• June 19, 2018, 09:16:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Another newbie :)  (Read 677 times)

tuftman

• Regular rider
Another newbie :)
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »

Hey all,  2006 GT650RL rider here from Tamworth, Australia

Originally had a red 250R ('07 model) but just found after a year of riding it that whilst fun, its not a great deal of fun at highway speeds so I upgraded about 3 months ago. Apparently the pre '07 models are problematique but I've done 3000km without hassle.

However

I am changing the chain and sprockets soon, and am considering lengthening the gearing (it sits at near enough to 5000rpm @ 100k's)

So, if anyones got advice, been there and done it etc. feel free to share

Cheers

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
Re: Another newbie :)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »

Get the 17T front ( a std Hyo part ) then try that.

I went to 41 on the back, so I am doing 3,300 at 100kph, very much more useful in the New England area  ;)  . I will go 40 or 39 next. But the trouble is I think Chaingang have shut up shop so I wil have the source the rear elsewhere.

I went through Tamworth about 3 weeks ago. Filled up at Quirindi then rode to Armidale then Dorrigo, and on to Kempsey on less than a tank of fuel, ie. got 2.9 L/100km. No coasting just riding on the limit all the way. The 17/41 combo makes it good for fuel economy. Oh but mine is not restricted.

Anyway welcome also.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:40:36 AM by hyowhistled »

tuftman

• Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:50:58 AM »

3300rpm? I'd kill to have my bike at that, given how much torque the motor has its really a shame that it revs so high.
You ridden through Gingers Creek on the 650 yet? I'm killing to but apparently the mountain isn't safe during the winter, moss on the road and such

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »

Gingers Ck !!!! hows the coincidence! I was thinking of going up there then waiting a few hours at Walcha for  mate and travelling down the Thunderbolts Way with him back to the Central coast. But its bad this time of year is it?

HY-044

• Sutherland Shire, NSW Australia
  • Scraping the pegs
  • Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
    • Sam, Archery & Motorcycles
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum tuftman.
Very pleasing to see yet another Hyosung rider joining the 'fastest growing group on the forum', good old Aussies.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ulysses Club Member.
2008 Hyosung GT650SL Tourer (Mango Yellow)
MODS:- DataDotDNA, ResArt Fender Eliminator, LED Indicator Strips, Skidmarx Wheel Hugger, NGK Iridium Plugs, Gold Pazzo Leverset, Shark 100W Audio, Kisan chargeGuard battery monitor.

tuftman

• Regular rider
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »

Gingers Ck !!!! hows the coincidence! I was thinking of going up there then waiting a few hours at Walcha for  mate and travelling down the Thunderbolts Way with him back to the Central coast. But its bad this time of year is it?

Dad(on a Ducati 800SS) and I were talking about it with a few mates, but apparently the road during the winter just gets no sun, and moss grows on it and whatnot. Coupled with rain, not a great idea.

We do the ride to Walcha every 2nd weekend but, its definently worth maybe going through Walcha until you hit the highway then turning back around, its about 40km from memory, nice sweepers to really work on those chicken strips   ;D

Ikon

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »

hi tuftman, any idea what sprockets are on now? my has stock standard and it runs on 4000 rpm at 100 km/h. can't remember what it did when it was restricted, maybe that's why you have higher revs?

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 01:52:40 AM »

Dad(on a Ducati 800SS) and I were talking about it with a few mates, but apparently the road during the winter just gets no sun, and moss grows on it and whatnot. Coupled with rain, not a great idea.

D'oh !!! I have been "mulling" over this O/night, and now it seems like a "red flag to a bull". I'm not a "speed dare" rider, more of a "can I make it safely, no matter what, with no incidents ? rider", and now you have me going! ;D ;D

The Oxley in winter seems an enticement to me  :-\  I am currently arranging mate to meet me Walcha, on his way back from Surfers, probably this Sat. ( ?? )  :-[  :'(

Hey by the way the name "tuftman" is it from the local paddock grass? cos its apt for up that way!  ;D ;D

tuftman

• Regular rider
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »

hi tuftman, any idea what sprockets are on now? my has stock standard and it runs on 4000 rpm at 100 km/h. can't remember what it did when it was restricted, maybe that's why you have higher revs?

I'm not sure(would it say on the sprocket what size it is? not real keen on counting the teeth), the bike had 12,500km on it when I got it, so you'd assume its had the sprockets changed by then right?

D'oh !!! I have been "mulling" over this O/night, and now it seems like a "red flag to a bull". I'm not a "speed dare" rider, more of a "can I make it safely, no matter what, with no incidents ? rider", and now you have me going! ;D ;D

The Oxley in winter seems an enticement to me  :-\  I am currently arranging mate to meet me Walcha, on his way back from Surfers, probably this Sat. ( ?? )  :-[  :'(

Hey by the way the name "tuftman" is it from the local paddock grass? cos its apt for up that way!  ;D ;D

I wanna do it regardless, but from where I live through to Long Flat is 225km, which to me is a long way to go to find the mountain is a horrid thing to be riding on. I went through there twice on my 250R and loved it, so I'd rather keep the experiences good if you get me(fairweather rider, I know)

Actually, my nickname is Tufty, I went to register on another forum with it, and it was taken but 'tuftman' came up as an option and it stuck, so its my name for all forums these days

Pages: [1]