• December 19, 2018, 12:12:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ticking/Rattling - White Smoke - I think I'm screwed  (Read 4624 times)

locomanalex

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • locomanalex' Youtube channel
Re: Ticking/Rattling - White Smoke - I think I'm screwed
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 11:28:53 PM »

i wonder if anyone knows how much for a rebild in your area.  i can get a a tranny for a ford F350 deisel rebuild and installed for about 15-1700$$$ this little engine shouldnt cost more that that.  a used engine would cost what 300-800$$$??? plus labor and no warranty so, in few months down the road you back where you started.

so 800$$$ for labour that your shop is charging and tops 1000$$$ for parts, doesnt sound too bad.  I still wouldnt want to fork out that kind of money but what can you do? have a useless bike?

plus it would be good to know what went on your engine so that we can keep that on check
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:31:19 PM by locomanalex »
"To win the race, you have to finish First. To finish First, you First have to Finish the race"

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Unkillable_thrill

• Training Wheels
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »

so 800$$$ for labour that your shop is charging and tops 1000$$$ for parts, doesnt sound too bad.  I still wouldnt want to fork out that kind of money but what can you do? have a useless bike?

I just spent $3k fixing my car and I owe about $1700 on my bike still, so I'm kind of conflicted.

I can pay off my bike and sell it in the current state for maybe $1000, perhaps a little more.  Or I can spend the money to fix my bike and still owe on it.  I'm tempted to give it a shot myself and see if I can save myself some money.

Anybody happen to know where I can buy a used motor near the SF Bay Area?

masush

• Training Wheels
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 07:21:36 AM »

I know this is old thread.

I have a sameproblem, But slightly different.
the workshop guy added 1 more camchain link (he didn't know the exact link count).. so chaincam was too loose after 200km.. so he put the adjuster out of rearcylinder and told me to push start. while doing this we ****ed up the back exhaust valve. then we gave someone to fix it. (i think it wasnt perfectly done) . nowafter 400km my rear cylinder started to throw smoke. Front is good.. , Engine is fresh, we rebuild it 3 months ago.

I think may be valve is ****ed up? or rear pistol?

Pages: 1 [2]