• April 26, 2017, 04:53:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Charging system upgrade _ UPDATED June 29 2011  (Read 9447 times)

Pejell

• Training Wheels
Re: Charging system upgrade _ UPDATED June 29 2011
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 03:25:12 AM »

Just a word of caution regarding the Electrosport stator, ESG112: http://www.electrosport.com/street-bikes/hyosung/gv650-gv650/stator-hyosung-gt650-st7-06-on.html

**** This may only apply to my year and model, but a quick check makes me think most of the years and models share parts for the stator and cover****

I have an 06 GV650 and this part has a flaw. The bracket on the back of the stator that holds the wiring is positioned too close to the centre. Also, the wiring sections for inside the housing are too long by almost 2 inches.

OEM stator

Notice the gap of 3-4mm between the centre hole and the base of the bracket? This allows space for the cover's base.

The cover

Notice the base width? Look to the flat section that the mounting holes are in. It's 3-4mm in width. (guestimating, I didn't measure. Don't need to till I figure out what to do. :P )

Electrosport ESG112

See how the space between the screw head and the base of the bracket to the centre hole is much less than what is required?

To make the ESG112 fit I either need to
a. remove that bracket altogether and leave the wiring loose,
        - it's stiff enough but I don't know if it MUST remain separated from the body, maybe someone else knows if this would be safe or not? It would be an easy fix
b. cut and grind out a chunk of the cover for the offending screw and metal plate to fit or
c. remove half of the head of the screw and the bracket underneath, which likely won't leave enough for it to be secure, might vibrate loose and wreck the gears.

I'll be sending an email to Electrosport tomorrow. They might have an easy fix. Once I know I will post.

Regardless, as I mentioned, the wiring, from stator to rubber seal, is too long by almost 2 inches!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:26:55 AM by Pejell »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 08:21:58 AM »

The screw you mention is supposed to be removed. It's there only to stop the insulation being torn away from the wiring during transport.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pejell

• Training Wheels
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »

hmm, so if the screw comes off, I assume the bracket/holder goes too, since it won't be being held in place. My only issue with that is that the wiring won't be firmly held away from the body of the stator, as it is with the oem unit. Obviously if this isn't an issue than that fixes it for me quite nicely, though I'll confirm with Electrosport first.

But thank you. :)

Pejell

• Training Wheels
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 07:19:19 PM »

I confirmed it with Electrosport... you remove the screw and the bracket and all is well.

Thank you for the help. :)

UNdocab

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 03:35:56 PM »

EX250 stator is a bit tiny to original.
As a cheap and relaible solution you can use EN500 stator. It's like original stator, does not have screw to loosen
Left Original - Right EN500 stator.

I hv used original pickup coil with it.

xequtor

• Training Wheels
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 10:58:22 PM »

I installed last year YM-010 MOSFET Rectifier from BMW C 650 2012 after 2nd regular one was fried.
Working fine since then.

ertert

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 11:59:18 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I Have a brand new Electrosport stator for sale. P/N  ESG112, suits the 650 engine. still in the original packaging:

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=26892.0

This is a direct swap for the factory item.

fredrikrosen

• Regular rider
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

EX250 stator is a bit tiny to original.
As a cheap and relaible solution you can use EN500 stator. It's like original stator, does not have screw to loosen
Left Original - Right EN500 stator.

I hv used original pickup coil with it.

Is the EN500 stator plug and play so to say?

Pages: 1 2 [3]