• April 20, 2014, 09:56:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: To Hyosung .....  (Read 1040 times)

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
To Hyosung .....
« on: March 05, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »

Good afternoon HYOSUNG ,
Allow me to introduce myself , I am Joe Average who after reading copious amounts of reviews that warned me about shoddy workmanship and quality on your motorbikes , decided that "I will support the underdog "
I should have listened !
I purchased a brand new out of the crate 2012 Hyosung GT250R from your dealer your dealer mind you is looking after me HYOSUNG have stuck it to him)

I rode it in for my 1000 km service , all good , rode out and the chain snapped causing me to nearly be thrown from the bike and make a mess of fairing and other bits on my bike , HYOSUNGS answer : its not covered . So the Dealer forked out of his own pocket to fix my bike.
For weeks I am having trouble from getting pain in my left leg and back , as it turns out the seat bases are warped and don't even fit properly , the riders seat was loose and not even bolted down .

And the best bit at just under 5000km I now have no back brakes , seems the pedal goes straight down to the floor with no resistance , it seems the master cylinder is dead  !

I will not be rewarding HYOSUNG again by upgrading to a 650 in Jan 2014 when I get my open license .... and my word of mouth refrences will not be flattering.

Thanks for dodging my dealers enquiries , thank you for making a sub standard bike , you won't be getting me ...or any of my mates money in the future.

SUZUKI here I come

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

woody101088

• Grinding the pipes
Re: To Hyosung .....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:52:08 AM »

you tell them!

Same thing happened to my buddies Kawsaki... dealer fault of the over tightened chain and it snapped. Sorry to hear that you're in pain and injured, also Kawi did not cover his bike either. He had to sue the dealer for improper set up and ended up with just enough money to pay for his hospital bills and to get a different USED bike
09 GV650 - ZX6R master cyl, EBC pads, 4POT calipers
08 GT650 - parting out PM for parts. Runs great no issues

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:02:11 AM »

Hyo Aus is a particularly shonky importer. They have a history of only standing by their product when it suits...

jakal01

• mao mak mak
  • Learner rider
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:24 AM »

from what i can tell its usually a dealer induced trajedy. 6 months after having my brand new bike(2010 gt650N) the kick stand safety switch went bad. you know, the thing that keeps you from putting it in gear with the engine running, so it shuts off to tell you"hey dumbass, your kickstand is down and your trying to go". long story short i think they routed some wires in a weird spot and ended up with something shorting out or some BS. great dealership and great guys, but idk if it was a bad part or not. the thing is, these dealers dont have years and years of experience like the japanese competitors do. for example the dealer i got my bike from sells scooters mostly. its kind of like the military... there are years and years of experience to draw from and the arts have been perfected and when things change they take new inputs and re-perfect it. these dealers are in the process of perfecting it the first time around so there are bound to be mistakes. one day we will be able to look back and say "yeah, i had one of those before they were cool". but for now we will have to deal with it and make due with our own skills and mechanical apptitude. but make no mistake, we must share this wealth of knowledge and this forum is a perfect place for that. just make sure everything is labled properly and in the corect section so it is easy to figure out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:51:44 AM by jakal01 »
Dear Anne Frank,
       Two can play at this game.
                                            sincerely,
                                              Waldo

DaBigMac

• Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:45:32 AM »

I was on a ride when I personally witnessed a Hyo 250, being ridden at a steady speed, on a straight, flat road at less than 80km/h snap a chain and leave it's rider in the awkward situation of delaying a group of 8 riders while we waited in the middle of bumfk nowhere for him to be towed to the nearest motorcycle shop and have a new chain fitted.

It's sad to hear that you have lasting pain. that sucks. However your pain might not be as a result of a bad bike.

I suspect that your well-meaning and obviously supportive dealer made an honest mistake. Maybe even a few of them.

OK, so the chain, maybe it's a mistake on their dealer's part, maybe not.. BUT..

Bikes are shipped without the battery fitted. The battery is under the seat. A seat that the dealer would have had to remove to fit the battery and re-fit afterward. If your seat was fitted poorly, then there's no one to blame but the dealer.. Even if they did fit the bolts before the initial shipping, the seat is once again removed during the 1,000km service. Was it re-fitted as it should be, or was a stoned 1st year apprentice responsible for that? Either way, your dealer HAS dropped the ball there.

