• August 20, 2018, 07:54:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Psychology of Colours...  (Read 1419 times)

jbrough7

• Forum Addict
The Psychology of Colours...
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »

I'm not trying to start a war here (or continue it!)  I just found this interesting so I thought I would pass it on.  - jim

The Psychology of Colours

Colours influence people and they are associated with certain feelings and meanings. These associations are defined by both the culture we live in as well as our personal experiences. If you are wondering what this has to do with prepress: not a lot although it can make you understand why a designer used a specific colour instead of picking an easier to print one :-)

I simply got the following list in an email and liked it enough to add it to the site. Please note that this is an overview on how colours are perceived in the Western world (Europe, USA). Other cultures can perceive colours completely different. I was once told that the Chinese use white instead of black during funerals because they associate white with the winter time in which nature is dead as well. One lives and learns...

Red: urgency, passion, heat, love, blood, excitement, strength, sex, passion, speed, danger, very fast motorcycles

Blue: truth, dignity, power, coolness, melancholy, heaviness, trust, reliability, belonging, coolness

Orange: playfulness, warmth, vibrant

Green: nature, health, cheerfulness, environment, money, vegetation, nature, freshness, cool, growth, abundance

Purple: wealth, royalty, sophistication, intelligence, spirituality, dignity

Pink: softness, sweet, nurture, security

Black: sophistication, elegance, seduction, mystery, death, rebellion, strength, evil

White: purity, cleanliness, lightness, emptiness, virginity, clean, youth, mildness

Gold: prestige, expensive

Silver: prestige, cold, scientific

Yellow: lady-like, feminine, cheap, tendencies toward human frailty,    crappy, useless, very slow

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

deadmeat

Re: The Psychology of Colours...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:14:50 PM »

:wink:

Smithy

• Learner rider
Re: The Psychology of Colours...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:19:24 PM »

Quote from: "jbrough7"

Black: sophistication, elegance, seduction, mystery, death, rebellion, strength, evil

I new the was a reason i brought a black GT650. :twisted: lol

scatrd

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 12:48:20 AM »

How does it go..........WHATEVER

Ro

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 04:03:54 AM »

How does it go..........WHATEVER

Typical 'Team Yellow' reply (piss weak - boom tish).

Anyone seen that Tooheys New ad? Hurl all the kit into a cloud and you get a golden shower.

scatrd

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 05:11:41 AM »

Beer from the clouds, Sunlight to make your day, gold an object of desire.  See 'Yellow' is a colour from the gods of such a great value man kind would be stuffed without it.

Go sublight Go.

gw555

• Scraping the pegs
  • 126000km
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 05:33:15 AM »

Just found this:

Yellow 2
Definition: A bright golden color, reflecting more light than any other except white; the color of that part of the spectrum which is between the orange and green.

and this:

YELLOW
Yellow is the color of sunshine. It's associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
Yellow produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy. Yellow is often associated with food. Bright, pure yellow is an attention getter, which is the reason taxicabs are painted this color.  Yellow is seen before other colors when placed against black; this combination is often used to issue a warning. In heraldry, yellow indicates honor and loyalty.

and for red:
Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.

So I think that just goes to show why RED think they are faster because of the increased blood pressure, respiration and metabolism

Anyway  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 09:20:42 AM »

I new I was right to buy a blue one :D

But the real question is - What colour is the Bandit jbrough7.  Puce, Pink  or brown.  And don't say "It's multi colour array of form and colour" :loco:
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

jongs

• Scraping the pegs
    • http://www.myspace.com/jongs420
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 09:23:41 AM »

yeah well yellow is best

so there  :rock:  :rock: lol

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

Oh no - another team Yellow rider

Where's all the Team Blue rider.  Not in in Oz I believe because they can't get it over there.  Shame, it is the beast looking on eafter all  :wink:
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

Pages: [1] 2 3