• January 17, 2018, 09:22:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First Race  (Read 757 times)

bat333

• Learner rider
First Race
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »

Well guys I tried, 15 riders all on Ninja 250's except me. Had to start on 4th row. Got up to fourth but kept hitting rev limiter so ended up 6th.  Compared to the sorted out Ninja's we have our work cut out if we are going to beat them. I rode the wheels off the little Hyosung, but no matter how hard I went into the corners, they had the HP.

Got home and already started looking at what we can do. Our head gaskets are three layers, so I will use one. Found a company that has a crystal that goes inside our ECU to adjust the rev limiter, which I was always hitting at the wrong time, which I will try. I have to hook up the Power Commander but have to find someone to give me a custom map. I may clean up the exhaust port. The guys in New Zealand say it is too small, then maybe try a bit more open exhaust. Our head pipes are way too small too. Not much I can do with them right now. There is a guy in Texas that has built pipes for me before. I will contact him to see how long it would take to make some. But on top of all that, we need to work on the suspension too. Pushing to the limit and beyond showed me stock stuff doesn't work. Race Tech has not responded to my emails to see what they can do or have for the 250. I know a early GSXR Fox shock fits, just need to find a good one.

So guys, sorry I didn't do better. Doing the track days I had nobody to compare the bike with except 600 and 1000 cc bikes. Well back to the shop to see what we can do. On the other hand, the Bridgestone 003's are great, brakes are great.

To be continued...

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

woody101088

• Grinding the pipes
Re: First Race
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:42:29 AM »

more power!

Did you contact moto-union?  Or even Hyosung.biz sells the full Arrow exhaust systems.

If you're looking for a better suspension look for a set of used GT650 forks and get some Racetech cartridges
09 GV650 - ZX6R master cyl, EBC pads, 4POT calipers
08 GT650 - parting out PM for parts. Runs great no issues

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: First Race
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:29:13 AM »

As to the Power Commander, the unit fits on a 250.

If you load a zero map, then the PCV is essentially doing nothing to adjust injector timing. Your bike will run no better, or worse..

You can then either choose to get it dyno tuned (recommended) or fit an Autotune module.

I'd offer to help, but I am in Sydney. Please check out the wiring info I posted in the 650 section.

With regards to the porting of the exhaust, there's a lot of meat on the headers, but I would recommend getting a head from a dead engine and experimenting with how much you can smooth away without entering a water/oil gallery.

Keep in mind that the ninja riders are using carbies and larger journal bearings, so in theory you should be able to squeeze out more power than they do and it sounds like you are thumping them in the corners already.

Cheers,

DBM
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1]