• August 20, 2018, 04:05:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hyo GTR sputtering  (Read 1179 times)

bhawk

• Training Wheels
Hyo GTR sputtering
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:56:24 AM »

Evening, i bought a 2006 hyo gt125 r, it rides like a dream although somtimes it sputters at certain rev ranges, i thought maybe it was misfiring? i reach a certain speed (today it was when the revs were 8-9000) and the tacho starts flicking wildly, it slows me down a little bit.
The only thing i can think of is either spark plugs, or some sort of blockage in the fuel line???
The bike will normally pull 76mph with no problems but since this (the last two days) it is a struggle to even get it to 70, normally topping out at 66ish now...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

joel352

• Regular rider
Re: Hyo GTR sputtering
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:05 PM »

I had the same issue going up hills on my 07 GT125R. Had my carbs cleaned. Never did it again.

bazzabear

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »

Have a look at your fuel filter too ........... they only cost a couple of quid  8)

Bazza

rdugdale

• Regular rider
  • richard- hyosung gt 125 r buyer and seller
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »

sounds like either the slide is not opening properly and sticking or the main jet is blocked, i have also found the reservoir in between each of the carbs gets blocked buy a can of carb cleaner and give them a clean, remember driver in and a little tap on each head before attempting to turn as then they will come straight out, and another thing remember to put the main jets back in the way they came out if not sure they should have little marks saying 87.5 and 90 on them 90 on the front 87.5 on the rear. i use a bit of wire wool on the slide hole polishing it up then polishing the needle and black plastic slide but if using this make sure you get all the wire wool bits out of there as you dont want them just blocking your needles again. hope this helps
hyosung gt 125 r owner

bhawk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »

The problem is a curious one, sometimes it doesnt happen at all, but now it happens the majority of the time. Yesterday on the way home i pulled over to take a leak, when i started her up again and started riding i could not get over 28mph, the engine would die, then restart. its nothing to do with the electrics, they seem fine, so i have ordered some new spark plugs and some new ignition coils, as when reading on ignition coils problems it said that it can affect a bike most when under load and high revs, causes more backfiring (which i had noticed recently) a sporadic smell of petrol (which my friend noticed, not me) and can happen intermittently.
Previously i had put seafoam through the engine, so i dont think its bad petrol and like i said, sometimes it barely affects the bike and the throttle itself is smooth.
I will try replacing the coils and plugs, if that doesnt work i will work on the carb...
The only other things i can think is problems with fuel pump (if this model has one) or maybe the sidestand switch

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:28:12 PM by bhawk »

rdugdale

• Regular rider
  • richard- hyosung gt 125 r buyer and seller
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »

May also be cdi unit too playing up sometimes they are very obviously burnt take it off and take a look around it for any small melted looking parts on it whee a component may have gone (bear in mind if no marks still doesnt rule out it not working)
hyosung gt 125 r owner

bhawk

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 05:27:57 AM »

Well, took the bike apart, replaced the ignition coils, put some carb cleaner through (didnt feel confident to lift carb out and give thorough clean) and i also shorted the sidestand switch... the bikes now running fine, except for the wheels sticking a tiny bit because its just been sat for a while... might need to grease them a bit
Thanks for the help folks :D im a happy chappy

Pages: [1]