The rear mount is easy to see and undo. The front one you have to peer
   under the top frame to see the screw. (Screwdriver showing location). Pull up and disconnect the two breather hoses
   and two AIS hoses.

4)Take off the radiator top up bottle. 10mm socket. Pull it up a bit and use the pliers through the triangle hole of the
   frame to pull the clamp down. Then pull up rather strongly to pull the hose off the bottle. Pull the overflow hose out.

5)Take off the front AIS pipe. 10mm ring spanner. Use pliers to pull off the clamp at end of the pipe and take the hose
   off. Pull the pipe out.

6)Take off the right hand AIS pump. 8mm ring spanner. This is a bit fiddley, you can only turn the bolts a bit at a time.
   But if in good condition, once loosen, you can use your fingers to turn the bolts. Use the pliers to pull off the clamp
   from the small hose and take the hose off. Pull out the pump with the rest of the hoses.

7)Loosen the exhaust system. 14mm socket to disconnect silencer mount. 6mm allen key to disconnect junction box try
   (to get a long allen key). 12mm socket to loosen front exhaust junction. 12mm socket and a extension to loosen the   
   exhaust stub junction, this bolt you can access by going under the rear brake reservoir. I have circled these four 
   bolts. Once loosened, pull the exhaust back till the pipe comes off the exhaust stub.
8)Take off the rear exhaust stub. 12mm ring spanner

9)Take off the rear AIS pipe. 8mm socket and 80mm extension. By squeezing one hand down by the barrel and using the
   other hand to go through the gap above the rear chain, you can get the socket onto the bolts. Use the pliers to
   disconnect the clamp and pull the hose off the pipe

10)Take off the left hand AIS pump. 8mm socket and long extension. 8mm ring spanner. One of the bolts is best
     accessed by coming in from the right hand side. (See picture).You will see a small pipe coming from the front carb
     to the T-Junction of the AIS hoses, use the pliers to disconnect the clamp and pull this pipe off. pull out the pump
     with the rest of the hoses.

Everything off.

Now to put stuff on.

1)Put the blanking plate on the front cylinder. I used the original bolts with spring washers supplied. They also told me
   to use silicon gasket on the plate. See the picture above.

2)I had a short 10mm bolt which I screwed into that small hose from the front carb and put the clamp back.

3)I used one of the hoses from the AIS pumps to plug the two inlet holes on the air filter box. I think I will get a shorter
   hose to make it look more unobtrusive.
4)Put the blanking plate on the rear cylinder. The same as the front.
5)Put the exhaust stub back on.
6)Lift up the exhaust system and pushed it back onto the stub. Bolt the silencer up as a support don't tighten it yet.
  Make sure that the pipe and the front exhaust pipe fits fully onto the system. Fit the allen bolt back, make sure the
  washers are on. By pushing down on the exhaust system you can make sure the pipes are pushed as far in and at the
  same time tighten up the stub bolt and front bolt. Tighten up the allen bolt and lastly the silencer bolt, make sure the
  bracket is fitting in the same place.
7)Put radiator bottle back. This is fiddely as you have to squeeze your finger through the frame and just make the hose
   stable so as to get the pipe started on it. Once started you can wriggle the hose the rest off the way. Connect the
   clamp. Then bolt up the bottle. make sure the overflow hose is unobstructed.
8)Put airbox on. Connect the two breather hoses on. I've found by getting the front carb rubber started then by
   pushing the rear forward and down both rubbers slide on. Make sure they are seated as far down as they will go,
   tighten the screws.
9)Put tank on. Connect the wires and hoses. Make sure the overflow hose is unobstructed.
10)Put seats on.
11)Ride bike.

Ta, John

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Fitting a AIS block off kit on a 06 GT650 with pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 05:42:26 AM »

Just a question is there a rubber mount on the exhaust bracket there, it looks like theres some kind of washery/rubbery thing going on there???

Mine which has actually broken off bolts up solid...

Pom

• Learner rider
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:59:04 AM »

There's a rubber bush on the silencer mount and the mount with the allen bolt.
It might be a good idea to replace the missing one as the idea is to stop vibration which could crack the mount.

Ta, John

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »

Might be why mine broke, couldn't get a piccie could you mine never had one and I can't find it in the parts catalog...

titch

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 06:22:17 PM »

alright i have seen 1 off these kits for my bike could you tell me what it really does as i dont want to invest in something that is going to have any chance off killing my bike cheers :-\

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 12:25:48 AM »

It won't kill it unless you fit it wrong, but it probably won't did it any good either...

titch

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 08:01:58 AM »

ok cheers so waste of time effort and wast of money least that solved that one thanks

hyoholland

• Regular rider
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 07:55:12 PM »

This is to gett off with the after-burner??? I think you can better putt an M10 bolt in the rubber both sides. This will cost a lot of time while doing it.

cruzerjd

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 02:23:32 AM »

No mention of the d@&*ned asbestos  gaskets?  Ruined mine putting the exaust back in.   got no bike till parts arrive

cruzerjd

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 03:32:17 AM »

The only thing i would change is be sure to remove the front header pipe before removing the center collector section to avoid a $40 cost for new exhaust gaskets.  A second set of hands is usefull too, especially in areas that are tight or hard to reach.  Appreciate the walk thru, wifey was wondering where i was going with the laptop when i started.

Pages: [1] 2 3