• December 18, 2017, 01:51:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How good is your Hyosung? 2004 - 2005  (Read 5359 times)

Morph

• Training Wheels
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2004 - 2005
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 01:38:10 AM »

I sold my 04 GT250 about 6/7 months ago. It had done 32000kms and the only problem I had was the engine needed replacing, this was due to neglect from the previous owner (hadn't serviced it for a long long time). Once the new motor was in the bike ran beautifully, never coughed or stuttered in heavy traffic/warm riding. I almost miss it!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

SheriffHD

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »

Well, my GT125 is actually a 2003 model, but I didnt find the group included it (it seems to be the one every one is ashamed off) Any way, I get issues here and there where the last owner done a bodge job with it, but Im enjoying every ride on it. Even if it does almost kill me from time to time :D

Richard1522

• Training Wheels
How good is your Hyosung? 2004 - 2005
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »

Crap! In a word!! Well to be honest it's down to owner neglect and shit parts I think. I have got a 2010 bike and EVERY and I mean every bolt,nut and screw is rusty, the carbs are seized full of road crud, the rear brakes have seized, front caliper had partially seized, the disc was warped and then would come off so had to be drilled and welded and sworn at! And they are the good bits!

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 06:31:47 AM »

you might want to check the serial number. a 2010 should not have carbs...but throttle bodies with fuel injection.
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Joseph

• Training Wheels
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »

'04 GV250 has given me years of solid reliable riding in town and on the highway.  The rusted rear shock coils are a bummer, though--so I painted them black, which gives the bike sort of a period Indian look.  I like it.

My only real complaint, along with everyone else, is the weak electrical system.  I'd like to run my driving lights 24/7, but I'm afraid of killing the battery.  I use a maintainer ALWAYS.

If I get some time, I'll upgrade the electrical system and then probably never sell it.  I really like this bike a lot.  It's dead in between an English thumper and a big American V-Twin, so it's a perfect size and weight for me, but it runs so smoothly and has such a nice power band.  I love this bike.

kamza

• Training Wheels
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 10:13:48 AM »

Bought the bike(gt650r) brand new in 2014 and spent that year only riding on weekends and did not change a thing, 2015 put in ART pipe(illegal for road use but great sound on the bike), had the jets changed by a mechanic friend and bike was way better and could reach up to 10k rpms so hitting straights meant i could change gears a bit later (top speed still only at about 130mph or so) anyway started commuting daily on the bike since last year (2015- september) only issues were the stator had to be replaced, after that the ignition coils went and changed that, blocked AIS system and still need to change r/r, still to install HID kit for low beam cause riding at night i can barely see if on a dark road other than that.....this is a great bike do a lot of burnouts so change tyres every so often but shinkos have worked out well for me as they last longer, i do my own service and whatever small things i can fix if i cant i just check things out here on korider, great deal of knowledge the guys here have and yeah if it werent for dealers hyosung would make for an awesome bike but finding parts that aren't close to how much i bought the bike for is really a big issue and no one seems to have parts except for kawasaki dealers oddly enough the parts are interchangeable with some of their models, so i always scrounge for secondhand parts from other bikes that have been buried btw i think my bike was assembled on a Wednesday because all the bikes made on Monday are sitting at dealers for months on end cause there are issues no one can fix and i know i can sometimes abuse the bike and still make it back home unlike sum other bikes i know.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:18:46 AM by kamza »

donforever

• Training Wheels
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 08:13:48 AM »

Folks need help!

I have a Hyosung GT650R and constantly had electrical issues,  right from the time I bought it.

Tried fixing a zillion times,  changed connectors,  replaced regulators

Below Issues after engine heats up riding in the city:

1. Battery Charging issue.
2. Low RPM.
3. Over heating.
4. FI indicator glowing when idling low.
5. Misfire and engine switching off.
6. Very dim headlights.
7. Engine turning off after accelerating a certain RPM.

All above issues start when riding in the city and when engine is hot.

All the above conditions DON'T occur when engine is cold and for short rides.

Please share your experiences and if anyone found a resolution.

Pages: 1 [2]