• April 30, 2017, 06:15:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How good is your Hyosung? 2006 - 2007  (Read 8487 times)

Bukefal

• Learner rider
How good is your Hyosung? 2006 - 2007
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:31:25 PM »

Hi all,

I'm curious to get some feedback on how happy Hyosung riders are with their bikes over the years.  I'll set up a few polls so please vote in the poll that corresponds with your bike's model year (not necessarily the year of manufacture).

The more people we get voting, the more representative the polls will be.  Just be honest. 

Happy riding,

Bukefal

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

bazzabear

• Grinding the pipes
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2006 - 2007
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »

I voted  ;)

Had no more problems with this bike than any of the Jap bikes I owned  8)

Bazza

http://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk/
'07 GT650R

'00 COUGAR V6

http://i

muppit

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »

Also voted  :) Picked this bike up as a Cat-C Write off for 600. She's never let me down! Even when it was -20c outside it still started with no issues at all  ;D It gets rode every day , all weather. Even ridden though the floods around here (Just over a foot deep) and still nothing  ;D Have friends with all differant brands of 'big name' bikes that have had loads more trouble than i have :P

Muppit
Ride it like you stole it!

MTC Tri-Oval S/S Exhaust
De-Cat
C.D.I Mod
EBC HH Brake Pads
D.I.D Racing Chain
Carbon Steel Sprokets
LED Running Light
Dynotune LED F/E
6000K H.I.D's
Blacked Out Headlight
Stebel Horns
R&G H/Grips

HyoFuelNazi

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »

I voted excellent even though I had a radiator tank split when I purchased the bike ( fixed fast ).

Its a great bike for me, it is a great base for experimentation and mod.s. Some of the others like SV's and Er's are pretty hard to mod. so it was an easy decision.

Its also an amazing bike for performance experimentation, eg. I have got nearly 600km on one tank of premium fuel on one trip and get 3.2L'100km average. At that fuel usage I can beat any 600/4 up the coast in a race  ;D ;D ;D

manfriday

• Regular rider
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:44:30 AM »

Hi ....

Thinking about it I have had less issues with this bike than any Jap bike I have owned and these have all been from new.

I have had one warranty claim with the Hyo and that was within a few weeks of getting the bike with the rear disk scoring, replaced very quickly and has now seen 58,000km of service.

Any other issues are of a minor nature and part of owning ANY motorcycle.

lovehatetony

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »

Bought my 07 gt250r used from a guy with about 1000 miles on it.  Only problems I had was a leaking fuel filter, side stand switch, and bad starter motor.  Great beginner motorcycle learning a lot from it.
07' Hyosung GT250r

uponone

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »

i have a 2007 650gt ,turnred to a streetfighter style ,i had to replace the alternator and regulator and now the front forks need a rebuild and the rear disc needs replacing sounds bad hey , NOT I just clocked up 59000 on mine and as the guys i ride with will confirm they are a hard and fast 59k ,bang for ya buck indeed,i have friends who hate my bike they may go and spend $18 to 20k on theirs and they have more issues than my $7k hyo ,i love it ,pride in what you ride!!!!!!!!!!
sorry officer,but i had to

Batkwaka

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 12:04:31 PM »

Bought a late '06 GT650S new in Jan '07. Complaints, no centrestand, bad steering geometry and balance, it was also not pillion friendly enough. Loved the motor, absolutely solid.
The faults
Mirrors cracked
Overflow pipe in petrol tank split
Alternator Stators burnt out
Starter solid burnt out
Regulator Rectifier Burnt out
Conclusion, good budget motorcycle but I wouldn't buy another until they sort the electrics out properly.

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »

8) hyo, guys all good positive feedback. said before,i,ve had many jap bikes,all good. traded the ''bullett proof'' 99 xj900s divy,burnt cdi uhit,$1149 aust,plus 80k on it,so update! to hyo. right on. sorry you had probs. batkwaka,but rest of posts spot on. only 11800k so far,but importer/dealer services and know how? helps,as was demo bike,had to be spot on for potential customers, i think/hope. my son rode it a few days ago, thru the twisties,said it even kept up with litre  bikes. was impressed. he had a 98 ninja 900r.before, and rides hard. any machinery has the potential to break down,it is inherent in design limitations.so the hyo. does the job well imo. i think that if you read and follow the advice on many of the forum posts, it would be a big help also. ride on tonto. ::)
DO IT NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES ILLEGAL !

08 gt650-s  stock- 13500ks 25/2/11

release_the_bees

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »

I've had my 2007 GT650R for 9 months now, and it still looks like it has just left the showroom floor, which is a definite positive. Overall, the bike has done everything I have asked of it, but it has had the following issues:
  • Stator burnt out x2 (the first replacement only lasted 3 months, so was fixed under warranty).
  • Regulator died and was replaced at the same time as the first stator.
  • Water pump started leaking and had to be replaced, as it was not serviceable.
  • wiring issues on the rear brake light and right front indicator.

I do like my bike, but it has had more issues than I would hope for in 9 months of riding.

Pages: [1] 2 3