• October 17, 2017, 04:47:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hyosung GT250R New Exhaust  (Read 1767 times)

Nomad_Soul

• Learner rider
Hyosung GT250R New Exhaust
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »

Hi, i have been looking for threads regarding exhaust changes, I am going to buy a Screaming Demon MTGP300 and i was wondering if it is better to change the air filter rather then leaving the one from the factory.I also read that most people change it anyways but i was wondering if i don't change it would my exhaust not work how its supposed to work ( like for example it doesn't get enough air flow through it or something like that.

I have to say I'm not very good with mechanical stuff I'm more into Customizing my bike and just ride it hehe :p

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Nomad_Soul

• Learner rider
Re: Hyosung GT250R New Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:49:01 PM »

Also I'm new to this website and this community and i am really happy that i have found this amazing website mainly about Hyosung Bikes , and people who like to Mod their bikes so it would look unique rather looking Common :p

Caligonetx

• FGE Riding; MSRH, TWS, GSS, HMP, HRP
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
  • ForestGnome TourGuide
    • MotoHouston
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »

I always explain it like a human body.

Your mouth is the intake, your digestive system the carb/injection, your "rear" the exhaust.

If you open up the rear without changing the others, not much is accomplished, only so much can be dont in the digestion with the supplied intake.

If you open just the intake, your digestion cant do too much and without exhaust you can choke up your system.

Why do just digestion? Bigger isnt always better if your intake and exhaust doesnt match.

So..... If you open up the front, allow more food in; open up the rear, allow more food out... you'll have to change the digestion w tums or another antacid(lol) to compensate for all the additional flow.

motorhedfred

• Regular rider
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »

Never heard that analogy before Cali....interesting. Nomad, you didn't mention if your bike is carbureted or fuel injected. I can't speak for the FI bike as mine's carbureted, but more air in must be balanced with additional fuel.

Carburetors restrict fuel flow by passing it through a series of calibrated holes. To get the additional fuel needed for the increased airflow, you must increase the size of the holes. DO NOT DRILL THEM BIGGER !!!! Larger jets and raising the needles are the two most common ways of getting additional fuel flow. There are numerous threads dedicated to these subjects.

As for altering the air filter system, I've done several things to improve airflow as have many others. I've not ridden mine after making the changes to get a good feel for it. It's still apart for other mods.

Consider this fact. The same part number airfilter is installed at the factory on both the 250 and 650 bikes. If the factory thinks it's big enough for a 650, it must be big enough for a 250.......I'm just sayin'....I don't mean to rattle anyone's cage because they've invested a lot of time/money/effort on modding the intake...I have as well.

Here's some reading for you.

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=381.0

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=14645.0

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=15578.0

Good luck and welcome to Korider.

MHF
W.W.S.M.R.

"what would Steve McQueen ride"

Nomad_Soul

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 05:40:22 PM »

I think its Fuel Injected (also id like to point out that my Hyosung is a 2010 model

dehning

• Regular rider
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 10:42:37 PM »

Yours (like mine) is fuel injected. I've just ordered a carbon fiber/stainless pipe off ebay that's actually intended for a CBR250, I hope it will be a relatively easy retrofit. I also 'lost' the catalytic converter as I have read that it's terribly restrictive. I'll probably mess with the airbox next, but to answer your question, unless the exhaust you are buying is a full system, then there isn't going to be much increase in flow, so changing your intake filter will probably not have much affect.

CodeMonkey

• I'll pretend I wanna be here.
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • My general photo blog - minus words...
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 04:06:58 AM »

Anyone find a aftermarket airfilter for these efi whoflungdungs?

dehning

• Regular rider
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 05:14:51 AM »

Anyone find a aftermarket airfilter for these efi whoflungdungs?

+1

netbug

• Regular rider
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »

I always explain it like a human body.

Your mouth is the intake, your digestive system the carb/injection, your "rear" the exhaust.

If you open up the rear without changing the others, not much is accomplished, only so much can be dont in the digestion with the supplied intake.

If you open just the intake, your digestion cant do too much and without exhaust you can choke up your system.

Why do just digestion? Bigger isnt always better if your intake and exhaust doesnt match.

So..... If you open up the front, allow more food in; open up the rear, allow more food out... you'll have to change the digestion w tums or another antacid(lol) to compensate for all the additional flow.
This is the most colorful and interesting analogy I have ever read anywhere   ;D ... well done cali

Caligonetx

• FGE Riding; MSRH, TWS, GSS, HMP, HRP
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
  • ForestGnome TourGuide
    • MotoHouston
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »

This is the most colorful and interesting analogy I have ever read anywhere   ;D ... well done cali

Thank you. I find it interesting alot of mild mechanics or tinkering garagers dont look into the specifics on systems and learn how they truly work. Nearly all performance mods on engines bike/car is about getting more air into the engine; supercharging/turbo/cold air intake/Nitrious(3 part oxygen to 1 part nitrogen.) That means ANY modification to the system will change the combustion efficiency.

Consider a cold day when the air is more dense on a carbed bike... closing the choke even when the bike is idling fine with it off at operating temperature will give more power... why? The carbs dont adjust for density of the air only volume. EFI systems can have a manual control by putting a rheostat resister in line w the outside temp sensor.

Pages: [1]