• June 23, 2017, 06:19:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009  (Read 10079 times)

woody101088

• Grinding the pipes
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 03:36:48 PM »

well it runs great i sold my 2007 gt-650r and bought a 2010.  I use it as a daily driver but far for it.  It is a sleeper !!!!!!!!!!!   Ok I put a little of money and time in her. Lets start, it has a Power cmmander V, Quick Shift, Secondry Fuel Module, Wide Band, Frame Sliders, Race Clutch kit with Kerlar, EBC Rotor and pads, Chain Sprocket kit, XTR Levers, 3 inch drop,  Undertail, CBR 1000 Calipers, VooDoo Exhaust  (Black), Stainless Brake lines.  I think that is all.  I'm still looking to extend the swingarm 6 inches. I know it is a lot of money on this bike but it does fine on the track

alright that kinda made me laugh, who in their right mines would stretch and lower a 650CC Vtwin?  His mods all together would cost more then the bike probably did.

Anyways. 14K (miles) on the clock and all i need is new tires and a valve cover gasket and a water pump.. Hopefully the gasket and pump are covered under warranty as the bike was brand new when i bought it in April.
09 GV650 - ZX6R master cyl, EBC pads, 4POT calipers
08 GT650 - parting out PM for parts. Runs great no issues

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

bad_habits1

• Training Wheels
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 04:05:44 AM »

I am the proud owner of an '08 and have very few complaints. One being the seat absolutely kills my tailbone. Another being that the controls need to be farther forward for me and I'm only 5'8". I wish they were adjustable. With that said, I have nothing else but praise for mine. It runs and rides GREAT. I've added a Shark music system I picked up on Ebay for $30 bucks, windshield, passenger backrest, saddlebags, and a bar bag that I mounted to the backrest. I also replaced the stock exhaust with "bullet" or "cigar" pipes off of a 2010 Sportster. They look just like the stock pipes, but provide deeper tone and I swear more power through out the entire power band. For anyone worried that they aren't good for highway travel, I ride on the interstate with no problems and I weigh 240 lbs and my wife weighs around 150. Thats almost 400 lbs and i can run 75 mph 2 up without having to dance on the shifter. I intend to add the performance kit and a 15 tooth front sprocket for a bit more top end and to bring the revs down. In my opinion, these are great bikes. I'd LOVE to ride an ST7, but am very impressed with my piglet.

commuter

• Learner rider
  • Miles of smiles
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »

An all round good value bike. Yes theres the tyres and the battery to change when theyre new but the remainder is all good. Fewer faults than a brand new italian bike i once bought. Better engineered than a japanese bike I once bought. The hyo isnt the best but its best value.

Solar Fire

• Learner rider
  • Ridden the way its maintained, Constant!
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 05:51:28 PM »

I'm pretty happy with mine, so far i had it for a 1.5 yrs. I found her waiting for me all by herself at the dealer's place. its been there for 2 yrs. Guess no one wanted the showroom bike... at first neither did I. The dealer had 1 more bike it was the latest version and I wanted that...... but.... it seemed to have the starter jammed. There was no way in hell I would have bought a brand new bike which was just overhauled. So I took this one.........

Story goes: They gave me a 12V 10Ah Batt were the manual says minimum of 12Ah.. (Which noticed a week ago coz i needed to clean the whole bike, came across when i took it out) -_-
                 Its been down in 1.5feet of water on a rainy day.... and riding it even on heavy rainy days
                 Suffered a hit and run when it was parked
                 Reached 176 Km/h one time
                 took a bad batch of contaminated fuel something which is occasional here at the stations (drained.. NP)
                 one time skidded due to coming face to face with loads of just after a blind corner... bike suffered a tilt      (lucky with just muffler scratched)

All in all bike has 17K on it and still no probs [Keeping record of scheduled maintenance and full servicing it]

but...... The people who I encountered and bought the same kind of bike as mine in the same range of year all reported damages..... I don't understand i encountered around 20 and all reported a fault at the time they had done around a few 100ks to some 1500ks:

Chain constantly stretched
Rectifier burned out
Clutch blew up
starter motor didn't work
battery popped whilst inside (guess excessive charge)
electrics failure
Trouble with gearbox
ECU Died
Weird engine noises

some others with minor like throttle cable snapped, clutch cable snapped and minor details

The only thing mine suffered was from some minor rust when i bought it and so far just self inflicted probs like when i fell plugs got coughed up....changed them.. OK.
Through wind and rain, Till death due us part.

