• December 18, 2017, 03:41:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Well done Hyosung ... another lemon  (Read 16755 times)

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
Re: Well done Hyosung ... another lemon
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 04:54:10 AM »

Hyosung finally got back to the dealer ... the exhaust system is now to be replaced from the motor back .... another 5 days waiting for it to come via road ....

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 06:32:39 AM »

It's really unfortunate that you are getting all these problems. I know you stand behind your dealer, which is great as he obviously inspires a lot of confidence from you. I hope he's as supportive of the idea of a replacement/return. Good luck with it mate, but depending where you are I would be looking @ consumer law policy.

Seriously.. Exhaust? Of all the things it could be, I would think that the exhaust rates about last.. If the exhaust is leaking, it will be obvious. The only reason for an exhaust to be replaced is if it's mis-shapen and leaking.

O2 sensor? Yes. TPS? Also yes (but only once you get it idling again...). Can you ask the dealer to check what codes the FI computer gives? You need to bridge a pin under the pillion and then the ECU displays an error code(s) on your dashboard. These codes are a good 1st step in figuring out what went wrong.

The Hyo's are a very simple motorbike dude.. it's not rocket science. Air + Fuel + Spark = fun. The EFI on these bikes is very straight forward.

I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »

I hear ya , the problem is that they know what it the problem is .. Hyosung don't believe it and want all these crap tests / repairs done before they will cover the costs ... apparently they stated that they believe that the cat converter and exhaust has collapsed and that is causing the drama's ....
Every step of the way I have been shown the parts and the emails from Hyosung to the dealer and dealer in return ...
So now the list is
re mapped ecu
new plugs
new coil leads
new ecu
new exhaust
new cat
new o2 sensor
they now think it should be back Friday

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 05:00:10 AM »

So , a few Fridays have passed and my lemon is still at the dealers ...the new exhaust was fitted and guess what .... it didn't fix the problem ...
again another week or so of waiting to hear back from Hyosung

Titlerider

• Learner rider
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »

Great chain of posts.  The aspect that troubles me is that the HYO ownership experience should not be so 'hit and miss' based upon who your dealer is or whether your bike was built with defective parts.  One thing I learned is that it costs me $120 to rent a truck to get my GT250 to the nearest dealer.  The moral of the story for me is that my next bike will be a more common brand with a dealer in my town.  I'd love a BMW or Ducati, but the idea of having a problem while riding in the small towns in my home state, much less across the USA, is not very appealing. 

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »

Mate just read 98% of all the posts on this site .... all problems with Hyosung ..headlights exhaust won't start blah blah
I won't put my trust in them

123krehan

• Regular rider
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 12:53:51 AM »

i can see how you are annoyed but on the other hand iv got a 07 gt250r, i ride like i stole it cose im used to a zx6r, in saying that it doesn't miss a beat, the basic layout of it is simple, i just make sure i replace as much hard wear as possible when doing maintenance or my stupid tinkering/upgrades. i am no mechanic but my rule of thumb, if it cant be isolated by a test light, mulitymeater gauge and pulled off and replaced then you tell your mechanic.
2 legs, 2 wheels, coincidence? i think not!

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »

So out of frustration I emailed Hyosung myself last week and received no reply.
So I called them today on the phone. I spoke to a lady who said "Oh the warranty and tech guy is away for a month so you won't get a reply"
Awesome hey.

So she put me thru to another guy " Leave it with me I will get back to you today without fail"
Guess what , didn't happen.....

I can feel Ministry of Fair Trading coming on

SpyvsSpy

• Learner rider
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 03:06:04 AM »

After no response yesterday from Hyosung Australia  ::) ::)
I called again today and spoke with "Steve" so he doesn't want to know what has been done to my bike .... he said he wants to find out and get back to me ...blah blah
I will be onto Ministry of Fair Trading at 1400 hours if nothing back again

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 03:08:19 AM »

After no response yesterday from Hyosung Australia  ::) ::)
I called again today and spoke with "Steve" so he doesn't want to know what has been done to my bike .... he said he wants to find out and get back to me ...blah blah
I will be onto Ministry of Fair Trading at 1400 hours if nothing back again
I didn't realise you were dealing with Hyo Aus, ****s 100%.

Andrew Sanders used to be their warranty bloke, some time ago PM me if you want the number.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9