As for the master cyl. Yup 100% Hyo's fault. Simple solution and yet they've never bothered to issue a recall for what is quite obviously a safety issue.

It's been the story of Hyosung's existance. Iffy product quality combined with small-time dealers who are often defensive about their failings and are quick to blame anything other than themselves. Hyosung also have a tendancy to accept any cowboy that's willing to sell their bikes as a dealer. I'm not saying your dealer is a tool, but they've laid the blame for some of their failings at the feet of someone else rather than accepting that they've made a mistake and get on with fixing it.

Even Hyo Australia's main distributor are guilty of this. Stigger's story is more shocking than most. The pictures he has posted are very damning. Graphical evidence of the catastrophic FAIL they did on rebuilding his engine.. It's one of the worst examples I have ever seen of an organization with zero pride in their work. Evidence that the employees could not give a flying firetruck about the work they output. The "She'll be right mate! It's only a bloody Hyo after all" type of attitude. This is the reason why I do all my work myself now and every time I did have to go back to my dealer,when I got my bike back I would check everything I could think of.

I LIKE my dealer, but they've made some pretty shitty mistakes. My rear tail light needed replacing and they broke my license plate light while doing it. A fact they of coure didn't mention when I collected my bike. I didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me by another rider who was behind me.

"Professional" means "Paid to do it", unfortunately it doesn't always carry the meaning and significance that we as consumers assosciate with the word.

Hope you get well soon! Ohh and just to complicate matters a little. I wouldn't buy another Hyosung either. Nor would I advise anyone who asked me to get one either. Enjoy the Zookif you go down that path, but don't expect it to be perfect either. ;) I'm going out on a limb here and might take fire with this comment:

Yamahas are better.

DBM
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Suka

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 12:17:28 PM »

I went to a Kawasaki Dealer on the weekend looking for advice.

The advice I got: "I wouldn't wast my time or money, I'd sell the bike and get something else, Its going to blow up!"

>:(   ;D

joel352

• Regular rider
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »

You have got to remember that Hyos are cheep for what they are. They are not your 10000 superbikes, so they are going to cut back on expensive materials hear and there. They are not bad for the price but you have to keep up with them for maintenance. Like DBM said the seat issue could be the dealers fault. Or it could be you just got a bike with an issue. You can buy a new hyo and not have a issue with it or you do. Its the same with other bike makes. You could go and spend 27000 on a Bimota DB8 SP and have a issue with it. Not all bike makes are imune from issues. I know people who have got jap bikes and have had issues with them.

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »

That's right .... we aren't taking about super bikes we are talking about 250 cc ...

Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Honda ..... Triumph BMW  make super bikes
Hyosung make boat anchors . I wish I had of hung out for LAMS now

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 04:54:59 AM »

In the U.S., the hyos pricing is only cheaper than a 250 yamaha or 250 honda by a few dollars.
I screwed up and bought a GV250 new, a 2011 in 2011. I believed the liar internet reviews. Junk machine, junk dealer,junk factory. My tough luck. Kicked myself...let my friends kick me..ha ha

I feel sorry for anybody that buys an ATK (Hyosung) in the states that think their experience will be any different. Anytime a company changes its name more than it changes it's socks to market it's product
, well they have no self-respect or business responsibility. The free market will solve their problem and their dealers problems.

I fixed my problem by purchasing a 2013 iron 883. The GV250 is so unreliable I don't believe I'll even "stick" a second person with it as I would feel badly about it.

Hyo dealers don't even ride the things...they show up at work driving a pickup truck...that way they know they will get there.

Anyway...the Harley dealers mens room is bigger than an entire Hyosung dealership.

And I have 3 harley dealers within 20 miles of me..and they have parts.

The metric guys don't have parts, mechanics or shops of any use  anymore...I think the recession really hurt them. They are more interested in selling jet skis and  off road 4 wheelers

So far...i put the key in, push the button and the harley goes....it doesn't even have an F1 light. It runs in a rainstorm and everything works on it...it's waterproof......plus, it ony costs me a few dollars more per month in payment than the Hyosung.
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Snowfox

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 05:00:33 AM »

It will still vibrate to death.

Ive taken my hyo through a storm and its still kicking.
SmartGuard Immobiliser.
Kaneg Sliders (nocut).
Spools.

Pages: [1] 2