• December 17, 2018, 01:42:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 250 Production racing in Aus  (Read 4031 times)

hornet_sv

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • Road Racing SA
Re: 250 Production racing in Aus
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 10:16:39 AM »

That would be awesome of you could  8) cheers
www.roadracingsa.com -South Australian Road Racing Community

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

barnesd

• Learner rider
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 03:35:56 PM »

Sorry I haven't got the photo's of the catch tray up, I was in a bit of a rush at scrutineering, but I will get you a picture shortly. Anyways, this is how I finished my weekend off.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:38:42 PM by barnesd »

123krehan

• Regular rider
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »

not cool
2 legs, 2 wheels, coincidence? i think not!

Snowfox

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Re: 250 Production racing in Aus
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »

That's an awesome shot mate!

I'm a bit surprised that you are running the factory lower fairing. We cannot on our 650's because the done meet the MoMS guidelines of damming and containing 3L of fluids. How do you get away with it?

Now that ive got some space I might look into making a race glass mould.
SmartGuard Immobiliser.
Kaneg Sliders (nocut).
Spools.

barnesd

• Learner rider
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 06:08:01 AM »

not cool
No not really! But that's racing. I was in 4th gear pulling 8500rpm, so just on 100km/h
Just needs left top, side and rear fairings, left clipon and a new forearm panel in the leathers. Beyond that, I had a bit of a sore right wrist for 2 days as it got jolted when the front was letting go.

123krehan

• Regular rider
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 06:28:49 AM »

well good to hear ur ok, good luck with repairs
2 legs, 2 wheels, coincidence? i think not!

gregjet

• Regular rider
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:30 PM »

Not sure of the new 250 prod rules as I stopped 250 prod racing a couple of years ago ( vtr250 and then cbr250rr), but if you can replace the rear shock and you are on a budget, the Honda cbr250rr ( real one not the pretend modern thing) rear shock fits almost straight on and is way superior to the std boinger. I chucked this years MOMS so I can't check. Have you done the fork internals?
I reckon the Hyo is going to be held back by the wheels weight and chassis weight  and the inability to put 2 into 2 exhaust that V motors need, more than anything else. Engine is great and chassis geometry is pretty dammed good with the suspension fixed.
Glass fairing ( cloth not chopped strand)  and tail unit will save you heaps of weight.
Don't go too big on the tyres honestly. With the Hyo lard already high and not huge horsepower a 130 or 140 rear is plenty . just get the best lightest grippest one you can find.
Always wanted to have a go at racing the Comet but sold it before it was practical to put it on the track( to get my racing er6).

barnesd

• Learner rider
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 07:42:55 AM »

New set of rules, so only the modern Honda single, Kawi twin, Hyo v-twin and the Daelim single are the only bikes allowed to enter. Unfortunatly nothing can be changed and you are stuck with a single tyre size and make.
It seems the power to be will be changing up the rules next year to allow the Kawi 300 and the new Honda 500 twin to race without partiy restrictors and not allowing the the 250's any mods, so could end up an interesting year. I'll still be around racing the state and club rounds and having fun with boy racers on 600's!  :P

If anyone is interested, Saturday and Sunday is round 3 of the VRRC at Broadford, all the fast guys will be there as it also a round of the ASBK championship. I won't be there as weddings cost waaaay to much money and bike is still in pieces, but will be back for the final round of ASBK at Phillip Island at the start of October.

barnesd

• Learner rider
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 03:58:26 AM »

Well this weekend coming (October 5th & 6th) is the final round of the ASBK championship at Phillip Island. There is shaping up to be a big field of 250 production bikes. Last time at the island the Hyo performed well enough. But I have made a few little changes to setup that should help with cornering a bit more.

If your down that way, drop by and find us in one of the garages. Be happy to show you around the bikes.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 04:49:43 AM »

How'd the wedding go?

Did you do the manly thing and faint?

DBM
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: 1 [2] 3