• December 18, 2017, 11:36:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 06 Hyosung GT250r Problem please help??  (Read 1836 times)

Twisted

• Training Wheels
06 Hyosung GT250r Problem please help??
« on: August 25, 2013, 06:12:45 PM »

Hey all

im newish to riding and brand spanking new to bike mechanics. I am having a issue that no one wants to help me with so im asking you, my fellow riders for help on this isuue.

EDIT:  just inc ase people ask it has done 65000Ks (not exact but i know its just over 65000) but with that being said the shop where i got it from told me the guy the got it from had droped it and the LED display screen had broken so they replaces it with a 2nd hand one (only reason i belive this is i can see the damage on the bike and the plastics around the display were broken) so anyways from what they said it had origonaly and what i have ridden the number would be around 39000ks but for the sake of not trusting a shop that treated me like shit just stick with its curent number)

i have had the bike for around 6 months give or take and all was fine until about 3 weeks ago where i would be riding along between 80 - 100kmph and the bike will start jerking, strugling and lacks power so i have to throtle on to get it back up after this it gos fine keeping it at a speed but the second i take the throtle off it jerks again if im doing lower speeds it seems perfect, i took it to  bike shop i got it from and they basicly said its a hyo what do you expect and told me they will look over the bike but it will cost me $98ph and they would need to keep it in the shop for a few days, basicly i told them to stick it and said shows how loyal you are to customers who always shop here and send there friends here for parts they wernt to happy but idgaf, so i took it to another shop and got the same treatment along the lines of its a hyo and i should go buy a ninja but they said they would look at it free (pissed off but happy i would know what the issue was) later that day they said they looked it over and took it for a ride and said oh it just needs a service, i explained that i already had the service done so it is not the issue and they said oh well we will charge you for the time looking at it as they said free expecting me to pay for a service after, after a massive depate i got my bike back and was on my way home and it happened again, anoyed i took it to the shop my brother takes his bike to and once again got giggle at the fact im riding a hyo (love the hyo feels so good to ride great first bike) they said lots of problems happen to hyos and it could be one of the massive list and the specilize in ninjas and were to busy fixing other bike so i said if ninjas were so good y are you so busy fixing them ll the time, cracked up at them and walked out (think i pissed them off a bit) anyways after the long story you see y i cant get help from shops as they are all ..... yea

can anyone shed some light onto this please?
i need the bike running 100% again as i rely on it for my transport.

thanks for taking the time to read this and hope for a reply soon.
happy riding all.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:30:30 PM by Twisted »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Twisted

• Training Wheels
Re: 06 Hyosung GT250r Problem please help??
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »

31 views no help? please help i really need to know whats going on.

hyorider2

• Learner rider
  • HOTDIGGERTY
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »

31 views no help? please help i really need to know whats going on.
    :o wow, high  cliks for a 250. wot were you expecting ? sounds like a total r 8)e-build. again - fuel.carb clean, then check stator,reg,bad wiring, battery.check compression. cheers
GREAT  POWER TO  $  RATIO

Twisted

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »

well being new to actually working on this bike would you be able to explain what the stator is and how would i check it? what bad wireing? and i don't know how to check compression on a bike, any help on this stuff besides search is your friend would be a great help.

also i dont see how its that big a deal on the KMs i do alot of highway riding to and from work and easly run the kms up, the way i see it is if it has low kms its new, dosn't get riden stuff all or someone has tampered with the clock

locomanalex

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • locomanalex' Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »

you probably need to provide a bit more info so that the guys here can help you out more
you said the bike had a service done...what exactly was done to it? oil and filter, carbs balancing, spark plugs, timing etc, etc?
could be bad fuel or gummed up carbs.  Some Sea Foam could help in that deparment
just for good measures you should replace the fuel filter and check the fuel/vacuum lines for cracks or softness as air leaks or lines that collapse as you throttle up or down can be starving the engine of fuel or air
"To win the race, you have to finish First. To finish First, you First have to Finish the race"

Twisted

• Training Wheels
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:23:16 AM »

oil and filter, plugs, air filter, fuel filter umm dont remember anything to do with the carbs as it was just basic stuff, i now know how to do most of that thow as for anything carbs wise i have no idea i have always gone to the same place for fuel and have had no issues with my car or any issues with my brothers and dads bikes so i wouldnt say its fuel but the carbs could be gummed up, how would i know this and what is seafoam? or would it be beter to do a full carby clean?

thanks for reply

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 12:15:23 PM »

A brief explanation of electricals:

The stator is a cluster of copper coils that is attached to your crankshaft. Surrounding them is a stationary, powerful, magnet. As the engine spins, electrical current is created in the coils, due to the powerful magnetic field. The type of current produced in the stator is AC voltage, in three phases (signals) and is completely unsuitable for use in a motorcycle. To make it into something useful, a Regulator Rectifier is used.

A Regulator Rectifier, often called a reg/rec is used to convert the AC voltage created by the stator into useful DC voltage. The stator must always be making MORE THAN 12V, so that means the Regulator part of the reg/rec regulates the voltage to a constant 14.4V by dumping excess voltage to the chassis. The rectifier part of the reg/rec is what does the conversion from AC to DC by joining the 3 phases of AC to a single DC signal.

Some notes about Hyosung: The reg/rec used in most (all?) Hyosung motorbikes is based on 'diodes' that are of poor quality. They perish easily. The standard reg/rec is not reliable and will fail quickly.

Testing of electrical components:

To test your stator, you will need to have a multimeter. You will also need to locate the connector on the bike from the stator to the reg/rec. It is a three pin connector with three yellow wires. These wires are identical and it does not matter which is what. They're the same. Lets call those pins A, B & C.

1. Set your multimeter to AC voltage.
2. Disconnect the stator from the reg/rec.
3. Start your motorcycle in neutral.
4. Rev the engine to 5,000 RPM.
5. Measure the voltage on the engine side across all combinations of the three pins A to B, B to C and A to C.
6. They must all output a roughly equal voltage.
7. The voltage must be close to 70VAC.

To test the reg/rec:

1. Set your multimeter to DC voltage.
2. Locate the two pin connector leaving the reg/rec. This wire is what charges your battery.
3. Measure the output from the two pin connector leaving the reg/rec.
4. It should be above 13V, preferably above 13.5V.

This is a reg/rec:

This is a stator:

I hope this helps,

DBM
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:22:36 PM by DaBigMac »
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Twisted

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 12:41:26 PM »

wow thank you so much for putting the time into that post i really appreciate it i need to learn as much as i can i will go grab my dads multimeter tomorrow and give this a shot. now all i need to do is learn more about the carbs and ill be set :D i know body work and general service eg plugs oil etc once i get it running sweet again i can get back to making my 2nd rear seat cowl and custom ferrings :D 

thank you once again

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 12:06:02 AM »

Twisted,

Search *is* your friend.. ;)

There are at least four good threads on carby maintenance.

DBM
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

locomanalex

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • locomanalex' Youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 01:22:45 AM »

seafoam is a fuel additive/cleaner...works great for clearing clogged carbs and injectors plus other benefits.
look around at your local automotive store
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/3/AutoFluidsChemicals/FuelTreatments/PRDOVR~0387800P/Seafoam+Motor+Treatment.jsp?locale=en
used it on my friend's ninja 250 that was having a really hard time starting up, once we added Seafoam to the fuel and let it mix and settle, it started right up
"To win the race, you have to finish First. To finish First, you First have to Finish the race"

Pages: [1] 2