• June 23, 2017, 09:33:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Charging system upgrade _ UPDATED June 29 2011  (Read 9684 times)

Voodoo

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Charging system upgrade _ UPDATED June 29 2011
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »

krakum did you by any chance have to remove the magneto rotor?

I have to get mine off but the manual is so vague as to the procedure... Also it assumes the you have dismantled the engine and have to use a tool to hold the rotor in place via a conrod...  :o So I'm at a loss as to how to remove it without disassembling the hole engine.  :'(
RIP SuperSic...

"It's much more fun to go fast on a slow bike than to go slow on a fast bike." -Gary Nixon

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

krakum1967

• Global Moderator
  • Grinding the pipes
  • Dyslexics of the World....UNTIE!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »

No my rotor is fine.  Unless you have suffered major damage to the rotor, it should be fine.  I have been lucky and have not had to pull one yet.  You need a good puller for this, I Have done it, just not on a Hyosung at this point.
2007 United Motors V2C-650T AE

1981 Suzuki GS750EX - Rat Bastard

Rinaldo

• Training Wheels
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 03:48:26 PM »

Hello everyone!

Krakum, very good your changes, and discovery of alternative parts for Hyousung.

Thank you for sharing your findings.

good winds

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

josh1990

• Regular rider
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »

Hi Krakum, ive just bought a 2011 GV650, have the electrics been improved or is this still a worthwhile mod? All up what would you say it has cost and would you reckon a noob (to bikes, not bad with cars lol) could do it? Cheers
You cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

azgv650

• Training Wheels
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »

I do not know  if new model is better than old.  However, consider that what you care about is voltage. 
1.  Get the volt meter. ($5 - $15)
2.  Remove seat.
3.  Set up your meter according to directions that come with it - black lead in one plug, red in the other.
4.  Select correct voltage range (Probably somewhere around 20 - letting you see a range between zero  and 20 voltd)
5.  Turn on meter.
6.  Place red lead on the red lead of battery, black lead on black.  Note reading.  Repeat.  Write it down.
7.  Start bike.  Repeat test by again putting red to red and black to black.   Write it down.
8.  With your right hand holding red lead to read, and your left hand holding black to black, use other arm to rev motor ... :^)
9.  Write that down. 
10. Do some arithmetic.  I'm not sure what you WILL see on a brand new bike...(14.5 volts!?) but all of us reading this post are interested.
Perhaps, if with the new model, hyosung has addressed this, then the rest of us can simply get a hyosung part as a replacement too.

TrueLoyaltyInc

• Training Wheels
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »

My main fuse on my Hyosung GT650R has went out twice... I'm just learning to ride so it kinda scares me to be on the bike not knowing when it can happen again... I refuse to go on the highway until this problem is fixed... I'm a newbie when it comes to bike but I've done minor work like changed the right footpeg which wasn't too hard... Im more of the find what's wrong... What parts are needed... Order them and drop the bike off to the shop to have them installed... So with that said im looking for some assistance and I really appreciate it because from the research I've done my R/R and stator needs to be replaced... When the fuse blows I pop a new one in and the bike starts back up and power is fine... If anyone could help me with a list of parts I would need and even better links to the parts because they all seem soooo foreign to me I would really appreciate it... Any help i am very grateful for! Thanks!

tom74

• Regular rider
  • GV tuning
    • My fotos
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »

My experience with this problem:
http://korider.com/index.php?topic=14684.250

deezil

• Regular rider
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 05:00:05 AM »

Hysoung has not addressed this on the newer bikes.  So if you have at least a up to a 2013 bike......Be prepared to make the stator and regulator change at some point almost guaranteed.  I just talked to a (Kasinski) Hyosung dealer in Brazil that has had to do this on several 2013 model bikes.

And also, Just as a Heads up regarding the newer GV650 bikes.  They have a different bracket for the regulator than the earlier year bikes.  The  Shindengen FH020AA Regulator/Rectifier bolts right to is with no other mods or fabricated brackets necessary.  The fake side intake cover fits right over it with no issues.   I will post a picture tomorrow.

If you choose to stay with the stock Hyosung stator...(Which is a bad Idea and you REALLY need to change it out for a ex250 stator) you can use the stock length 3 yellow wiring to reach the Plug.  You need to pull the wiring from the stator out from behind the relay bracket to do it but it is still long enough to reach the Regulator plug. Nip the wires right at the white stator plug though.

deezil

• Regular rider
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 05:10:27 AM »

Doh! I had a pic on my phone from when I changed mine out for the  Shindengen FH020AA Regulator Rectifier. I Crimped the stock stator wiring for the hell of it to see if it could be done.  It can...and you shouldn't.  You should get the Ex250 stator crimp connectors onto it and run it.  The Stock Stator is Garbage.    I guess you could do this with the Electrosport stator, supposedly it is a quality unit.

This is a 2009 GV650 sold in the USA and of course with the  Shindengen FH020AA Regulator/Rectifier
Stock bolts..stock mounting plate.

The Regulator mod couldn't be anymore simpler on the newer bikes.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:17:41 AM by deezil »

kk0710

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

I went with the super mosfet kit with circuit break for 139.95 + 5 shipping from http://www.roadstercycle.com/ and got the egs112 stato for 119 + 9 shipping from http://www.electrosport.com/stator-hyosung-gt650-st7-06-on.html 

I didn't want to cut a new gasket so just ordered one of those as well : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyosung-Magneto-Stator-Cover-Gasket-GT650R-GV650-GT650-United-Motors-Kasinski-/171355991616?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e59cee40&vxp=mtr

Spent a little extra money but not that much in the long run really and parts wise I should have everything I need. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3