• July 19, 2018, 02:42:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: reving problem and engine kill :(  (Read 892 times)

RedRider1984

• Training Wheels
    • My youtube channel
reving problem and engine kill :(
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »

Hi im new to this forum and its my first post with a problem :)
So here we go i got a 2013 brand new Hyosung GT 125R and i was riding it like 5 days now it has 315 miles on the clock when i got to 300 miles this stuff started happening. When the engine is extremely hot after an 45 min ride the revs suddenly go up! Neutral and in gear at iddle  to 2500 sometimes 2000 and holding on that level i dnt know if this is normal for the engine or not ? This is the break -in period so im very much in panic here did i do something to the engine? At the shop they said dont go above 8000 revs witch i didnt. Maybe the long ride made it go up like that? I didnt try to start it from cold today and check what revs its going to have iddle (neutral) the second thing i have a problem with is sometimes when on 2 nd or 1st gear when the clutch is fully squezed and im breaking it kills the engine, revs fall very low and shutdown :( anyone knows whats the possible problem here? if there is somewhere a topic like mine pls direct me there as i was looking for it in search but didnt find any with similar problem cheers! 8)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:18:39 PM by RedRider1984 »
Riding Hyosung GT 125R 2013
no mods so far but soon :)

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

RedRider1984

• Training Wheels
    • My youtube channel
Re: reving problem and engine kill :(
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »

Hi i see that no one has an ide whats going on with my bike. Update on the situation i started it yesterday and today high iddlying revs still happening randomly to 2000 or 2500 still dnt know whats the issue... but had a problem with switching gears and finding neutral but sorted it out as the cluth lever was too lose now it seems to also cure my kill engine problem :) . Cant find any solution to the high reving though i am hoping first service will sort that as ill mention it to the dealer when i hit 600 miles alredy done 420 so 1st service is to be expected very soon.
Riding Hyosung GT 125R 2013
no mods so far but soon :)

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:13:05 AM »

your idle speed control may be out of whack....or your throttle cable may be in a bind and not returning all the way...see if the throttle body levers are against the "stop" with the throttle grip not touched.....
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 06:14:54 AM »

there is a thread for gt 125's where you may get more help.....you are currently posting on the "blog help" section...not the motorcycle "help" section
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

Pages: [1]