• October 21, 2017, 12:30:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How good is your Hyosung? 2006 - 2007  (Read 8950 times)

Samwise

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2006 - 2007
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 07:13:43 AM »

My 2006 GT250 has done me really well. Great bike really. The only real issue I had was from some surface rusting in the fuel tank. It got through everything and I've had to clean it all out. It's from lack of use mainly though. So I can't really blame Hyo, although perhaps they should line the tanks better to avoid corrosion.
2013 (2010) GT650R EFI
2006 GT250 Carb/Naked (SOLD)

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

gtmedic

• Learner rider
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »

Well I attribute the issues on my bike to poor upkeep from the previous owner. This guy didn't do maintenance on this bike obviously. I just bought it and already needed to replace the front tire (metal showing), needs front/rear pads, steering head bearing is a little loose, and the charging system is doing the typical deal. Other than those issues, it runs great and is a blast to ride.

123krehan

• Regular rider
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 11:53:31 PM »

just thought id mention this, i just got back from a little holiday, 600km  trip from narooma to albury, and the GT250R did not miss a single beat in that 1200km's, very surprised and very happy, she is a 2007 model with close to 19000 on the clock, she handaled the clyde mountain with ease and purred down the hume without breaking a swet, and this is all with a 85 kg ridder and another 15-20kg in panniers and back pack. and the best part... cost me $80 in fuel....
2 legs, 2 wheels, coincidence? i think not!

gaban84

• Learner rider
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 04:29:47 AM »

hi all, im new here. wana share my exp wif my GT250 naked ' 07.

i bot it at SGD$3k otr in 2009. dirt cheap cos no market demand in my country and its a very very rare breed. im lucky to have one. when i first bot it, the mileage was 40k kms. but the engine was running fine.

brief story, theres some eletrical faults and wear and tear here and there along the way. no bike is perfect, it does have its downside. ive already spent SGD$2k to fix the issue. however its all worth it. seriously. ive travelled to Thailand and back 6th times with this 250 and suffered minor or no issues.  and mind u, from Singapore to the Thai border is 900km away. my Malaysian friends even rode as far as Cambodia.

great bike indeed.  :) :)

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 03:53:54 AM »

'07 GT125R
Bought for 500
Sunk around another 600 at the time of me posting this.
Previous owner left it to rot on the coast for 2 years with a full tank of fuel out in the rain with no cover. Didn't move for 2 years.
Took me 4 months of hassling korider people to get it on the road.
Since March-ish I've been through 15+litres of oil, currently on my 4th rear intake camshaft due to the others exploding, drips oil everywhere and the lack of power is horrific.
That being said, now that I've brought it back from the dead and everything has been okay for the past thousand miles, shes my little workhorse and although it'd probably be more cost effective to own a ragged aprilia rs125, she's my bike and I wouldn't have anything different. She's been flawless the past month or so and I certainly don't take it easy. Clutchless shifts, redline gear changes, you'll finish the ride and the bike'll be ready for round two.
If you get a Hyo in good nick, it'll stick around long enough to be buried with you :)

SwedishKing

• Training Wheels
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 04:37:22 AM »

2006 GT650n 10.600km.

Im really happy with it, had it for nearly a year now.

problems: sparkplugs, previous owener put the wrong ones in, got misfires. Changed to original standard ones. Working as it should be now :)

Clutchwire snapped off from the lever, i was long away from home, so had to get a car with trailer bring it back and into the shop.

Had a thermostat problem, just changed that, and now i get the right temprature :)

Now ive done thorough service on the bike myself, make sure everything is in good condition. And tbh the problems i had with this bike when i bought it, was a bike that mostly sat and did nothing, didnt get proper care. so faults had to be fixed.

But now i am very happy with it. Apart from a bit of a "plasticy" feel to some parts on the bike. The turnsignal signal on the "dash" doesnt blink anymore. but the turnsignals blink. rest of the lights on the dash are working, so probably just the bulb in it.

also my tripmeter cant be reset. doesnt really bother me tbh

Everything is running well, and really if you take care of your bike you shoudnt get any more problems than what u would do with other bikes.

06gt650r

• Learner rider
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 04:40:05 AM »

I voted "good, couple of problems".

I bought an 06 gt650r(unrestricted). don't know if it was me overfilling with oil but the coolant disappeared into the engine, gasket/waterpump. shes getting fixed now. but other than that, its a superb "two wheeled princess" lol. more than enough power, looks sexy, and I hope Im riding her for a long time..

Kea

• Training Wheels
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »

Super happy mine has a governor but  that's not stopped me ringing its neck alot! About to remove it so looking  forward !!  It's  07 nought it with 8200 km got 12 000 now still sweet :-)

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »

I love it. I bought my 07 gt 250 2 yrs ago. I am the third owner and it had done 30 odd kkm when i bought it. It's now done 70kkm and is still going very solidly. I have had to sister the wires from the reg to the battery and replace the reg that killed. But the engine and everything else has served the last 40kkm well.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

06 GT250

darren79

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »

I bought a 2006 GV250 in April 2016 for only $1000 (AUD) and it ha run really well for the past 18 months. Even though it was 10 years old, it had only done 13000km when I bought it, I used it for commuting to work each day (about 70km round trip) so have done more in 1 year than the whole previous decade. A few standard things have worn out (cables like clutch and rear brake ), and the only electrical issue has been a couple of wires to dashboard light (left indicator and high beam) snapped. Its fitted with sporty mufflers, bigger jets and a more open air filter box, maybe slightly more powerful, has good acceleration (annoys cars, Harleys or sporty and naked 250s at traffic lights) but doesn't go any faster than 120kmh. Most of my rides are on 60-70kmh roads, but amazingly fuel economy is around 75-80 miles per gallon (3.6 litres per 100km). Maintenance was easy, did an oil change and new filter every 3000km and at the same time some other service or tune up, seemed to keep it working. Very practical bike.
GV250 2006......more accessories than that photo!

Pages: 1 2 [3]