• April 26, 2017, 04:44:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Removing the flat spot - CDI Wire cut walkthrough with photos  (Read 43451 times)

Fernando_pt

• Ride Safe
  • Training Wheels
Re: Removing the flat spot - CDI Wire cut walkthrough with photos
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

Hi guys,

I' m from Portugal, and I had try this mod on my hyo gt250 carby model from 09 but didn't work for me.

The bike:
Portugal Delivered 2009 Hyosung GT250, Carby configuration.
M815 CDI Unit (From Factory) – Imprinted 32900 (on top of CDI Unit).
Instead of green wire, I have a green/white wire (see photos).

So, as you can see, first time I'd unplug the brown conector. I didn't know if the flatspot comes out, because with this configuration i just run a few seconds. I did notice that the fuel pump didn't work (no tack, tack, tack... sound at all!).

I had try a second time with blue wire connected, green/white wire disconnected. Fuel pump didn't work again. I have to quit with this MOD.

Any ideas to improve this mod? Thanks in advance.
(sorry for my english, but is not my mother tongue).
2009 GT 250 Carby
De snorked air filter
Main jets 97,5/97,5
Iridium spark plugs
Ixil Extreme Black Can

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

skinnypimp

• 2009 Hyo GT250R
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2013, 06:10:15 AM »

So, as you can see, first time I'd unplug the brown conector. I didn't know if the flatspot comes out, because with this configuration i just run a few seconds. I did notice that the fuel pump didn't work (no tack, tack, tack... sound at all!).

I had try a second time with blue wire connected, green/white wire disconnected. Fuel pump didn't work again. I have to quit with this MOD.

you people amaze me lol if you read the thread page by page you will learn you CANNOT just unplug the brown connector you have to ONLY disconnect the green wire.. the blue wire is needed for the bike to run! please read whole threads, many people lately are just unpluging the harness... and fuel pump didnt work?? humm thought it was vacuum pump not electric..
Screamin Demon 300B Shorty Exhaust
CDI Mod
Re-Jet [22.5/97.5/100 Mid c-clip]
AIS Blockoff
De-Snorkeled
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Black Windscreen

Fernando_pt

• Ride Safe
  • Training Wheels
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »

I read all posts, and if you draw attention to my post, you' l find that i had try a second time with blue wire connected, but didn´t work again!

By the way, fuel pump it's electric, not vacum, but that it's not a problem, i can find electricity power in a lot of places. I will try later on.

2009 GT 250 Carby
De snorked air filter
Main jets 97,5/97,5
Iridium spark plugs
Ixil Extreme Black Can

Jamwa3

• Learner rider
Removing the flat spot - CDI Wire cut walkthrough with photos
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2013, 03:12:25 AM »

So this mod really works but I just disconnected the brown plug and sealed it but my problem with it is ever since my bike won't start with the headlights switched on :/?? Weird I know! But it's something I can put up with
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:14:29 AM by Jamwa3 »

locomanalex

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • locomanalex' Youtube channel
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2013, 03:22:52 AM »

So this mod really works but I just disconnected the brown plug and sealed it but my problem with it is ever since my bike won't start with the headlights switched on :/?? Weird I know! But it's something I can put up with
depending on your bike year/model and the CDI model in it, the headlights are somehow and for whatever reason routed through the cdi...my bike is a Canadian model so the headlights have to be on all the time and the cdi controls when they come on or off when you hit the starter button and so on
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:24:36 AM by locomanalex »
"To win the race, you have to finish First. To finish First, you First have to Finish the race"

nothingtogain

• Training Wheels
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2013, 03:52:59 AM »

just done this to my aus spec 07 gt250r, actually pulled the brown plug completely and bike still started fine, side stand switch has been bypassed by previous owner ( along with been stripped of fairings and a comet headlamp been put on it think he was going for a street fighter look for some reason ) but anyways works well, good mod if you can do it

Ryan H

• Training Wheels
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2014, 12:29:05 PM »

I'm here in Changwon, South Korea and my '09 GT250R is the same as OP's.  Snipped the green wire (bike will not start without the blue) and taped it off.  Will update after work tomorrow, but instantly after a quick ~2 mile ride I can tell this much:  It starts quicker (used to have to turn it over a couple revolutions, now it instantly fires up at the press of the button), it idles smoother, and low end power is increased overall.  Even if this doesn't fix my original problem (it sometimes hesitates during mid-RPM cruise conditions and then will suddenly become loud and take off hard after giving it more throttle), this wire is staying cut from the other issues it fixed.

maxtryk

• 2008 GT250
  • Learner rider
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2014, 11:06:38 PM »

Ukraine, GT250, 2008. Wire - cut (pulled out), flat spot - gone.

Thanks for the info guys!

hyperbole

• Training Wheels
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »

Same CDI unit as pictured above, 125cc GTR 2007 UK model. Removing brown plug works as the sidestand switch has been bypassed by the previous owner.  This mod worked for me, improved power delivery from 6K all the way to 10-11K. 

DzidzaBG

• Training Wheels
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2015, 02:59:48 PM »

Hi,
I am new to bikes and I am not sure if this refers to the problem that just sometimes is happening to me.
Sometimes at around 5500 rpm it just stops accelerating and starts making strange noise if I twist the throttle, like its receiving more gas but not the air, or opposite (just guessing  :-\ ).
Changing the gear in eater lower or higher speed and its OK, as long as the RPM changes.

So is this guide referring to the problem I have or something else??
Thanks

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]