• October 21, 2017, 12:19:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009  (Read 10354 times)

silentjatt

• Grinding the pipes
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:14 PM »

bought my 08 gt250r brand new.
approx. 12K i needed a new shock. it was changed under warranty. approx. 15K, clutch cable broke.
aprrox. 25K and just 1 month after the 2 year warranty, cam chain tensioner failed causing four bent valves in the front cylinder. (hopefully thats all it is) still havent put it back together yet.

but to be fair, i havent exactly babied this bike. its been in redline zone almost every ride. seen some mis-shifts here and there as well.
08 GT250R FI---- dead! :(
life moves on to 'better' bikes..

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 05:18:31 AM »

:D hi silentjatt, still working on it eh? got the parts yet? fair job to do, would be good time to re bore up the piston size if possible ,port the heads, bigger valves etc. go better, but more $s.good luck. ;)
DO IT NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES ILLEGAL !

08 gt650-s  stock- 13500ks 25/2/11

silentjatt

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 09:41:54 PM »

:D hi silentjatt, still working on it eh? got the parts yet? fair job to do, would be good time to re bore up the piston size if possible ,port the heads, bigger valves etc. go better, but more $s.good luck. ;)

maybe down the road, when i know more about different size pistons, bigger valves, different bike parts that fit and clearances, i could try different things that time. but for right now, just guna put the stock parts back in and hope she runs.

all the parts are here. ordered all new gaskets and valves. just waiting to get a day off from work so i can start assembling it back together.

i have to say though, even after the problems this bike has given me, i still love this little bugger. haha

CamronB

• 2013 GT650R
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 11:10:53 PM »

I bought my bike 2008 GT250r April 2010 with 45 Miles on it. I took her on a trip of 1300 mile round trip 3 weeks after I bought it and had no issues what so ever. A few months later and I went to start the bike one day and gas started coming out of the exhaust and all over my garage floor  ??? >:( and it would not turn over.

I took her into the dealer and found out that the inside of the gas tank started to rust thus clogging the fuel system and the cylinders where filling with gas. They rebuilt my fuel system and got a new tank installed but it took 2 months for Hyosung to send the dealer all the parts to get it fixed. I actually had to email Hyosung and complain before they finally sent out all of the parts.

By the time I got the bike back I was way to cold to ride anymore ( The ride home was rather chilly). Good news is everything was covered under warranty and didn't cost me a dime. So other than having a defect in the tank that caused rusting I have not had any other issues. I currently have 3985 miles and can't wait for this damn snow to melt so I can get back on her and ride!!!!

All in all I am happy with the bike and the service from my dealer but no very happy with the service provided by Hyosung on getting the parts needed to fix it and I definitely let them know in my email to them how dissatisfied I was.

Hyosung asked for the tank back so they could inspect it to see why it rusted. Anyone else have any issues like this with there bike??
BMC Filter
Two Brothers Titanium
FH020AA upgrade

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 02:04:23 AM »

;)  hi camron, i tend to think the cold, moisture laden air in your area was/is a big factor in the rusting of your tank, tho  i have, nt seen any others posted.mbe fuel quality.condensation is mostly caused by warm-cold exposure. see the pics on the forum of the poms leaving their bikes out in the snow? tch, tch,tch.put some carpet etc on the floor,cover bike with old doona etc and a tarp mbe. warranty work costs money. usually it,s the one- two warranty, once you buy it ,too #$%^% bad. rare to see a good warranty rap. hope all good now. cheers

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »

Hi  ...

Must add the fact that there is a certain amount of inverted snobbery with owning a Hyosung  :)

:D i take a fence  ::) at that comment. we are not snobs,we just don,t like other people! ;D :D ;)

silentjatt

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »

Hi  ...

Must add the fact that there is a certain amount of inverted snobbery with owning a Hyosung  :)

:D i take a fence  ::) at that comment. we are not snobs,we just don,t like other people! ;D :D ;)

no no. other ppl dont like us. so, tit for tat right? ;) ;D

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 05:26:53 PM »

Hi  ...

:D i take a fence  ::) at that comment. we are not snobs,we just don,t like other people! ;D :D ;)/quote]

no no. other ppl dont like us. so, tit for tat right? ;) ;D

;D yeh SJ, they seem to look away or turn their nose up at our humble hyo,s. their loss. old adage ''don,t knock it if ya ain,t tried it!'' cheers mate. :P

low hyo

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 06:09:47 AM »

well it runs great i sold my 2007 gt-650r and bought a 2010.  I use it as a daily driver but far for it.  It is a sleeper !!!!!!!!!!!   Ok I put a little of money and time in her. Lets start, it has a Power cmmander V, Quick Shift, Secondry Fuel Module, Wide Band, Frame Sliders, Race Clutch kit with Kerlar, EBC Rotor and pads, Chain Sprocket kit, XTR Levers, 3 inch drop,  Undertail, CBR 1000 Calipers, VooDoo Exhaust  (Black), Stainless Brake lines.  I think that is all.  I'm still looking to extend the swingarm 6 inches. I know it is a lot of money on this bike but it does fine on the track

Canamatt

• Learner rider
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »

I guess the question for me is...would I buy another one?

I must have been a tad pissed when I wrote my response to whether I liked my bike or not.... It's been 2 years now and my 2008 GT650 has really grown on me.  It is a daily driver and performs the 50 k daily commute with out complaint. My frequent trips to the airport it get packed like a mule and does so with aplomb! I just completed 20,000 kms and the only real work it needed other than the service was a new rear tire, it's first!  On week-ends when I can get away with friends it has proved a willing companion and has kept up to the likes of a Honda SP2, BMW S1000RR, BMW HP2 and other machines twice the size. Oh, they can take me on the straight bits but I'm right there in the twisty bits. Now I have a $700.00 photograph to prove it. Taken of my generous backside on a quiet rural road south of Perth where apparently the speed limit was only 110 KPH (or so I'm told).
 But that's not the reason for the about face....the bike has just been really good. It certainley hasn't caused someone of my meager talents any complaints.
 So, scrap what I said about not buying another one. I would, in a heart beat. In fact I convinced my B.I.L in Canada to buy one already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4