GT250

CrazyChris

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »

I love this little bike. Got a 2008 gt250. Bought it of a friend with a few motor probs and a medium damage accident. Fixed what i could, resprayed and she is running. Still a few motor probs to sort but after 40 000 km on her she still ticks over with minimal complaints.  Would buy another without a thought. Maybe a GV650 next(cruiser fan)
I only ride as fast as my guardian angel can fly and she is damn fast

jdgilbert

• Learner rider
    • Solid Rock Armory
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 08:08:52 PM »

Bought a 2009 GT250R new from dealer stock about a month ago. So far no problems aside from stupid-owner mistakes, like accidentally leaving it in neutral and having it roll backwards into a gopher hole and drop on the left side. Result of that was a broken mirror, JB Welded the mirror for now pending  a replacement. First night I got it home I got caught in another gopher hole in the yard and dropped it on the left side, broke the left handlebar. i had a friend make a new handlebar from high-strength aluminum so I could replace just the bar and not the whole left clip-on assembly. I would prefer to see higher strength parts and/or the clip-ons and mirror pivot points give under stress instead of snapping the assembly off, but for the price it's understandable. The mirror pivot had rusted some from my recent road trip (tons of rain), so that may be why it broke instead of pivoting.

I only have 750 miles on it, broke it in with the 'alternate' method (keep engine under load, get up to redline and release the throttle to return to idle without using brakes) and the engine straightened up very quickly. I forgot to take a picture of the oil filter after the break-in, with only 35 miles on the bike the filter was almost entirely silver from metal shards, the magnetic drain plug was covered as well. Changed it one more time after another 50 miles and there was almost no crud in the oil or filter.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I ended up having to ride it on a long-ish road trip this past weekend (350-miles each way) and the bike performed perfectly. I went through 4 hours of hail, rain and heavy winds, one of the worst storms I've been in, let alone ridden a motorcycle in. The ride back was much nicer, almost a full moon and perfectly clear skies, a little cold but dry at least. Fuel economy went from 55 mpg for the first couple tanks to 75 mpg on the last tank. Going from 22 mpg with my previous work commute vehicle I am extremely pleased with that. I was surprised at how comfortable it was to ride, I'm not in great shape but still didn't feel strained in spite of the long trip. If anything my back and neck are looser than after I drive in a car that sort of distance which is a nice bonus.

The speedo is about 10 mph high consistently from around 30-70 mph, I paced the bike off of three separate cars with known good speedo's. I don't know if it's worth putting a speedo adjuster on it, still debating that one. Highest speed I reached was 80 mph (90 on the speedo) with a good bit of room to go before redline, which is as fast as I will go on public roads. I don't have the time or money to do track days, if I did I would have gone with a higher-ceiling bike, but for a commuter bike that's comfortable on longer trips I couldn't be happier.

woody101088

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »

08 GT650 with 46K and in need of a new engine :-/  dealer is dragging ass on getting me my bike back...been over a month...
09 GV650 - ZX6R master cyl, EBC pads, 4POT calipers
08 GT650 - parting out PM for parts. Runs great no issues

psmithavsupplies

• Training Wheels
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »

2008 GT650R 9800km
Mods;
Exhaust, tinted screen, anodosed levers and grips, air filter, led TS, led split tail light, itergrated TS mirrors, seat vinyl, 2010 grab rails, compact air horn, tail tidy, phone/gps charger and cradle.

First road bike (10yrs of dirt) so I dont have a lot to compare it too, but has been pretty good.
Like every one, Ive replaced R.break master  twice in 6000km, the clock battery needs to be replaced.
The only real disapointment is the poor quality britle plastics, wouldnt be so bad if they didnt have to come off every service.

Would I buy another... nope Im 6'3" next bike is gonner have to be a sport tourer. But the hyo is great fun and has treated me well.... a little twitchy in the front but ya get used to that.

Service shedule... minor at about every 3000km .. due for valve clearences.

Riding style.. agressive, I give it hell... bad habits from the  dirt.
Important to note, she's never missed a beat.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:34:55 PM by psmithavsupplies »

08hyoscarab

• Learner rider
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »

I have a 2008 gt250R have had only slight issues. Rear master cylinder line was clogged, and neutral safty switch went out. But over all I love the bike a great ride for the price, and great power for the 250. Was very suprised.

UrbanoMotor

• Learner rider
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 11:47:28 AM »

New to Hyosung
It's doing ok for a 2008, need a little this little that but its worth it because it has character and feel

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4