• July 25, 2017, 05:37:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Servicing  (Read 13060 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Servicing
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »

A product this good deserves an image this large.

Lube the chain every week, every time it is ridden in the rain, or every 250 miles. Which ever comes first.

The easiest way is to use a rear stand to assist. Put the bike in neutral and spray on lube as you slowly expose new chain by turning the rear wheel.

The cheap way involves finding a bit of flat ground and rolling your bike forward or backward to expose more chain.

Less lube more often = best.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:34:25 PM by DaBigMac »
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

dagyrox

• Learner rider
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »

Sweet.

How about putting it in the battery tender? I've got a low amp tender, 1.5a for 6v n 12v,  how often should I hook it up and can I just use the quick connect in the trunk?

Ss Rider

• Regular rider
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 09:38:47 AM »

Get a (yellow) bottle of 3M chain lube at Walmart or Amazon.  Get a rear wheel stand for your bike. Raise your rear wheel and spray the lubricant on the inside and the outside of the chain, rotating it to get 100% coverage. Do this every 500 miles or so.

The_Phil

• Learner rider
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 08:19:59 AM »

I lube the chain every second fuel tank full. It is unnecessary to spray the outside and can even be detrimental because it will pick up excess grit and dirt from the road. Just spray the rollers in  the middle, thats where all the friction is.

Cleaning the chain can be tedious but a rear wheel stand makes the job a lot easier.
For a quick clean spray some WD40 on a rag and wipe the outside of the chain.
Dont spray it on the chain itself as the WD can affect the o rings of the chain.

If it needs a more serious clean get an empty icecream container, a dish scrubbing brush and some terps/kero/petrol (preference in that order)
give the whole thing a scrub then rub dry with a clean rag.
Use WD40 to wipe down the outside and prevent rust and lube with your preference of chain lube (some motorcycles even recommend the use of motor oil)

A battery tender is a good idea, i wouldnt leave it on all the time but if you are not going to ride it for a week then maybe the night before and leave it overnight.
I have an optimate charger that works at .4a and has an auto switch off so i can leave it on there for a month if i need to.

Pages: 1 2 [3]