• December 17, 2017, 10:30:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009  (Read 10497 times)

Bukefal

• Learner rider
How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »

Hi all,

I'm curious to get some feedback on how happy Hyosung riders are with their bikes over the years.  I'll set up a few polls so please vote in the poll that corresponds with your bike's model year (not necessarily the year of manufacture).

The more people we get voting, the more representative the polls will be.  Just be honest. 

Happy riding,

Bukefal

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Road_Rash

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »

Beside my UM catching fire twice, I forgot what a great machine it is.
Its been in the back shed for two years. I cleaned out the crabs, aired the tires.

I took it for a ride around the block yesterday. I know why I liked it so much.
They are just great riding machines.

When the weather is too harsh for my Harley. I'll be riding my UM.

I got no complaints. I'd recommend them to new riders.

ProAktion

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:34:19 AM »

I have not had any major issues with my 2008 Hyo. Sure it has its weak points. All bikes do. Very happy with mine, with a few changes I have done. ;)
LED Undertail Kit
HID Headlight Kit
AIS Kit
Modded exhaust can
Rear Wheel & Tire Mod
Front wheel & rotors
Jetted over a Jet Kit
Modded air filter
Iridium Plugs
Billet Triple Tree
XRT levers
---On The To Do List---
Exhaust mod, Velocity Stacks

manfriday

• Regular rider
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:52:15 AM »

oops my bad ....didnt notice the years  in the subject line....

my comments in the 2006-2007

Great bike -- the most enjoyable one that I have owned just love the V-twin ...

manfriday

• Regular rider
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:00:50 AM »

Hi  ...

Must add the fact that there is a certain amount of inverted snobbery with owning a Hyosung  :)

Bukefal

• Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:59 AM »

i'm not sure if i see this inverted snobbery manfriday... but what i have noticed is that there's a lot of owners who are happy with their bikes, especially knowing they've got a great deal for them.  not sure that that's 'snobbery'... maybe a quiet satisfaction?  and that's not a bad thing, especially when there are so many anti-hyosung sentiment out there ;)

Canamatt

• Learner rider
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 06:02:35 AM »

I guess the question for me is...would I buy another one?
 As I will be moving back to Canada soon and am not able to take the Hyosung back with me, I actually get to decide on another bike! Given the fact that this Hyosung is my 8th bike in 30 years and given the fact that I have never replaced one bike with the same bike - ever. (In fact I usually change the make and type of bike each time. Cruiser, Touring, Sport....) History tells me I am not likely to buy another Hyosung. Add to that my "get what you paid for" lessons learnt of late and No, I will not buy another Hyosung. 
 However, I would recommend a Hyosung to others looking for a new bike at a budget price, with the caveat, you do get what you pay for, especially if you are shopping at the lower end of the price scale. (By that I mean if you buy a $7k bike expect a $7k bike, but if you buy a $30k bike you can get a $20k bike with bling.)
 That said, the warranty has been really good and the dealers here in Perth have been excellent to deal with. I just wish I didn't have to deal with them quite so often.   

Bukefal

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »

fair enough, Canamatt.  i don't think i would buy another hyo if i ever bigger bike (i have the GT250R) only because i would want something different (same would apply even if i had a non-hyo right now).  however, i don't actually see myself buying another bike at all.  at least not any time soon.  and if i did, i would still hang on to my current bike.

all the best going back to Canada.  i lived in toronto and hamilton for a few months, and in the USA too.  got hooked on hockey and i still follow it religiously every day. 

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:30 AM »

:) good concept bukefal, but perhaps the survey should show mile-age too. my 08 gt650s came from a dealer/importer with 8300 kms, it was a demo,loan bike,so it was serviced to specs, i think. now 11500ks, still great. back at 13500 for 3month warranty check{dealer warranty}. thinking about up-dating to a efi model at @25000ks, but not if all the posted issues are,nt fixed. hyo. has best power out put/hp. in it,s class[non 4 cyl.], dunno if other makes are worth the $3-4 grand extra.i,d spend that money on paint job,some custom parts etc.again, read the model,s test,reviews on the net,also other forums too. adios amigos.
DO IT NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES ILLEGAL !

08 gt650-s  stock- 13500ks 25/2/11

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »

When the weather is too harsh for my Harley. I'll be riding my UM.

bwahhahahahahahahahha - Harley - Weather - Harsh.  Now those are 3 words always spoken by every Harley rider I have ever spoken too.  Wonder why ??? ??? ??? ;)

Your not saying the Hardley is a 4711  ;)
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

Pages: [1] 2 3 4