• October 22, 2018, 12:05:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Exhaust problem.  (Read 1668 times)

Dface

• Learner rider
Exhaust problem.
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »

Hello koriders.

Ever since i got my new Exhaust from Two Brothers my bike has been acting really odd. It runs odd in most of the gears, and sometimes just turns off when gearing down, when the engine is still cold.
For what i've gotten explained it has something to do with the resistance of the exhaust to do, but the mecanic already tried fixing it and he told the only way, i could fix it would be by computer or buying a DB killer for it to raise the resistance. Is that true, or are there other ways?

A friend told me buying a new and better air filter would improve it. Or buy a bigger nozzle.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

matt2133

• Regular rider
Re: Exhaust problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:45:48 AM »

What year is your bike?
We shall succeed where science has failed

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:00:19 AM »

If your bike is Carby (not EFI) you cannot just go and simply change your exhaust system and not expect problems.

The OEM carbies were tuned to BOTH the OEM air intake system AND the OEM exhaust.

You will need to have your carbies "re-jetted". This means changing the needle size and its' position and mixture settings. This is best done by an outlet with a Dyno for optimum results.
Example: http://www.ghostridersmotorcycles.com.au/motorcycle_dynotune.html

An experienced Hyo outlet mechanic that has used the "exact" same air intake and exhaust system you have, will know precisely what to change and the precise settings, but if they haven't used your style of new can I would suggest tuning on a Dyno.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Dface

• Learner rider
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »

I don't know much about engines and such.

But its an 2009 carby model ;)
So if i want an optimal bike at this point i should get it to my local hyosung seller/mechanics, they could fix it for me you think? or maybe i could try myself or is that to dificult?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:20:17 AM by Dface »

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=381.0 <-- read it. Every word.

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=24235.0 <-- supplemental reading.

No matter how basic your knowledge of mechanics is, by reading these threads, you will know exactly how to solve your problems and have the knowledge to do some meaty mods. Expect a solid performance gain as a bonus also.

Some people meditate, some people do something else beginning with m that relaxes you, but nothing compares to well tuned carbies.

DBM
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=16600.0 <-- don't know if this applies to 2009 model bikes or not..
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 02:21:38 PM »

should get it to my local hyosung seller/mechanics, they could fix it for me you think?
If they didn't fit the after market 'can' they most likely won't know how to fix it unless they have a dyno.

Unless you just want to pay someone else, follow DMS's suggestion. Plenty of posts on Korider on how to fix this 'IF' you take the time to read them.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Dface

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »

I read the whole thing yesterday, its my projekt for this week or next week ;)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »

Just as a suggestion, if you have the spare cash, fit an aftermarket air filter at the same time and then do your jetting to save the need to do it again later if you decide to upgrade your filter.

Dface

• Learner rider
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »

Ill think about it bro
- Can you recommend any special air filter? Does it improve the bike a lot with new air filter or?

Pages: [1] 2 3