• October 17, 2017, 02:27:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Servicing  (Read 13301 times)

R00T

• Regular rider
  • Kapiti Coast, New Zealand
Re: Servicing
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 03:46:55 AM »

just a quick question, are there service manuals like the one on this thread for the 250? all I can find is owners manuals, and the workshop manual in lots of different pieces that I have to print off and put together, but if anyone knows if there is one put together awesomely like on this thread, please throw me a link, THANKS!

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=17066.0

Posted, and requested a mod to sticky the thread for y'all

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

DavidGT650R

• Regular rider
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:34 AM »

very awesome, good refresher, I got one of these type charts with my owners manual....might have lost my manual though...Ill find it sometime, but good refresher

DavidGT650R

• Regular rider
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:55 AM »

very awesome, good refresher, I got one of these type charts with my owners manual....might have lost my manual though...Ill find it sometime, but good refresher

vanman69

• Regular rider
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »

has anyone got one for a 2010 gt650??

2010 GTR650EFI WHITE&BLACK

• Training Wheels
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 03:09:52 AM »

I have found one Service manual for the GT 650R EFI
Nuno`mf Pires

gints

• Training Wheels
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »

I  have some parts of the 2010 gt650 efi manual, but if anyone has a complete version id be really thankful.

Reganireland (@) gmail

CurryPuff

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 03:39:25 AM »

THere you go...
you want to open the GT650/GV650 efi manual.

http://www.hyosungmotors.hu/download/pdf/data/service-manual

dagyrox

• Learner rider
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 05:01:07 AM »

Owning my first bike. 1 month in, 450 miles.

I've read the manual, but I want to hear your honest opinions and words of wisdom.

What do you recommend dyi maintenance wise?  I read something about lubing chain, but I don't know how or when.  What other things should I be aware of?

Also, it's been rained on once or twice. It's an outside bike, but I use a cover which sometimes I don't put on because I think it's not going to rain, and then it does :-)  crazy FL weather.  So my question here is, anything to worry about?  And that being said, how should I wash my bike?

Thanks.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »

Owning my first bike. 1 month in, 450 miles.

Congrats! If it's a brand new bike, then you should do the first service at circa 600 miles. Expect to see lots of little metal filings on the sump plug. It's magnetic and designed to catch them. Normal, this is how the engines beds itself in.

I've read the manual, but I want to hear your honest opinions and words of wisdom.

What do you recommend dyi maintenance wise?  I read something about lubing chain, but I don't know how or when.  What other things should I be aware of?

Lubing of chain and regular maintenance are the bare minimum. Having a little mechanical sympathy helps. Listen to your bike. Properly listen. Rattles are not normal. Any noise that isn't out the back, is typically something you should think about.

Also, it's been rained on once or twice. It's an outside bike, but I use a cover which sometimes I don't put on because I think it's not going to rain, and then it does :-)  crazy FL weather.  So my question here is, anything to worry about?  And that being said, how should I wash my bike?

Gah! Rain?! Are you crazy?! .. kidding. It's a motorcycle, it's not made of sugar.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

dagyrox

• Learner rider
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 01:25:19 PM »

How should I lube chain?  How do I check if chain needs lubing sooner, due to heavy use or rain?

Pages: 1 [2] 3