• June 19, 2018, 09:14:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: RESOLVED - 2010 EFI Hyosung GT650R dramas - RESOLVED  (Read 33842 times)

Ghost_Rider

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
RESOLVED - 2010 EFI Hyosung GT650R dramas - RESOLVED
« on: December 28, 2010, 07:12:44 PM »

Hi all. I'm a new member from Sydney Australia and 2 months ago I purchased a brand new Hyosung GT650RL and from the day I picked it up I have had trouble with it. So when they rang me to tell me to come get my bike I turned up to find out that it was idling too low (around 1000-1050rpm) and it kept on stalling when you gave it a blip on the throttle. They rang hyosung to see if they could adjust the idle speed, which they were told that they couldn't as it was controlled by the ECU so we decided that it could just be because it's was a new bike and they it might sort it's self our after a few k's were on the clock.
Well it didn't, me and a mate installed NGK iridium plugs which seemed to help with the cutting out but that was all, and two weeks later the radiator split on the left hand side tank so it went back for a new one and I told them while it was there that I wanted the idle fixed.
So I came back 2 days later to find a new radiator but the idle was still the same. So I decided to leave it till it's first service. just before it was due for it's first service it started to cut out on me when it was getting a little warm (4 bars on temp gauge instead of usual 3).
It went in for it's first service and they said that they would re-flash the ECU with a updated  map to see if that would bring the idle up but it didnt but it did stop cutting out on me when it got a little hot. Any way so off I went and about 2 weeks later I was approaching a set of lights so I rolled off the throttle and pulled in the clutch and it cut out on me. So I tried to start it but it would start but not idle, I ended up holding the throttle on and slowly letting it off till it was idling at around 900rpm so it was barely running. I took off and gave it a gut full then got to the next lights it was fine then the next set it cut out again then the same at the next set and the next set but each time it getting harder to keep it running till I got home and couldn't get it to idle at all no matter what I tried. The next day I started it and it started really rough and cut out straight away so I started it again and it ran ok. I have been in contact with s hyosung technician and he told me that the normal operating temp idle speed should be 1400rpm and it is going back to the dealer next week and both the tech and dealer are going to look into it to sort it out. Does any one here know what the problem could be or has had similar issues and info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
The only mods are the plugs and a Leo Vince can which the dealer put on at purchase.
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:59:14 PM by newbymick »
2010 GT650R EFI, Double bubble screen, Rear Hugger, LED indicators
Leo Vince slip on can, HEL braided lines, tribal rim tap, black anodised levers, Pro Bolt fairing bolts, 6000k HID lights, AIS block off, Iridium plugs

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BradCCM

Re: 2010 EFI Hyosung GT650R dramas
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »

I have done a lot for Hyosung trying to figure out what is causing these problems. I have narrowed it down to the air sensors in the air box being plugged in backwards, or having one faulty sensor.  The TPS (throttle position sensor) can be adjusted the same way the 2009s had to be done. At Idle the 2010 bikes will drop the rear cylinder completely and only be running on the front cylinder until about 16-1700RPM. I hope that helps.

Ghost_Rider

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:33:08 AM »

Thanks. I spoke to another dealer and he also told me that the TPS can cause problems and so can a aftermarket exhaust. I just hope my dealer is smart enough to figure it out as they have not done stuff all so far.
Leo Vince slip on can, HEL braided lines, tribal rim tap, black anodised levers, Pro Bolt fairing bolts, 6000k HID lights, AIS block off, Iridium plugs

BradCCM

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »

Thanks. I spoke to another dealer and he also told me that the TPS can cause problems and so can a aftermarket exhaust. I just hope my dealer is smart enough to figure it out as they have not done stuff all so far.

The exhaust would make it run a little lean, but not cause the problems that you are having.

Warpedone

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »

Sounds a little like mine.
Have you tried adjusting the clutch?

My carby would cut out if the clutch had wiggled it's way out of place and would drag at the lights slightly pulling me forward if I revved it.

Ride hard, Live fast
Ride the Dragon, Slay the mule,
Live to ride, Crash to die,
Ben and Jade July 2009

Ghost_Rider

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 06:01:25 AM »

Sounds a little like mine.
Have you tried adjusting the clutch?

My carby would cut out if the clutch had wiggled it's way out of place and would drag at the lights slightly pulling me forward if I revved it.

No it's not that I can rev it no problems and mine the efi version.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:22:42 AM by Ghost_Rider »

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »

:o hyo guys,your story is putting me off up-dating to a efi model big time.carbys are good for me,all my 18 bikes been dat.no probs.sure, ideally efi is in theory better, if it is set up properly, but that,s the problem. hyo. can,t move forward with the brand if they can,t cut it! buy a new bike and have all that head-ache?why would ya? consumer law dictates that the product must perform to it,s designed purpose.it ain,t happening here.get on to the aust. importer, tell em it ain,t good nuff! demand a loan bike,for the in-convenience.spread the word you guys,they will have to listen and improve their game. accolades to the korider site!!! remember, if you ain,t happy,it ain,t good enuff. united we stand and errrrr,i forgotted. adios
DO IT NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES ILLEGAL !

08 gt650-s  stock- 13500ks 25/2/11

Ghost_Rider

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 01:39:24 AM »

Yeah I know that's what I've told them every time and they haven't done shit. The last 2 times it's been there I told them I needed a loan bike and they said "we have nothing to give you" because I'm a leaner. It's still cutting out when it gets really hot. i.e. The last couple if days have been around 40 degrees celcius and when I would ride through traffic and stopping at lights all the time some times it would cut out on me when idling.  Is this normal does anyone else have this issue. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:25:03 AM by Ghost_Rider »

CodeMonkey

• I'll pretend I wanna be here.
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • My general photo blog - minus words...
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 02:14:56 AM »

You are not the first. Just doing a search I see quite a few 2010 bikes here having the same issues, mine included.

Long story short, after 20,000km it still has the same issue it had when I first bought it new.

Replaced sofar:
Tilt switch/sensor.
Fuel Pump - this fixed the issues of when it dies not being able to start it again unti it cooled right down.
RR Rectifier/Regulator
Stator

My bike also has the problem where when the bike is hot and at idle it is very rough - and every now and then (daily now) would cut out. Sometimes I can feel one of the cylinders isn't firing properly when it idles roughly.

What was interesting was that after the RR and stator were replaced for a few months it was behaving well. It would still idle roughly when warm, but wouldn't cut out. Now its back to its old tricks.

So I inspected the stator - looked fine, the resistance readings were off spec, but perhaps not too far off for it to be a problem.
Then I inspected the RR. Big issues:
1.) Way out of spec and one wire failing the continuity test - internal damage to the RR.
2.) The connector between the RR and stator had melted :S

So thats my second fried RR.

Now the bike is currently in my workshop awaiting parts for surgery. I've ordered a new oem stator and after-market generic MOSFET RR amongst other bits and pieces. I think the culprit is the charging system. If not I'll have to look into this TPS everyone keeps mentioning.

I've given up on warranty - the dealer is lazy or just plain incompetent. If I can fix it myself then at least I've learned something and won't be so fearful of maintaining/fixing my own bike.

Ghost_Rider

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 02:46:22 AM »

So far they haven't replaced anything on my bike but I know what you mean about repairing it yourself. But that's not a option for me as I don't know enough about bikes and I'm not going to spend my money and time fixing something that they should. It's their job not mine but I just want it fixed. I'll see what they say when it goes back next week. They should pull their finger out because I have got Hyosung techs involved so hopefully this will be out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10