• November 19, 2017, 09:32:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hyosung RT 125, better know as the Karion  (Read 8311 times)

Mad Donkey

• Training Wheels
Hyosung RT 125, better know as the Karion
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »

I am a bit of a sucker when it comes to smaller engined bikes, as i find them a lot of fun. My first one was a Hyoung cruise 2, which gave me years of loyal service, and now, i just bought a Hyosung Karion, and i plan on modding it. I bought the Karion instead of the XRX, simply because i am a Brit, living in Malta, and the roads here are so awful, so you need the enormous chunky wheels!

I am looking at raising the suspension further, and also tuning the engine, so i can screw as much power out of it as possible.

I am also looking for other modding ideas, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know, or if anyone knows where i can get mod parts for the Karion, again, pease give me a nudge.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

hotdiggerty

• Grinding the pipes
  • red is faster.
Re: Hyosung RT 125, better know as the Karion
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 01:21:34 PM »

;D the bike looks good,don,t get those in OZ. what is the idea of those tyres? good for sand work i spose. i,ve never seen a bike tyre with such a large side-wall,it,s a BIG tyre.very unusual. there would be a large amount of rolling mass and weight too. you could try  an after-market zorst,if available,but not much you can do to hot the motor up. try highest ron/octane fuel. cheers
DO IT NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES ILLEGAL !

08 gt650-s  stock- 13500ks 25/2/11

Mad Donkey

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:42:44 PM »

Yeah, the tyre does add a lot of weight, and because of this, it does inhibit the acceleration, but hopefully tuning the engine will help. Its wonderful on poor roads with lots of potholes though, and good for the sand, due to displacement.

riyad7272

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »

hello mad donkey.. so u have the latest RT125 .. i wanted to buy one... i surely love the look of this bike .. cud you please let me know about the bikes performance, riding experience and built quality ???  please help me out ...

Mad Donkey

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »

Hi, The performance needs to be upped, as there isnt as much acceleration, as other 125's, but again, adding to the fact that i am quite a big chap, and that gigantic rear wheel doesnt help!

The bike itself is a motard, designed for everyday road use, but if you fancy taking it off road, or you live in a country where the roads are crap (like me), then you will need to do some Modifications.

For example, the black plastic, which houses the rear tail light has completely seperated itself from the bike by splitting in half! But this happened due to my ferocious use of the bike, (not a design flaw) so i am currently making a modded lighting array for the tail that can take severe shocks. I also removed the body coloured flanks from the bike, to give the bike more of a bare look. next will be a respray, suspension raise, oh, and changing the headlight, to something more powerful.

Otherwise, try one out, and see how you get on with it. My mate, who has a Hyo gtr 250, describes my Karion as "one of the easiest bikes to ride, ever!"

riyad7272

• Training Wheels
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »

thanks mate, could u tell me how fast does it go !!! i think i am definitely going to buy this bike. i wish, i knew how to improve its performance. i think thats the only set back it has :)

Mad Donkey

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »

You will be able to increase the performance. if your not sure, consult with your local motorbike garage, explain that its a 125, and that you want to screw as much power out of it as possible, and they should be able to give you some pointers.

Pages: [1]