• October 17, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Removing the flat spot - CDI Wire cut walkthrough with photos  (Read 46086 times)

generalkiva

• Regular rider
  • Hyosung ride to the max! :)
Re: Removing the flat spot - CDI Wire cut walkthrough with photos
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »

My question now...does this effect the spark plug? means that will it go easily turn black?
Please help advise...

Hi! Why it should turn black if the mixture will burn more efficiently in the midrange? There will be no spark pauses and thats all.
I've this wire cut and id didn't affect the plugs.
wow...thanks for the explanation...im kinda noob on this mod :D

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

tommot6

• Learner rider
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 04:53:35 AM »

Im a bit confused what this actually does; I looked on the electrical diagram w little understanding.

Anyone care to elaborate? Thanks.

From what ive read on this forum and some others there are as many as 7 wiring setups for the hyos. depending upon place, year of manufacture ect.

The flat spot has only recently appear on my bike. Im not sure why its just 'appeared' my only guess is that after 25000 kays and a fairly tough life some of the electric sensors or the cdi unit may be suffering from a case of old age.

Caligonetx: if you have a different wiring configuration to mine and you do the mod post some pics to help get some more knowledge into the forum on the subject.

I completely Understand checking other items on the bike. This mod is easily reversible and doesn't cost anything so i gave it a whirl. In the weeks before doing it i had replaced oil and air filters and given the bike a good service. When it was still there i thought I didn't have much to loose.

Are you having issues with the flat spot or are you running smooth?

pauly_adams

• Training Wheels
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 04:47:09 AM »

i just done the wire trick this morning and i must say it did make a huge difference although i done it a bit different. i just disconnected the plug there is no need for cutting the wires as they are the only two wires going to that part of the unit and then you dont need to insulate nor do you need to solder the wires back together if you change your mind.

thanks for the heads up though it made a huge difference.

cheers pauly

motorhedfred

• Regular rider
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 01:36:58 AM »

I couldn't ride today because of injury, but did the CDI mod. I carefully pushed the green/blue wire out of the brown plug with a small scewdriver, slid on a piece of insulation from a 10 gauge wire (didn't have any heat shrink that small), put a dab of RTV silicone in the end to seal it, wrapped it in black electical tape, doubled it back and taped it to the other wire in the brown plug.

Fully reversible without soldering and out of the way.

I couldn't believe how quickly it started. I usually have to mess with choke for the first 30 to 60 seconds to get it started and keep it running. Now the choke seems much more effective and it didn't stall.

Now I just have to wait till the meds are out of my system and I can wrap my hand around the right grip.

B.T.W., My CDI box has the same numbers as the pics in this thread.

MHF
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:38:15 AM by motorhedfred »
W.W.S.M.R.

"what would Steve McQueen ride"

motorhedfred

• Regular rider
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 02:02:13 AM »

I said eff the stitches and took it out today....flat spot gone, much smoother and easier to start. I twisted it's tail pretty hard and revved smooth and sweet all the way to 11k. I could swear it will take full throttle in fifth gear at lower RPMs as well.

MHF
W.W.S.M.R.

"what would Steve McQueen ride"

cgtbrad

• Learner rider
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »

2004 GT250 Naked - USA...  Big flat spot usually only when the bike is cold

My bike doesn't have a wire in this position.  Doesn't have a green wire in this harness either.  There is a blue wire in the same spot as the OP's photo.  There is yellow with a green stripe in the position that is directly above the blue wire in the OP's photo.

Just figured I'd throw it out there!

mchalmers

• Learner rider
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 05:59:29 AM »

Why cut the wires?
Why not just pull out the brown plug?
All The Gear, All The Time

cgtbrad

• Learner rider
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »

The blue wire has to remain connected for the bike to run.   I wouldn't recommend cutting them - someone mentioned this earlier in the thread.   By using a tiny flat blade screwdriver jammed down into the connector (hard to describe) you can push the whole wire and connector out of the brown housing.  Wrap it in e-tape and you're good to go.   This way the mod is reversible back to factory condition.

Why cut the wires?
Why not just pull out the brown plug?

tommot6

• Learner rider
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 11:41:37 AM »

hey everyone.

I cut the wires rather than pulling them out because i wanted the ability to just twist them back together should the noise police come knocking.

Realistically it doesnt matter if you cut, pull chew on or teleport the wire. the main thing is that the electrical connection is broken. As for what you do with the wire its up to you.

I just wanted to get a how to article for everyone who has heard of the mod. And to give clarity to those that have a similar setup.

for you guys with different setups your just going to have to go searching and find the information yourselves.

cgtbrad

• Learner rider
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »

Even though it didn't work for me, I still appreciate the info in your post! 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12