• April 30, 2017, 06:14:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009  (Read 9961 times)

harosung

• Training Wheels
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 04:03:54 AM »

Build quality is quite poor. The bolts on my 2008 model must be made of plastic as they keep snapping.

I had an '88 model Honda Spada 250 which I crashed. It slid about 30 metres along concrete road. I replaced a mirror, bent the gear selector back to its original position and it was good to go again. I now have an '08 model GT650 Comet with crash knobs. It slid about 10 metres on gravel and is now leaking oil and coolant. Rear brake is seized and the water pump cracked and was pumping rocks into the engine.

You get what you pay for so can't really complain I guess.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Croakie

• Learner rider
Re: How good is your Hyosung? 2008 - 2009
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 03:43:41 PM »

I really can't say good. Maybe not terrible, but an otherwise good machine is let down by it's faults
Namely:
Wiring - the bigegst issue since it leads to so many other things
Seizing Brakes and in general bad quality brakes
I have owned a number of bikes and only one other made me swear at it constantly - and that was an '85FJ1100 which was older than I was at the time that just had problem after problem. But even then it still had an awesome feel to it. The Hyosung has usually just left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. Right now every time I ride it I just hope that it's actually going to start
Also cannot forget the lack of attention to detail eg the forks and oil problem. A sub standard rear shock and the wiring. i know I mentioned that, but it really irks me. In general it seems the bikes just have not been built with care and thought and rather slapped together with whatever goes. and then also poor after sales service.
I get delivery of my bike tomorrow. Then it's on to some well needed maintanance and fixes and then, i hope to enjoy riding it again
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:52:12 PM by Croakie »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]