• October 20, 2017, 12:45:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Well done Hyosung ... another lemon  (Read 16590 times)

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
Well done Hyosung ... another lemon
« on: June 10, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »

Well no doubt most know some of the dramas I have had with my 12 model ....
here is the latest round ....
Stalls constantly , won't go faster than 65km per hour , stutters then stalls from every stop .... So back to the dealer I go ...
This is an onging problem with Hyosung and nothing they intend to fix anytime soon was the answer I received. The dealer stated that once their contract is up they won't be chasing to renew it , they have No back up from Hyosung ... so now my ECM has been re mapped , valve clearances done, new plugs and new leads .... and if it does it again they will re do it all again .....

I went and brought a GSXR 750 , my new love ..... so far I have turned 7 people away from Hyosung and will keep it up they do not deserve good custom

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Snowfox

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Well done Hyosung ... another lemon
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:57 PM »

Sounds like shit fuel.
SmartGuard Immobiliser.
Kaneg Sliders (nocut).
Spools.

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 10:38:31 PM »

Only ever BP 98 and has done filters

woody101088

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:26:13 AM »

well manufacturers do have lemons. It can't be helped.
Sorry to hear you got a bad one.

I am happy with my Hyosungs. So far so good, every bike has their issues though. The issues i've had my dealer has taken care of me.

I hear horror stories about Honda RC51 and CBR600 eating stators. The VFRs Vtec slamming you off the bike when it "kicks in"

Then we have the loud and annoying valve train of the kawis.

Followed by the unreliable (but dead sexy) Ducati.

And then the stigma of owning a Suzuki and being called a "Squidsxr" and having the police file you under "moron" catagory
09 GV650 - ZX6R master cyl, EBC pads, 4POT calipers
08 GT650 - parting out PM for parts. Runs great no issues

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »

Funny that you classify the Ducati as unreliable.. :-\

Guess what I have my beady little eyes on?  ???

Ohh well, at least my GT will be good practice for an Italian Mistress.

DBM
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

woody101088

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:25:05 AM »

i have my heart set on a Ducati multistrada to be honest..
09 GV650 - ZX6R master cyl, EBC pads, 4POT calipers
08 GT650 - parting out PM for parts. Runs great no issues

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 04:22:20 AM »

Streetfighter S for moi..

I do love getting about naked..  ;D ;D
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »

@ spyvspy
Do lemons get made? Occasionally, yes.
But I would say this is an ongoing problem with your DEALER not Hyosung. These bikes are so simple to work on. They obviously don't know what they are doing so I guess it won't be anything "they" will be able to fix anytime soon and I guess they won't be able to "keep" their contract rather than renew it.
I would say that your Hyosung "importer" is refusing to cough up for the time your dealer has spent "guessing" what might be the problem. So your dealer has their nose out of joint.
Dealers misrepresent their abilities to importers all the time so that they can add another product to their line. Then when they can't fix things they blame everyone but themselves. It is just how some folks are wired internally, to most mechanics, electrics is Voodoo stuff beyond their comprehension because mechanics work with their hands not their heads. The modern mechanic needs to be a totally different beast to the old days.
Bad dealerships don't carry parts either and then blame the importer because you have to wait for a part to be shipped.
Unless you can get parts in 2 hours from a local distribution centre across town then you had better carry parts on your dealership shelves if you want to properly service your customers.

Highly doubt the valves clearances were adjusted, just checked. Ask any 'honest' mechanic and they will tell you most bikes never need their valve clearances adjusted EVER, even if you take the cams off. If an engine is built properly they don't just change their clearances for no reason. Sure you should check the clearances if you have the covers off, only takes a few seconds for each valve but you check your oil too. Doesn't mean there is a problem with the engine 'cause your oil is being checked.
Plugs, consumable items.
Leads, unless they were abused (bent so the carbon core broke) should last the life of the engine so why were they changed. Some mechanics still think spark plug leads have wires in them!
And, the standard bulls#!t excuse by every amateur mechanic who didn't know what to do, "Oh, we reprogrammed the ECU". Bet they didn't! Just trying to justify their time. Reprogramming the ECU won't fix the sorts of problems you are describing. If it did then the ECU was faulty and should have been completely replaced. Remapping can add a few kilowatts of power at certain revs but that's all.
Most of the time on bikes it is because you got water into your ECU connector and this results in a small amount of corrosion on the terminals resulting in faulty communications. Unplugging the ECU from its connector and a spray with ElectroLube on the connections would have fixed it.

Quite frankly I'm sick of the many "Bad Hyosung" horror stories being dumped on the bike instead of the "Bad Dealer" or the "Incompetent Dealer". Or the "Lazy Importer" who didn't enforcing skill levels and stock control. Even sometimes the "Bad Owner" with unrealistic expectations about motorcycles who ends up jumping from brand to brand to brand and is never happy.

I've been riding for 35 years and have owned different brands but I've had a marvellous run with all my Hyos for really high kilometres/miles too.
They are way more modern and powerful than the competition in their class and they are very reliable but, if something does break the parts are always cheap and the parts are readily available. Heck I can get parts from Korea in 3 days! What is this crap about 2 weeks from the importer. Why is the dealer having to order anyway. If the dealer is serious about selling the brand shouldn't they have the parts on the shelf.

2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

JulieRush

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 11:55:45 AM »

awesome post.

nicely put.

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 05:20:43 AM »

<SNIP>
Quite frankly I'm sick of the many "Bad Hyosung" horror stories being dumped on the bike instead of the "Bad Dealer" or the "Incompetent Dealer". Or the "Lazy Importer" who didn't enforcing skill levels and stock control. Even sometimes the "Bad Owner" with unrealistic expectations about motorcycles who ends up jumping from brand to brand to brand and is never happy.

I've been riding for 35 years and have owned different brands but I've had a marvellous run with all my Hyos for really high kilometres/miles too.
They are way more modern and powerful than the competition in their class and they are very reliable but, if something does break the parts are always cheap and the parts are readily available. Heck I can get parts from Korea in 3 days! What is this crap about 2 weeks from the importer. Why is the dealer having to order anyway. If the dealer is serious about selling the brand shouldn't they have the parts on the shelf.

To be honest it works both ways Hyosung appointed those importers, and in the US the dealers...

It's not good enough to absolve hyo of any wrong doing and cry it's the dealers. fault...

Hyosung rushed to market in the 650's case at least with an underdeveloped product and grabbed for whatever importers they could get to carry it, if there's an importer issue then that's still's Hyosung's problem they appointed them.

Then you supply less than top tier experienced importers with a substandard product and you get exactly what happened. Lots of failures and very little backup.

Now I know it happened to Hyundai and others, but that's not an excuse do these people not pay attention???

Because someone else failed the same way in the past isn't an excuse, it's worse!

So they released a substandard product with substandard support onto a substandard network, no ones fault but their own...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9