• December 18, 2017, 03:37:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Brisbane and Ipswich!  (Read 4519 times)

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Brisbane and Ipswich!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 10:36:17 PM »

I've seen a tl1000 or two that get my interest too...funny enough i'll probably end up with something running a hatchback engine

sent using tapatalk on my magic oblong.

06 GT250

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 10:57:52 PM »

Older FJR?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 11:59:17 AM »

Yeah i was looking at xj6r but they r rare...er6 are a dime a dozen...03+ sv650 look like a good option too...i keep seeing k100s :P

06 GT250

Ghost_Ninja

• Training Wheels
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 02:27:15 PM »

Hey guys I'm a noob on this site just thought I'd say gidday. Recently came into ownership of a 2010 650R and am looking for info about tail eliminator kits.
Seen a couple DIY jobs on here that are super impressive and FULLY legal including the plate light and reflectors. Here's a pic of my current setup.

So that's just the plate on the existing bracket and I drilled more holes for the wiring of the indicators to go through parralel to the bolts.
But what I need is housing for the reflector and plate light to go on and that's it...but if I can't figure it out... .I wouldn't mind whatever kit this is...

or this...

does anyone know where / how I could achieve this?

not sure if that bracket is the same as mine with extra mount things, orrr, if it's a completely different bracket fixed to the bike.

Also.. the plate light doesn't actually work at the moment. Any fuses I can check? already changed the bulb today.
Any help would be awesome xD

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 01:09:50 AM »

I'm not quite sure what I read.

Are you asking where to buy a fender eliminator kit, or are you asking if you can make a fender eliminator out of the stock fender?

One of the more famous fender eliminator kits is by R&G.

Some things to note:

1. They're slightly illegal. ..but only a little bit.
2. The kit for an EFI bike (2010+) is different to the carby era bikes (2009 and earlier).

With regard to the less working light. Does it work if you touch the wires direct to the battery? ...maybe it's stuffed?

With regard to making one out of the stock fender. Dunno. I don't remember ever seeing anyone do it.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Ghost_Ninja

• Training Wheels
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 04:18:21 AM »

Cheers for the response!

Seems the pic of my bike didn't work...try this.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkRk6NZWpRQFmFL2m6-VhNaEL4dP
As you can see..no reflector and nowhere to hold the plate light in place.

Yeah i'm basically after a kit similar to the black monster hyo I linked, unless there's someone who's done it without buying one online, and also without zipties hahaa.

I might check out the R&G though. Just want it legal so I can go night riding with no surprises.

xD

humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:26 AM »

I remember seeing one made from the existing fender on one of the fb groups but it was a while back...

06 GT250

hyo_fighter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 05:08:26 AM »

Gents, I am new to the forum and new to HYO's, I am looking at getting a LAMS 650 and making it my own little street fighter.. I rode the 2017 SV650 and loved the riding position and have been told its similar to the HYO naked 650... plus they are cheap as chips... So I will be here to get as much info as I can on them while making my bike.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]