• July 17, 2018, 12:33:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hyosung gv250 frame  (Read 821 times)

Bockamos

• Training Wheels
Hyosung gv250 frame
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:31:54 AM »

Hey all..

I currently have a Hyosung gv250 2010 that has been classed as a statutory ride off. The bike still works perfectly, but the frame is bent. I've been told all I need to get is a new frame (new VIN number) and then I can get it registered again.

I have found a frame for a 2003 model gv250 (good condition), do you know if it is the same frame as the 2010 model?

If not, does anyone recommend a place where I can get another frame? I live in Australia, but happy to do shipping from another country.

Thanks

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
Re: Hyosung gv250 frame
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »

Statutory write-offs are for scrap only and some very specific donor parts only.
What you want to do is called re-birthing and is illegal right accross Oz and stopping people doing that is the main reason for the WOVR (written off vehicle register).

The WOVR records both the VIN "and" the Engine number along with specific codes from the insurer covering the reason for the wrote-off. Any structural components are not permitted to be re-used including a whole engine (allowing parts of one).

Any frame you are thinking of buying you need to do a 'National' PPRS check on the VIN to see if it has also been listed on the now National WOVR . Costs $4 per VIN.
https://transact.ppsr.gov.au/ppsr/QuickVINSearch

'Any' write off from NSW is a statutory write off and can never be re-registerd as the VIN is "pemanently cancelled".
Other states differentiate between statutory (permanent) and repairable write-offs and repairable require a VIV which is a bloody long winded expensive process with very specific donor and repair diary documentation requirements to get approval for registration.

I suggest you start the other way around by buying a repairable write-off and using various parts from your statutory write-off to fix the repairable one.

What state are you in?
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Pages: [1]