• July 24, 2014, 02:03:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Aus] GT650s for the Adelaide 3 Hour - Mallala 25/26 May  (Read 640 times)

JulieRush

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
[Aus] GT650s for the Adelaide 3 Hour - Mallala 25/26 May
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »

Just to declare my affiliation, I'm on the committee of the Phoenix Motorcycle Club of South Australia who are hosting this event.

Entry forms are now available for the Adelaide 3 Hour meeting being held this year at Mallala Motorsport Park on 25 and 26 May 2013. This is also round 1 of the Phoenix Club Championship series.

Myself and Hornet_sv and possibly one other will be teaming up on our trusty GT650s and going up against the big boys on their CBR600RRGSXR6RRRs. Should be good for a laugh if nothing else!

There's something in this meeting for all riders and machines, and many of the feature races will use a Le Mans start which is a real spectacle to see.

If you can get along to watch or - even better - get a team of 2 or 3 riders together and enter too, that would be awesome :)

Online entries and payments are accepted via the Phoenix Club's Entry Forms page where you can also download the entry form and supplementary regulations. For more info check out the Adelaide 3 Hour page.

Should be a great weekend's racing. I might even manage to stay on the bike this year ;)

Hope to see you there, either on the grid or in the stands watching me crash!

Darren (aka Julie Rush)

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Snowfox

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: [Aus] GT650s for the Adelaide 3 Hour - Mallala 25/26 May
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »

:(
SmartGuard Immobiliser.
Kaneg Sliders (nocut).
Spools.

uponone

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:41:19 AM »

Hey Darren might see you there dont think my bike could handle 3hrs of thrashing at once ,be good to watch .
sorry officer,but i had to

hornet_sv

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • Road Racing SA
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 09:59:48 AM »

You should enter. Even just the 50km races or Brackets.

The more the merrier!
www.roadracingsa.com -South Australian Road Racing Community

JulieRush

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

teaming up will reduce the stress on the bike. Mine's been thrown down the track that often it'll be lucky to last my first stint!

we'll be going with hopefully 3 riders and 3 bikes, and probably do 20 - 30 minute stints each.

I'm going to get some nice new shiny race rubber for the bike especially for the occasion :)

hornet_sv

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • Road Racing SA
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 09:31:25 AM »

www.adelaide3hour.com

Even if you aren't going to be racing, come out and have a look at 2 Hyosung's tackle the big bikes in the 3 hour endurance feature race.

We will also be doing 2x 50km "sprint" races, one Saturday and one Sunday.

It will be a great weekend of South Australian Road Racing!

hornet_sv

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • Road Racing SA
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »

It's this weekend!!!! Entires are looking good, will be a great weekend racing. If you're in Adelaide come out for a looksie.

hornet_sv

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • Road Racing SA
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 02:38:35 AM »

What an awesome weekend of racing we all had!

So many PB's were set over the course of the weekend and many many on track battles were fought (even some off track in my case!)

We had some pre-race rivalry with some fellow riders on SV 650 powered machines, as can be seen by this banner:

The SV powered machines DID actually beat us in the 3 hour endurance event, but the Hyosung took home top honours in our 50km sprint races over all. (Top honors behind a Ducati 696 weapon anyway).

Both JulieRush and I took over 3 seconds a lap out of our previous PB's and rode really consistently all weekend.

Next race meeting, July! Bring it on!

JulieRush

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 04:43:01 AM »

teaming up will reduce the stress on the bike. Mine's been thrown down the track that often it'll be lucky to last my first stint!

I should have kept my mouth shut!

I had fuel issues on the saturday with a broken overflow valve on the tank. We swapped the tank over on sunday morning for a spare, but the spare had a broken fuel pump outlet so we swapped the fuel pump over too.

Did one warm up and the 50km race in the morning with no dramas. Around 15 to 20 mins into my first session the bike died on start finish straight. hopped off and ran and pushed it into the pits with fuel pissing out the bottom of the bike. Turns out the fuel hose had come off the tank otuput and just needed clipping back on. Probably my own fault for not putting it on properly in the first place :(

We got it fixed and the second session was going great until the fuel overflow on the second tank gave out too. Basically every time I hit the brakes the fuel would slosh forward in the tank and out of the overflow onto the tank and spray up at me, same as it was doing on Saturday.  It was real hard not to think of GhostRider at each corner!

Sadly I think my fuel hose cost us a shot at the other limited team who beat us by 4 laps, but it was a great experience, albeit thoroughly exhausting.

I have never been so glad to take a chequered flag in my life! By the end of my third stint on track I was completely spent.

In the 50km races I didn't do so well as most other riders were lapping 3 or 4 secs faster than I was, but most of the races I was consistently lapping 1:22s and 1:23s which is well under my previous best of 1:25.7.

I took 3.7 seconds off my PB and lapped consistently under it all weekend, cracking out a 1:22.0 in the 50km race on Sunday morning. This is also the first time I've properly destroyed a rear tyre.  I don't think I could really ask for more than that at the moment so I'm pleased with the weekend's results.

can't wait for next year!

Pages: [1]